• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Store Closing?????

C

Cinbride

Someone just told me that the Disney Store would be closing and that you could only get things online and through the catalog. I find that a little hard to believe.

As a TDS CM I have heard nothing in reference to ALL the stores closing. They are closing SOME of the stores that aren't doing well, too high rent etc...But I have found that most guests who are panicked by the thought of all TDS closing, were confusing TDS with Warner Bros. Stores. They announced the closing of all the stores shortly before Christmas '00.

Actually they are working on remodeling a lot of the original stores to the new HIGH tech design! You can shop on line there at the stores, check out new music/dvd's, and book your Disney Vacation on-line. They have opened some on the west coast and from what I've heard they have been pretty successful.

Hope this helps you out.

I really doubt TDS will be closing all its stores anytime soon, since they just recently debuted the new style stores. However, my TDS closed recently without much notice (I didnt even know until it was closed!!). Also, the WB store in my store is closing. I don't know why all these stores are closing...Recently closed in my mall are the Colorado Pen Co., Garden Botanika, The Nature Co, etc etc...

Could be 'cuz my mall's turning all snooty. Walt Whitman Mall on Long Island, NY...Recently opened: Saks 5th, Coach, Legal Seafoods, Banana Republic (old store, just greatly expanded), Brooks Brothers, abercrombie kids, etc etc...small mall but expensive stores.

Staff at the WB store at The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace say that WB store is closing in October.

Literature from the Ron Lee Gallery in Henderson, NV says they are no longer making WB-licensed products; without the WB stores evidently they can't sell them.

The Disney Gallery at The Fashion Show mall shut down when that mall began its renovation; haven't heard of its status once the re-do is finished.

The reason Disney is paring down its Disney Store division is simple, really... They aren't making enough money. Both the re-vamp and the store closures are part of a larger plan to make the retail division more profitable. They are also working on the product line - you may have noticed some changes in the merchandise lately.

Sarangel

Let's face it - TDS (one of my former favborites) has gotten stale.

When TDS first opened, the concept was new. There wasn;t one in every mall. You needed to GO to a Disney Store - now it's like the Gap - it's there everywhere you look.

Spago - Walt Whitman is also my mall (I think the new mix of stores is great). and TDS closing there surprised and saddened me too. Then I realized there are at least 3 more withint a half hour from me - so maybe there are just too many.

I wouldn't mind seeing fewer stores if they can get the excitment back.

Just MHO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter