Disney ticket price increase?

AllisonG

<font color=CC66CC>Good thing the TF is multi-ling
From past experiences Disney usually raises prices in August or October. Do you think after last years price increase, will Disney raise ticket prices again this year?

Of course no one knows but Disney, but my guess is yes. And we can be grateful if they only raise them once. A couple years ago they raised them in January AND August.

I'm no expert on how the system works. But I do not see a price increase this year due to the recession. Nothing to back that up, just a shot in the dark. I would definitely think twice about the morale behind the company if they were to hike prices on the public during a recession when people are already struggling. I like Suze Orman's reference: "These would be the same type of people who would walk past a man already down & out... and swiftly give him a firm kick in the jaw."

I'm no expert on how the system works. But I do not see a price increase this year due to the recession.

That's exactly what was said by many here in 2009 and 2008.

Time will tell about 2010.

(Notice that even the PARKING LOT fee has gone up very recently to $14/day.)

Hey, Allison, good to see you. :wave2:

I agree with Selina, I would think an increase, same as in past years. 1999 price was $42 for a single day, single park. On through the market turndown of 2000-2003, the price increased to $52 in 2003. And in the recession of the past few years, the price increased from $71 in 2007 to $79 from August 2009.

http://allears.net/tix/tixpix10.htm

So I guess I should be buying my tickets sooner rather than later.....

I will use this thread as a tool to convince DH that's it's better to buy now - to save money!!

yeah, im not going to chance it. my trip is in september and i plan to buy my 10 day park hopper ticket as soon as possible! :thumbsup2

Maybe I was a little harsh to jump on the Disney-bash wagon if they do end up hiking prices this Aug. Their expenses are going up just like everyone else's, and they do offer discount packages to offset the ticket prices (dining plans, give-a-day, get-a-day). Still a good value for our family. Multi-day passes also reduce the individual day's cost, and so on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter