Disney stopped selling toy guns

Anyone ever think that some psycho could use a 3d printer and make a real gun that looks like a fake plastic Disney gun? And maybe Disney heard about it, somehow, that this was planned 9or a credible threat) and actually did soemthing logical about it?

Such a weapon would be unlikely to survive more than one shot before it fell apart. I don't think that has any bearing on the decision here.

I bought one of those pirate pistols in Downtown Disney for my son back in 2006. It was not very realistic looking and when he was running around on the Port Orleans property I don't recall anyone "freaking out". I didn't notice anyone dive for cover or call for security to subdue my 7 year old. Its funny how things can change in such a short amount of time... I guess we can all FEEL safer on our next trip.

I don't think the ban has anything to do with 7 year olds - it has to do with a real situation, in a park, with lots of people, and some of them have toy guns. Police/security have to make split second decisions, and having to decide if it's a toy gun or a real one is a life or death decision.

Such a weapon would be unlikely to survive more than one shot before it fell apart. I don't think that has any bearing on the decision here.

But if there was a real gun with a fake, silly looking covering, even if the covering fell apart, the real gun would not.

Won't everyone notice the adult in costume, trying unsuccessfully to blend into the crowd?

pancakeday2015-15.jpg
not if it is a Halloween party and half the crowd is in costumes

Yes because the guns at POTC looked so real.:smooth:
If Disney really wanted to make a statement, none of their movies, books, or attractions would have guns in them. Pulling guns from the shops is a very weak effort. So glad we were able to sell both of our DVC contracts. Can't stand when a business thinks they know what is best for me. Yes, I know it's their right. It's also my right to go elsewhere.

as opposed to the adult dressed in mickey ears, disney t shirt and shorts that blends into the crowd at disney?

or gets their hands on some CM costumes and blends in? or is a CM?
I am talking about someone who comes in a costume with robes or other parts of the costume that have been designed to hide an automatic weapon. It would be a lot easier to catch a gun if it is concealed in shorts and a t shirt. I am talking about extreme people who came with the idea to kill a lot of people. Personally I will give up wearing a costume any day if it helps Disney stop an attack from some group with terrorism on their minds.

But seriously people were talking about guns that blow bubbles are see through and light up! I'd like to think our security could tell the difference.....
I love disney been going for 27yrs but this is just simply ridiculous.

Ever since my dear sweet 2 year old *bit a "blaster" shape into a piece of toast he was eating*

Does your son know mine? He does the same thing!

What a very sexist thing to say...I think there are plenty of other souvenirs for boys - AND girls.

I don't think she was trying to be sexist in any way here. However I can share my own view with you. I have one girl (oldest) and 3 boys. They are 4, 3, 1, and 3 months. We don't watch a lot of movies or tv, and have never seen a movie where anyone shoots anyone, though there have been many sword fights and the occasional Andy Griffith episode where Barney pulls out his "shooter" as my son likes to say. With that said, my daughter has never expressed the least bit of interest in guns. My 3 year old son, has always wanted a toy gun...literally from the moment he saw one. He has always gone around with anything gun shaped calling it a shooter. My 1 (almost 2) year old has started doing the same. They have their own toys guns and love to play with them...but they also pick up sticks that are bent or anything in an "L" shape and call it a shooter. Personal experience here, and among other areas in my life, dictate that boys are MUCH MORE LIKELY to be interested in playing with guns than girls.

My daughter? She's always been interested in playing with dolls, being the mom...something she naturally did on her own without prompting from her mom or me. She always tried to drag my son into playing with said dolls from the moment he could hold one. He has no interest. Again, not through any prompting from us. It's only current culture that calls it sexist to let boys be boys and girls be girls. Yes...some girls are into what are mostly boy things. And some boys are into what are mostly girl things. It still does not make it sexist to define things like this. There are natural, and perhaps even instinctive, tendencies that exist in both sexes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter