Disney terminals

ShannonR

mickey's #1 fan
We are trying to decide on our next cruise. We have always cruised out of Port Canaveral. There is a cruise that fits our time frame, but it sails out of Miami. We LOVE the port at Canaveral......it's extremely Disney. What is the Disney port like in Miami?

We are trying to decide on our next cruise. We have always cruised out of Port Canaveral. There is a cruise that fits our time frame, but it sails out of Miami. We LOVE the port at Canaveral......it's extremely Disney. What is the Disney port like in Miami?

Never been to the Miami one, but Long Beach and San Diego are basically wherehouses that they put some Disney banners and signs up, itherwise it could just be any other cruise lines port. PC is their own port and definitely feels that way.

I haven't sailed DCL out of Miami but I've sailed Carnival there and they are huge, clean and organized. PC is the only port that is "Disneyfied."

It's not exclusively Disney as the terminals in Miami are all shared, but they do have the Disney flags up. There was someone greeting and directing wearing Mickey gloves. They do the best they can with generalized port agents (as opposed to port agents exclusively trained for Disney and the Disney way). They are nice terminals though.

The Miami terminal is smaller than PC but I felt it just as "easy" to navigate. It seemed a bit more chaotic because it was a bit smaller but it was just that. The boarding process is exactly the same but the walk onto the ship is a little different just from a logistical point. The walkway is a little longer if I remember but only marginally.
The one thing I will say is if you are driving to this port, do NOT park off site. It is not safe nor is it reliable. It is far better to pay the little extra and park in the port parking lot. It is extremely close to port entry (just across the street) and is covered. If you aren't driving, non issue. :-)

Miami is fine, we have sailed from there twice and it didn't feel much different than PC.

The port in San Diego though is a nightmare if there is also another boat boarding on the same day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter