• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney the week after Christmas

kmd1974

Earning My Ears
Hi. Me and my family are going to Disney World in February 2013, BUT we are planning a trip a trip for the week between Christmas and New Years (2013-2014). What I was wondering is, are the crowds really plenty? I know that now a days Disney is crowded whenever we go but this is so new to us. Normally go at the end of May before Memorial Day. Also, can anyone tell me if the run any specials that week? I haven't heard anything for that week so I was just wondering. (Looked at the past promos). Thanks in advance! Everyone have a MAGICAL DAY and MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :santa: :wizard:

The week between Christmas and New Year's is the busiest week of the year. I seriously doubt you'd find any deals because they certainly don't need them to fill rooms that week, and that's why they have deals - to fill rooms.

That week is "shoulder-to-shoulder, can't walk quickly anywhere" CRAZY! Never been, but have seen plenty of pictures. They say that you shouldn't plan to get on many rides, and be prepared to get up and moving early. Unless you did not have any other choice, you should avoid it. Just my opinion!

It will be crazy crowded. I have not been at that time either...I just cant take such crowd levels and I feel like Im not getting my money's worth:goodvibes, but I have seen some very scary pictures. If you go at that time be prepared for very long lines. I would get up and be at the parks before rope drop and get as many things done at those couple of golden hours as you can. Pick a few rides as must do's at each park and realize that you wont get everything done.
Dont expect discounts...instead expect high prices for resort stays as you pay "Holiday" pricing and even the restaurants bump up their prices!

It is beyond busy..Crowds and prices are at their peak, capacity closures a possibility and discounts and deals scarce if any

We have had multiple posts in the last few weeks regarding the week after Christmas. I am surprised more people do not realize it would be the busiest week all year.

1. Disney is the number one family destination.
2. Most schools, the only consistent holiday everyone has off is Christmas week.
3. Many manufacturing plants close down that week to do renovation work to their plants. While contractors are working, their own employees are off the entire week.
4. Many other employees save their vacation (like most of my office) to spend with their children while they are home from school.
5. DVC members, as well as others, choose destinations to spend Christmas week, because in our generation, children no longer stay home and live many states away. Disney is a great place for families to spend their holidays.

Resorts are booked months in advance, there is no reason to offer discounts aand you will in fact, pay top dollar for the year. Take a look at the difference in price in a package between the week before Thanksgiving and the actual week and you will realize the difference.

Hi. Me and my family are going to Disney World in February 2013, BUT we are planning a trip a trip for the week between Christmas and New Years (2013-2014). What I was wondering is, are the crowds really plenty? I know that now a days Disney is crowded whenever we go but this is so new to us. Normally go at the end of May before Memorial Day. Also, can anyone tell me if the run any specials that week? I haven't heard anything for that week so I was just wondering. (Looked at the past promos). Thanks in advance! Everyone have a MAGICAL DAY and MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :santa: :wizard:

We will be there and plan to have an amazing time. No specials..and yes it is crazy..but it is Disney World at Christmas time. A once in a lifetime chance for my family ::yes::

We have had multiple posts in the last few weeks regarding the week after Christmas. I am surprised more people do not realize it would be the busiest week all year.

1. Disney is the number one family destination.
2. Most schools, the only consistent holiday everyone has off is Christmas week.
3. Many manufacturing plants close down that week to do renovation work to their plants. While contractors are working, their own employees are off the entire week.
4. Many other employees save their vacation (like most of my office) to spend with their children while they are home from school.
5. DVC members, as well as others, choose destinations to spend Christmas week, because in our generation, children no longer stay home and live many states away. Disney is a great place for families to spend their holidays.

Resorts are booked months in advance, there is no reason to offer discounts aand you will in fact, pay top dollar for the year. Take a look at the difference in price in a package between the week before Thanksgiving and the actual week and you will realize the difference.

We will be there for Christmas and know what we are getting into. BUT..anyone we tell doesn't believe me when I say it is the busiest time of year..lol

We have been there every year the past 5 years during this time and let me say a couple of things. Yes it is packed, but I would argue it is not as jam packed as spring break. Maybe the holiday decorations put you in a better mood this time of year I dont know.

Honestly, use EMH or get up early. Head back to your resort in the afternoon and then return to a park in the evening refreshed. IT will be fine!!

We will be there for Christmas and know what we are getting into. BUT..anyone we tell doesn't believe me when I say it is the busiest time of year..lol

Two stories I have read here about this topic.

I have read years ago (maybe 70's :confused3) Xmas has the slowest week of the year as in more CM's than guests.

Skip ahead a few years.

In a recent "funniest comment thread", someone over heard someone else comment how busy it was in the summer and they should come back for Xmas since no one would be there.

I work with a Doctor who decided he was packing up his family last Christmas week and going to Disney, because " everyone would be home with their families celebrating the holiday and it would be empty in the parks"..needless to say he came back saying he never wanted to go back..I tried to tell him that is SO NOT the case..I think alot of people might think this though

Wendimn said:

Isn't that funny: it amazes now many people post here and expect ev eryone stays home. Really?????

I have been twice during the week between Christmas and New Years. Both times we were actually in Orlando for New Years Day college bowl games, but arrived day after Christmas to spend time at Disney. Yes, it is the most crowded and most expensive week of the year, but we absolutely loved it both times. There is just a 'magical feeling' that I can't describe.

We arrived at least 30 minutes before rope drop (which meant 6:30 for magic kingdom). But by noon we had hit all out favorites rides and could spend the rest of the day just looking and soaking in all the holiday spirit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter