Disney tips everyone should know

Cool Cat

Coolest Cat on the Boards
Hello everyone!
I have gone to Disney many times, and have some tips to share:
1. DON'T try to do everything. You'll just exhaust yourself.
2. Have a list of must-do's, or you may end up missing a few things that you really wanted to do.
3. Don't buy anything that is not food until the end of the day. It is REALLY hard to carry the items around all day.
4. Use fast-pass. It will save you time.
5. Unless your kids REALLY want to meet a character, don't waste your time at meet and greats.

Feel free to add your own advice. Just add to the last advice number posted.

Hello everyone!
I have gone to Disney many times, and have some tips to share:
1. DON'T try to do everything. You'll just exhaust yourself.
2. Have a list of must-do's, or you may end up missing a few things that you really wanted to do.
3. Don't buy anything that is not food until the end of the day. It is REALLY hard to carry the items around all day.
4. Use fast-pass. It will save you time.
5. Unless your kids REALLY want to meet a character, don't waste your time at meet and greats.

Feel free to add your own advice. Just add to the last advice number posted.

One of mine is just the opposite of #3...buy things when you see them and have it sent to main gate/resort for later pickup. You don't always have time for a second go at things.

7. Spend the $$$ on Memory Maker so that you can be IN the photos.

Spending the money on Memory Maker this trip since it includes all the ride snaps and the Tower of Terror video. Should be fun to watch when we are home and the snow is piling up outside. :lmao:

One of mine is just the opposite of #3...buy things when you see them and have it sent to main gate/resort for later pickup. You don't always have time for a second go at things.

Or if you are a Disney Resort guest have it sent it your resort for pickup tomorrow.

I wasted a lot of time before going back and forth to shops where I thought I had spotted something that I later decided I wanted.

1 arrive early at park opening
2 have a plan
3. when your not having fun anymore go relax somewhere.. I prefer a nap in my room or by the pool.:thumbsup2

Or if you are a Disney Resort guest have it sent it your resort for pickup tomorrow.

I wasted a lot of time before going back and forth to shops where I thought I had spotted something that I later decided I wanted.

And if you change your mind about a purchase you have made, with your receipt it can be returned to any WDW store location including your resort!

Another YES for MEmory maker: the photographers catch so many shots before your actual meet and greet that would be missed if you were busy sidetracking the photographer with instructions on how to run your camera.

10.? If you are using WDW transportation know what you are doing:

A. Leave at least 1 hour before you need to be at your destination.
B. Have at least two ways to get to your destination, just in case.
C. Ask ahead of time about any schedule maintenance, like the monorail maintenance recently.

Getting lost in WDW can be fun, but not when you're headed to a rope drop or an ADR.

Be patient and tolerant with castmembers, especially when and if a problem arises. No, they're not perfect, but they try very hard to make sure you're having a wonderful (Magical) experience at WDW, and they put up with a LOT from rude, disrespectful guests (I know, I've seen it firsthand).

Besides, it's just easier being nice to people. :thumbsup2

Here's a few tips we try to remember:
1. Before you go to Disney grab those water packets like lemonade ice tea etc. Easy to carry in a pocket and great for the free water.
2If on the DP use the snack credit for breakfast. We usually will get a chocolate croissant or blueberry muffin or Danish.
3 Take a tide to go in your luggage so that if someone spills it won't stain if you're not doing your laundry until you get home.
4. If doing laundry while at Disney get the all in one laundry sheets that go in the wash and dryer. One product and easy to pack( no liquid). Also pack a roll of quarters in the luggage so when it's time to do laundry you won't have to search for change.
5. Each trip try something new and step back and take the time to do something most would pass by.

There are change machines in the laundry rooms so bring some 1$ bills they are lighter than carring around a tube of quarters.
If you decide to bring quarters you have to take them out of your carry on luggage and put them through the scanner other wise you will be pulled aside for by the TSA for a luggage search.

Asking for a cup of free ice water while in the parks is a huge savings.

And if you change your mind about a purchase you have made, with your receipt it can be returned to any WDW store location including your resort!

Another YES for MEmory maker: the photographers catch so many shots before your actual meet and greet that would be missed if you were busy sidetracking the photographer with instructions on how to run your camera.

This!!!! Some of my favorite photos were those taken by the photographer *before* we actually posed with the characters. When my DD's (ages 13 & 8 at the time) were meeting Mickey, Mickey started joking around with them and had them each in a loose choke hold -- the girls were laughing their heads off. The photographer caught the moment beautifully. And another time my son and his fiance were meeting with Tinkerbell. My son was wearing a shirt with a picture of an evil TV character on it. Tinkerbell looked at the shirt and said, "He's a very, very scary man. I don't like him." My son and his fiance started cracking up. The photographer caught an awesome shot of those two laughing while Tink was still making a "scared" face at the shirt. Those pictures alone made it worth the cost of Photopass Plus (now Memory Maker). The magic shots and ride photos were bonuses.

I'm assuming you stay off-site? For those who stay on-site, package delivery back to your resort is phenomenal. I'm a control freak (still don't let DME handle my luggage) so I was really apprehensive about letting my purchases be delivered, but we've never had an issue. We use it a lot.

My other tip would be to take a mid-day break. We're just two adults, so our first trip I didn't think we'd need to so I didn't plan it in. But we needed to. The combination of getting up early, the walking, the heat, gluttonous eating... we needed to relax for a bit every afternoon. Plus, it makes it easier to fit in pool time. And it gets you out of the park during the hottest/most crowded time of day. We'll use this break to shower (rather than trying to do it in the early morning) and then we're refreshed for dinner and a night in the parks. Its also much easier to build a mid-day break into your plans and then skip it because you don't need it, rather than to plan commando days and need to stop.

Another tip would be to study the menus for QS restaurants (in addition to TS ones). Jot down some QS locations that look appealing. On our first trip, I didn't think at all about QS locations and we often settled for the first one we stumbled on. Later, we'd pass one that looked nicer or had better options.

1. PLAN your trip out. Print your itinerary just in case and pack a second copy with ADRs
2. Bring a mobile - back up charger
3. Use the garden grocer to have waters, wine, snacks and on the go breakfast on hand in your room. They deliver to your resort who will store it until you arrive!
4. Do not bring new shoes! Sneakers or comfy supportive shoes a must! Bring band aids just in case... and peppermint foot cream to relieve your feet at night:)
5. For pixie dust...Buy souvenirs T-shirts and light up necklaces ahead of time to surprise the kids each day.
6. Get a Disney Visa- you'll love the perks including 0% financing for 6 months.
7. Talk to the cast members - they have lots of wisdom to share!
8. Don't wear your kids out- take breaks- you are on vacation
9. Put your contact info and phone # in your kids shoe or on a label for his/ her jackets
10. Have fun!

Drink a lot of WATER!!! Dehydration will bring down a trip,faster than anything.
Be flexible, not soo rigid. Cause things are gonna happen. Hopefully not, but u never know.
If ur not a the dining plan and r paying out of pocket,; check the Menu here or try allears.net--they usually have the most up to date menus/prices to help u plan where y'all might like to eat at the parks and/or different resorts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter