Disney Summer Virtual Series 2021

I'm in for the challenge! Took about five minutes for my phone to pop up with the login (the last one I launched). I had to enter a lot of information manually, despite being logged in, so not sure what's up with that. As I was registering, the second window I opened on my computer refreshed to the login screen but I just closed it out. The first one I opened was still spinning.

Three devices: cell phone, iPad and desktop. Cell and iPad opened when link went live. Opened desktop after registration opened and got in through it first. Cell is still on Thank You for your patience screen.

I was registered by 10:05. I got in the queue(s) at 9:40 when it opened on chrome and edge on my laptop, and safari on my phone's LTE. Edge got me in the quickest for princess and star wars, so that was the one I watched the most closely, and it was the first one to get me to the actual registration page. The other 2 continued the spinning wheel of patience for another 10min before I remembered to close them (as in, they still had not gotten to the registration page, and all were opened within about a minute of eachother.)

do we think multiple screens/devices is helpful or hurtful?
I hit one chrome and one incognito chrome at 945 when things went live
another chrome and incognito chrome just after 10
than edge and safari 18 mins ago when the first person here said they got in and still spinning wheel of doom

I'm not sure, but I'd take one of those devices (not your first one) and maybe start over with that one, based on some other comments here of logging in now and getting in. I wonder if you got in the queue too early?

do we think multiple screens/devices is helpful or hurtful?
I hit one chrome and one incognito chrome at 945 when things went live
another chrome and incognito chrome just after 10
than edge and safari 18 mins ago when the first person here said they got in and still spinning wheel of doom

The theory is that your place in line is assigned randomly with each session, so the more sessions you have, the more chances you have to be assigned a closer place in line. But nobody really knows. (It's important to use different browsers or devices unless you're using incognito windows or some other trick to make sure different windows of the same browser aren't just duplicates of the original session.)

finally popped up on edge (the last browser I opened) when I was done i saw it popped up on my two classic chrome (the incognito and safari were still spinning)
in for challenge
PS if anyone in the waiting game was hoping for the classic simba medal that one by itself is sold out

finally popped up on edge (the last browser I opened) when I was done i saw it popped up on my two classic chrome (the incognito and safari were still spinning)
in for challenge
PS if anyone in the waiting game was hoping for the classic simba medal that one by itself is sold out

Yay! I'm glad you got in!

Snagged the Challenge registration for my husband and I. I had forgotten all about it being open for registration today until 9:58. It took my account about 19 minutes to get through, his took much longer so I just registered him under mine.

I've always wanted to do a runDisney race so I'm pretty excited that a Lion King themed one will be my first!

I don't think there's going to be a rush to bring back actual races when people are using three devices to pay for medals for running their usual routes. I'm not judging anyone, believe me, but if they can have people online the second this virtual stuff becomes available, there's very little incentive to bring back real races except to drive attendance at the parks which really won't be needed for the foreseeable future.

I realize people like to collect these medals but if people are willing to pay for that and fill out some paperwork, they can probably make some money with just virtual races. Hope I'm wrong, I would hope that the fact the summer stuff has been virtual all along is part of the demand and people wouldn't be crashing the servers to sign up for actual races that are converted ahead of time to virtual. Test coming maybe.

I don't think there's going to be a rush to bring back actual races when people are using three devices to pay for medals for running their usual routes. I'm not judging anyone, believe me, but if they can have people online the second this virtual stuff becomes available, there's very little incentive to bring back real races except to drive attendance at the parks which really won't be needed for the foreseeable future.

I realize people like to collect these medals but if people are willing to pay for that and fill out some paperwork, they can probably make some money with just virtual races. Hope I'm wrong, I would hope that the fact the summer stuff has been virtual all along is part of the demand and people wouldn't be crashing the servers to sign up for actual races that are converted ahead of time to virtual. Test coming maybe.

Disney makes soooooooo much more money off of people when they can get them on-property that I don’t think they’ll just switch everything to virtual. And people aren’t going to love a watered down experience for in-person races (even though we all know it’ll sell out in minutes.) I’m ok with them using virtual a to bridge the gap until we can do the real thing.

I got signed up as well. Went for the kinda crazy virtual challenge. It’ll definitely push me to get out and start walking more! Lol.

Maybe it also shows there is still a lot of demand for rundisney races even and that demend for in-person would be through the roof.

I'm eyeing Marathon Weekend (or possibly W&D) as potentially my next trip back and I don't think I'm the only one. A lot of people had race weekends cancelled and are waiting on the first one to open up again. All this says is that the virtual races are an easy way to make money.

I'm eyeing Marathon Weekend (or possibly W&D) as potentially my next trip back and I don't think I'm the only one. A lot of people had race weekends cancelled and are waiting on the first one to open up again. All this says is that the virtual races are an easy way to make money.
I booked for W&D months ago. Got a great rate at Swan Reserve 😀

The individual races are sold out, but the Challenge is still available.

Disney lost a LOT of money while the parks were closed. I have no doubt that they’re looking to restart every revenue stream as quickly as possible. Remember, not everyone who does a Disney race is a Golden Oaks resident or a DVC member. There are even some people who come to Disney who stay off properly (shocking, I know 😀)
I also wouldn’t be surprised to see the return of specially ticketed events, starting this fall, maybe around October 1. Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween, and a bunch of others!

Not sure if it is sold out or not, but from a business perspective I have no idea why any of these virtual races would ever be sold out. Like if more people want to get medals than their original cap, why not sell more medals. It is not like they ship them right away, it takes them months to ship them.

Joking, they could probably fund the construction update of Epcot with virtual runDisney medals, if they didn't cap them.

I completely agree. RunDisney is probably thinking this is the easiest money they can make without all the cost of running a real race. Why do in-person when you have virtual sell outs in an hour? It makes me incredibly sad because I so desperately am longing to run at the parks again. But each day that goes by without news and still a dicey situation with the virus, makes me more and more convinced it won’t be before 2023 (or 2022 W&D). :guilty:

But if virtual races sell out this quick, I’m terrified about the task of trying to sign up for a live race if they finally return. The demand is going to be out of control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter