• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney-themed School Project Help Needed!!

Teen_Tinkerbell

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! Im from the UK and wonder wether you could help with my latest school project. In my design class I am aiming to create a Disney-themed cushion for parade spectators to sit on. It would be loads of help if you could answer all of the questions in the poll and then post to let me know what you think about my project! Thanks! xxx

1) Do you think WDW needs a cushion to sell to parade spectators to reduce the discomfort of sitting on the pavements before and during the parades?

2) What theme should this cushion be? ie. Character, Theme Park logo?

3) In your opinion would some people take offence at the idea of sitting on a cushin shaped as a character's head?

4) Do you think the cushion should have a handle to make it easier to transport? If yes - what style of handle would you prefer, e.g. shoulder or hand held.

5) Do youy think a plastic rain cover should be included with the cushion to prevent damage in wet weather?

Al comments posted will be greatly appriciated!! And any further ideas are welcome! Thanks to you all. xxx

How about it being just a "shell" so they could use it for jackets and sit on it filled with their own cushion? Or it could be a combo pack that has a rain poncho inside it. I like the shoulder handle idea.

I don't think it should be a characters head. It just doesn't seem right. :blush: I think the park's logo is a better/safer choice.

The cushion could have a coated cover (like laminated) that is waterproof.

These are few of my crazy opinions...good, bad or most probably UGLY!! :banana: :banana:

Good luck with your project Tink!

Our High School sells Cushions for the "Bleachers or Grandstands" your Bum can sure get cold and sore sitting on them. The cushions are square and are plastic covered (sort of like the material used on those flannelbacked tablecloths) They have a handle on one side to carry them. I like the shoulder strap idea myself! They are blue and gold with the school logo on them. I think they cost $15.00. I think I would like to see a 4 park logo on a Disney cushion. I think that would be better than a character. Sounds like a fun idea. Good Luck

Great idea and I think one side should have the words in VERY LARGE print that say "THIS SPOT TAKEN" so that if I do get up to stretch my legs after sitting on the curb for an hour, NO ONE TAKES MY SPOT!!! Better yet, have it say that in like 15 languages! LOL! Seriously, I like the idea of the park logo, with a shoulder strap and a good wearing fabric cover that I can either wipe off or zip off to clean.

lorilori said:
Great idea and I think one side should have the words in VERY LARGE print that say "THIS SPOT TAKEN" so that if I do get up to stretch my legs after sitting on the curb for an hour, NO ONE TAKES MY SPOT!!! Better yet, have it say that in like 15 languages! LOL! Seriously, I like the idea of the park logo, with a shoulder strap and a good wearing fabric cover that I can either wipe off or zip off to clean.
Plus you made me smile ,great reply. :goodvibes :earsboy: :wave2:

The idea of the cushions is a clever idea. I know the different parks have different parades, so what about theming the cushions to the different parades--just an idea. Also, definitely make the cushions waterproof. I would suggest using waterproof material on the cushion, though--no cover for it (one more thing to lug around). Personally, I think it is a cute idea to put it in the shape of a character's head--I would not take offense to it. And the handle would be great--easily accessible. Hope this helps, and good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter