Disney Store at the Georgia Mall

Chuck65

DIS Veteran
Need some help fellow DIS'ers. I am planning on taking my kids to the Disney Store at the Georgia Mall this Saturday. We used to have one closer to my home but that store closed several years ago, so this is now the closest one. My questions are:

1) How big is the store?
2) What kind of merchandise can I expect to find?

TIA for your help.

Oh yeah, the kids know NOTHING about this so, Shhhhhhhhhhh!

ilt's sort of a let down. the last time i went to the Disney store there i was just a lot of little kids clothes with a few toys here and there. and nothing for the adults. it's more like an outlet store then a true representation.

of course i'm a bit picky since i live 2 miles from any disney resort.

I live 10 minutes away from the Mall of Georgia, and I shop in the Disney store fairly often.

I would describe the store as medium sized. The merchandise varies--various stuffed animals, toys and toy sets, assorted princess merchandise, pajamas, t-shirts, book bags, etc. I think almost all the well known characters and movies are represented in some way.

There is a lot of neat Disney stuff--I'm sure your kids will enjoy it.

Lee

I was at a Disney sotre this past weekend not the Mall of GA but one in GA close by and they were having a huge sale. 40% off clearance! If you luck up on that, you'll be like a kid in a candy store!! They have a lot of stuff that's on the website now.

Thanks for the replies. One other thing I thought of is pins and/or pin sets. Are these available at the Disney Store?

they have pins, they are just a lot smaller then the ones in the parks.

Yes, they have pins! The pins that have just come out are full sized pins like you would find at the parks, not just the mini pins that they have been releasing in small sets over the past couple of years.

See some of the newest releases here....
http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?page=14&sid=8699.1192637652.v2

My usual TDS is at Gwinnett Place Mall. I have found that they are releasing more adult clothing and home decor stuff over the past 6 to 9 months, which is very nice to see! Maggie

Honestly, you'd be better off going to the Disney Store at Gwinnett Place. I'm sure they have the same things but Gwinnett Place is, in my opinion, a better mall. Not as "hoity-toity" as the Mall of Georgia. I'm eight miles north of the Mall of Georgia right off of I85. Gwinnett Mall in down I85 off Pleasant Hill (exit 105? something like that - 10-something). In between, you can stop at Discover Mills - no Disney Store but nice bargains. That's on I85 off Duluth Highway. Northeast Atlanta metro area likes to shop - three good malls within ten miles of each other. They are just as bad as Wal Mart.

Oh - and if you go to Mall of Georgia, park over by JC Penney next to the parking garage. Not in the garage but next to it. Enter the JC Penney doors, turn right and then a left at the Men's Sporting Goods clothes and then out the exit. The Disney Store will be a few stores to your left. It's almost never crowded over in that parking area (except at Christmas) and it's easier to get to the Disney Store. The food court is just beyond the Disney Store.

If the store in the Georgia mall has only things for children then it is not a true Disney Store. The stores in malls are owned by children's place and really only carry children's clothing, costumes and some other items. I do not shop in these stores because they don't have anything that interests me (my children are in their 20s).

There is an actual Disney Store (World of Disney - owned and operated by Disney) in Manhattan on Fifth Ave. You can find housewares, pins, clothing, decorations, costumes, toys, collectables, etc. there. I'm not sure if there are any more of these stores but you might want to give Disney a call to find out.

If the store in the Georgia mall has only things for children then it is not a true Disney Store. The stores in malls are owned by children's place and really only carry children's clothing, costumes and some other items. I do not shop in these stores because they don't have anything that interests me (my children are in their 20s).

There is an actual Disney Store (World of Disney - owned and operated by Disney) in Manhattan on Fifth Ave. You can find housewares, pins, clothing, decorations, costumes, toys, collectables, etc. there. I'm not sure if there are any more of these stores but you might want to give Disney a call to find out.

The Disney Stores are just that - really for real Disney Stores. Not owned by Disney any longer - but Disney Stores nonetheless. They do carry more than children's merchandise. Not much of it - but they do have some adult clothes. They had some neat Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise (plates, halloween costumes, clothing) the last time I went to the one in Buffalo. They also sell Walt Disney World admission (including annual passes) and Disney media including a limited selection of books, DVDs and CDs.

There are only 3 World of Disney locations. 5th Avenue, and Downtown Disney - both Walt Disney World and Disneyland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter