Disney Store Burlington Mass Closing !

Heh...I grew up in Saugus too...all we had was the New England Shopping Center (I even worked at a couple places there)...had to go to Danvers or Burlington if you wanted an actual mall...

Now Saugus has a mall, and all the old malls are rebuilt to be even bigger...

I'm closer to Nashua now, so I can still hit a Disney Store if I want...and tax free to boot...

Yea the saugus mall isn't all that great... i work near the north shore mall and they are rebuilding it BIG time but no disney store :sad1: I'm just going to have to go to Nashua from now on.

so sorry your stores are closing! I work at the TDS just for fun money and to pay for my kids sports stuff I would hate for my store to close but I will be fine my mangers however need their jobs!! Fingers crossed mine stays open!

Does anyone know if the store in Gaithersburg, MD - Lakeforest will stay open? Please say they'll stay open!

TDS at Northgate Mall, Cincinnati, OH closed on MLK day in January.

I know this is a little late in the conversation, but I was the Asst. Manager at TDS at Northgate Mall. I terribly miss my CM's and my Guests! I loved my job, and I hope the best for any of my CM's that may be on here.

I am not sure what is going to happen around here with the Disney buy back, but I do know that the Tri-County location was not doing so well before..

Just to add to this the Lansing, MI - Lansing Mall Store Cast Members have told us that they are closing on March 9. Absoulutely bummed about this...:mad:

I just found out tonight that this store was closed. I was so bummed! I needed a Disney fix while I was down here for business.

It's Baaaaaaack !!!

From the Disney site:

Join us on August 18th and celebrate our new store opening in Burlington, MA!
FREE gift to first 200 Guests.
Plus FREE Mickey Mouse Ears with any purchase (while supplies last)
Our new store is located on the Lower Level near Sears.

:cool1::yay:

When i was at the burlington mall last week the location of where is going to be looks like it will be a very large store! I will actually be around aug 18 so i may go for opening and try and get a free gift :thumbsup2
i agree with the PP the nashua location is fine but it would be nice to have a bigger store

Yeppers, Just received an email stating they will be reopening their store at the Burlington Mall, below is the image of the message I received:

disneystoreburlingtonma.jpg

I wonder if this will be at the old location where it was orignally located near Sears, If you where facing Sears they where right there on the right and it was a pretty large store before the lease ran out. Then they had to move to that really small location before shutting down...Now that they are back under the Disney umbrella I am glad they decided to put a store back in this mall as its definitely one of the busier ones around. Also, All the other Disney stores where like 30-45 minutes away, so glad I have one closer once again. I will probably head over there also at some point during the opening and take some pictures of the store, hopefully they have all the character molds they use to have, loved the old store design.

Yeppers, Just received an email stating they will be reopening their store at the Burlington Mall, below is the image of the message I received:

disneystoreburlingtonma.jpg

I wonder if this will be at the old location where it was orignally located near Sears, If you where facing Sears they where right there on the right and it was a pretty large store before the lease ran out. Then they had to move to that really small location before shutting down...Now that they are back under the Disney umbrella I am glad they decided to put a store back in this mall as its definitely one of the busier ones around. Also, All the other Disney stores where like 30-45 minutes away, so glad I have one closer once again. I will probably head over there also at some point during the opening and take some pictures of the store, hopefully they have all the character molds they use to have, loved the old store design.

it actually wasn't originally located there. It was upstairs where gymboree is. I was part of the crew that moved it into the downstairs location (I worked at nashua at the time) and I ended up transferring down there when I changed colleges. I was at the mall a couple weeks ago and got this email and was wondering where it was going to be....

I'm also very glad they are reopening in Burlington!! I was bummed when they closed it.

it is on the opposite side from the brigands ice cream/restaurant under where the lego store is

It's Baaaaaaack !!!

From the Disney site:

Join us on August 18th and celebrate our new store opening in Burlington, MA!
FREE gift to first 200 Guests.
Plus FREE Mickey Mouse Ears with any purchase (while supplies last)
Our new store is located on the Lower Level near Sears.

:cool1::yay:

Thank you so much for posting this! I haven't been up to the Burlington Mall for quite a while, so I had no idea. :yay:

TiggerStac said:
it actually wasn't originally located there. It was upstairs where gymboree is. I was part of the crew that moved it into the downstairs location (I worked at nashua at the time) and I ended up transferring down there when I changed colleges. I was at the mall a couple weeks ago and got this email and was wondering where it was going to be....

I'm also very glad they are reopening in Burlington!! I was bummed when they closed it.

Wow, I have been a Massachusetts resident my entire life, and have been going to the Burlington Mall pretty much since it has been built. I never knew the original location was upstairs, and if I did I don't remember it being there at all. Thanks for this information...

JCTigger said:
it is on the opposite side from the brigands ice cream/restaurant under where the lego store is

Thanks for this information, So its pretty much right next door to Sears, almost like they are connected to each other :) Now I can go for a Brigham's ice cream and shoot right over to the Disney Store, then go up stairs to the lego store and over to Godiva for some chocolate before going home :thumbsup2 Thanks for the information and looking forward to going over there next week when they open.

The Children's Place no longer owns or operates the Disney stores. They were bought back on May 1, 2008 and are operated by Disney consumer products. It was announced that the brand was too diluted (which I agree with) and the number of stores would be shrunk.

When the stores first opened they were sparse and were almost like a destination in themselves. Then, after they were sold to CP they started opening all over the place. They were no longer destinations that you went to occasionally for good products and became commodity stores full of the same stuff. I remember the one store we had in Northeast Ohio used to have cells and limited edition art. Then we ended up with one at almost every mall selling nothing other than kids clothes, stuffed animals, and some random toys.

I hope the stores go back to the way they were back in the late 90's.

The Children's Place no longer owns or operates the Disney stores. They were bought back on May 1, 2008 and are operated by Disney consumer products. It was announced that the brand was too diluted (which I agree with) and the number of stores would be shrunk.

When the stores first opened they were sparse and were almost like a destination in themselves. Then, after they were sold to CP they started opening all over the place. They were no longer destinations that you went to occasionally for good products and became commodity stores full of the same stuff. I remember the one store we had in Northeast Ohio used to have cells and limited edition art. Then we ended up with one at almost every mall selling nothing other than kids clothes, stuffed animals, and some random toys.

I hope the stores go back to the way they were back in the late 90's.

I would love for them to go back to this set up!! I miss the collectibles section of the stores!! I have a lot of cels and WDCC around my house. Checking out the new stuff when we are in Orlando...not enough for me. But I guess it is saving me $$ :rotfl:

I would love for them to go back to this set up!! I miss the collectibles section of the stores!! I have a lot of cels and WDCC around my house. Checking out the new stuff when we are in Orlando...not enough for me. But I guess it is saving me $$ :rotfl:

Yeah I really miss the collectables store that was in Natick near the Natick mall theres like a bins or something store there now and a Ben and Jerry's
I LOVED to go and look around there

Yeah I really miss the collectables store that was in Natick near the Natick mall theres like a bins or something store there now and a Ben and Jerry's

Going off topic for a sec...I work right near there in Framingham and went to that Ben an Jerry's during lunch TODAY :goodvibes

That Store was the best! Now a container store... booooring!

Going off topic for a sec...I work right near there in Framingham and went to that Ben an Jerry's during lunch TODAY :goodvibes

I live in the area too! I heard that they're putting a Disney Store in the Natick Mall... I have no idea when it's supposed to be opening or anything, but it's on the mall's website!

I live in the area too! I heard that they're putting a Disney Store in the Natick Mall... I have no idea when it's supposed to be opening or anything, but it's on the mall's website!

The "Natick Collection" as it's now known is gigantic - and has quite a few empty locations. And speaking of unorthodox layouts...Burlington is positively normal in comparison...following a map it looked like we needed to take a turn somewhere that there wasn't one...

Rumor is 13 Stores will be closing as well as some Childrens place locations! Anybody else hear of any other stores. Childrens place screwed thing up more than Disney did!

The Children's Place does not own, or run the Disney Store's any longer. Disney took ownership back June, 2008. Children's Place was faced with Bankruptcy because of the burden of having to remodel the stores to the agreed upon Disney way, and leases that they were saddled with were way to too expensive and lengthy to continue. So if you have a problem you need to voice your Opinion to the Disney Stores not the Children's Place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter