• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney studios face painting

mickeymouseman89

Earning My Ears
Hi, I'm visited the park 5 years ago and I'm visiting this March and have a few questions about the face painting provided in the disney studios park. 1.Does the face painting run all year round or does it close certain months? 2.How much does it cost? 3.Do they do face painting for adults aswell? I would appreciate it if anybody could help. Also have another question: where do you pay for the face painting? Thanks. If anybody wants to share their experiences/ stories or considering getting their face painted, feel free to add to this topic.Cheers.

It was open in December in off-peak season so I'd imagine it's open all year round.

The had a load of different designs and the prices ranged from E8-12.

I presume they'd do adults but we didn't ask.

Most of the designs were very girly, there was only really a lion that would suit a lad.

I think they also do it outside auberge de cendrillon in the main park.

Cheers, thanks for the help. Think it was around 12 euros last time I visited. If anyone else can help I would be very thankful.

In November it was open, that's where my daughter had hers done so I'm sure it's all year round.

As Happy Tappy has said, it's 8-12 euros depending on the one you choose.

In July I saw loads of adults with their faces painted so that's not an issue :)

Thanks for the help everybody. I'll 23 when I go aswell.Now all I gotta do is convince my mum to get hers done aswell. Only 8 weeks to go now.

Thanks for the help everybody. I'll 23 when I go aswell.Now all I gotta do is convince my mum to get hers done aswell. Only 8 weeks to go now.

My eldest (5 at the time) had it done next to Cinderella's coach in the main park. I think it cost 10ish euro, but was quite possibly the most wonderful face painting I have ever seen. (And I've got 3 girls so know good face painting :) )
When we went back to the SL to go swimming about 3 hours later I almost cried as I was wiping her face with a wetwipe!

If anybody wants to share their face painting experiences/stories or considering getting their face painted.Feel free to add to this topic.I will be adding my experience after march. Also I have another question which is where do you pay for the face painting? Cheers everybody.

Cheers, looks like they don't do any designs for males which is quite bad. Unless they're all on the other side.Presuming there is another side to the board.

There were more options than that from what I remember, quite a few boys were having them done so there are more masculine ones :rotfl:

You pay for it in the shop, you tell them which one you want then they give you a receipt, you give to the person doing the face painting.

The one Chloe chose was 8 euros, think it was called starlight princess, or something like that, it's meant to be violet and pink but the woman asked her if she wanted to change the colour so it matched her dress which she did, this is what it looked like:

IMG_0469.jpg

I think they're lovely, I want one when we go next!

Thankyou.That's good that they do more designs(probably on the back).I think I remember where the shop inside the studios was. I can see why they charge quite a bit for it because it's very professionaly done.

Cheers, looks like they don't do any designs for males which is quite bad. Unless they're all on the other side.Presuming there is another side to the board.

There are defiantly more girls than boys designs, but there are a few, my nephew had a tiger done and it was brilliant, from memory there was also a crocodile and a monster, he had it done in the studios and you had to pay in one of the shops and then take the voucher to them. You have to choose what you want before you pay, as the voucher had the name of which design you wanted.

Thanks, good to hear that they have some designs for males. Face painting has been added onto the things to do list.I'll probably get a tiger done or something similar if they have any other wild cats.Mum's gonna join me aswell possibly depending on whether she sees something she likes.

Hi, does anybody know what the queue is normally like or whether it gets busy at certain times? Also does anybody know how long it usually takes to get done? Thanks in advance. Also feel free to share your stories. Cheers.

My DD had hers done in Fantasy Land rather than the Studios and the queues were always pretty massive and as the face painting is quite detailed you can be waiting quite a while. We hatched a plan one day and went in EMH, bought the token from the shop, went on a few rides and were there before they opened at 10am.

You're right, the other side of the board features all of the boys options. I know know this because my little girl got a boy option! She always goes for the same thing when she gets her face painted - a tiger!!

I would attach a piccy but I don't know how :confused3 I'm stoopid!

Thankyou.That sounds like a good idea buying the token during emh and then getting there early. I think the plan might be to buy the token early, go on the rides and then queue up before it opens.Or we might do it after it opens up again after lunch.Assuming they do close for lunch.Also I don't i don't know how to post attachments either.Sorry

upload your photo from your computer to an image-sharing site (i use photobucket) then copy the img link on the photo into your post here :).

Thanks, i'll remember that for the future. Does anybody know if a member of your family can take photos/videos while you're getting your face painted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter