Disney to build a UK theme park????

djsmith

Mouseketeer
Ok so i dunno if this has any truth to it or if its on here under another thread or if its just a windup of some sort (this is prob the most likely outcome) but i saw this picture on facebook last night.

534837_425864780824970_766077001_n_zps04ce769e.jpg

So apparently we'r getting a theme park somewhere in england in 5 years time and by sharing that picture on facebook your in with a chance of getting VIP tickets. Yeah right. I for one am not holding my breath i just thought i'd add this here see if anyone else had seen anything or had any info?

They could probably support it.

But it really doesn't make sense considering how close Marne la Vallee is to London et al. And the European affinity/acceptance that rail is acceptable (as opposed to the daily "rape at the pump" by the US masses)

Why build another park in a seasonal climate so close? Disney also negotiated further rights and consideration from the French Government for future development. So any new development makes sense there.

I can't look at this as anything other than a hoax...
Disney running a sweepstakes for tickets to a park that they haven't bothered to start building yet? And shill they are building heavily in china?

That dog don't hunt.

And besides...as long as my friends, the Brits, continue to holiday for three weeks at a time in Florida...what point is there to bring the parks to them?

I cannot think of anywhere that Disney could lay their hands on enough land in the UK to consider doing this!

If you're old enough to remember the days pre-DLP, you will probably remember that the UK (more specifically, London/Essex) was under consideration at that time but they ended up going with France. Some would argue that it was the wrong decision (I certainly would) but I'm sure the powers that be had their reasons. I actually live about 10 minutes from the site under consideration in the UK which would have been awesome, but I digress...

It is no secret that DLP has lost money hand over fist. Despite improving attendance figures, DLP has had plenty of bail outs and has yet to bring in any money for the Disney Corporation (DLP is not owned or operated by Disney for those who don't know that) and there were rumours late last year that Disney were going to buy it out and take it over. In the end, they floated DLP another 1.7 Billion loan. The short version, it is costing Disney too much money and DLP is still up to it's neck in debt.

Why is this relevant....? In a word...MONEY! I can't see Disney dumping billions into another park that is 2 hours from DLP. With DLP being nothing but a money pit (and because of the way it is run and managed, I don't see that changing any time soon) it wouldn't make any sense for Disney to build a park in the UK.

That said, Paramount has announced a new theme park in the UK (Kent) which is billed as a "rival" for DLP. I guess it is possible that Disney are a little worried about this and may consider building in the UK too. I wouldn't put much stock in this story just yet, but there may be some element of truth in it.

if you click on the title above the picture it takes you to the facebook page. it a university page project showing the power of advertising. I think their trying to see how quickly a rumor can spread. they do invite you to "express your anger and disappointment." sorry to disappoint you! I was also excited for a few minutes!
Laura Xx

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

It's fake. If you look at the 'about us' you will see it is nothing official .. In fact I think it's now been removed. some sort of marketing project or something by noone related to Disney.

Eliza32 said:
I cannot think of anywhere that Disney could lay their hands on enough land in the UK to consider doing this!

That too...

If I remember correctly...the UK has the population of roughly California crammed in the area of less than the state of Illinois...

A little tight on the real estate

All that would be needed is a little more than 1200 hectares near both good roads and rail. And hopefully not too far from a major international airport.

That too...

If I remember correctly...the UK has the population of roughly California crammed in the area of less than the state of Illinois...

A little tight on the real estate

I think you mean England and not the UK :goodvibes

It's fake. If you look at the 'about us' you will see it is nothing official .. In fact I think it's now been removed. some sort of marketing project or something by noone related to Disney.

Plus, the styling looks all wrong for current Disney branding. They don't use that logo anywhere to do with the resorts, and the fonts generally have shading/colour tone currently.

Does England still have the green belt rules for land around cities? If so, there is plenty of land, but it is probably untouchable.

Anyways, I'm sure it's fake - like the Facebook page that seems to be giving away lots of free DL tickets to someone who likes/shares their image...

It's the latest form of the "forward this email and we will track it and enter you in to a $1 million drawing" from Microsoft...

I just finally look at the "promo"...

lol...it redonkulously fake!

what an amateur hack job! we talk about it here because disney actually give no "news" and "rumors" to speak of (news is few and far between...rumors are created by keyboard jockeys all over the earth bathing in a bath of liquid sugar and wishful thinking)...but this is such garbage. Like a 6th grade art project.

Who the heck is "Walt Disney Parks" anyway? :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter