Disney Springs that do not need reservations?

scooz2

Earning My Ears
Are there any restaurants in Disney Springs that you do not really need a reservation for now? Looking for table service, but will settle for quick service if we have to. We will be in Orlando just for 2 nights next week and thought we would venture down to Disney Springs to eat out. Thank you!

I can't remember specifically which restaurants, but several times last week we checked for reservations via MDE fairly late in the afternoon, and there was always something available at DS. If you decide on QS, I'd recommend Polite Pig.

The Quick Service ones like D Luxe Burgers, Blaze Pizza, Polite Pig, Earl of Sandwich don’t need reservations. You can also use open table instead of Disney MDE to make table service reservations without the 10 bucks no show penalty.

I haven't found one yet that doesn't take walk-ups, though some have longer waits than others due to popularity or size.

We have been seated immediately or within 10 minutes of walking up at Boathouse, Homecoming, City Works, Wolfgang Pucks, STK, Morimoto, and House of Blues all in the last year (Wolfgang was yesterday, actually!).

If I know ahead of time I want to eat someplace in particular, I grab a reservation (usually on open table or calling restaurant directly) but never hesitate to just wander up.

Thanks all! I didn't know Open Table worked there! 🙃

I just used OpenTable for my upcoming trip. It’s a great way to set up reservations when some people in your party want to go somewhere else. Not all the Disney restaurants are on OpenTable. It comes in handy for those last minute dinner reservations. But then again you still can find some last minute ADRs when you’re at Walt Disney World.

Open Table doesn't work for all of them though.. Homecoming doesn't use it.

You can also use open table instead of Disney MDE to make table service reservations without the 10 bucks no show penalty.
It used to be that way, but OpenTable now also has the $10 no-show penalty. So as with Disney, you need to cancel at least a day ahead if you can't make it. OpenTable still has the advantage that it often has reservations available when Disney does not.

It used to be that way, but OpenTable now also has the $10 no-show penalty. So as with Disney, you need to cancel at least a day ahead if you can't make it. OpenTable still has the advantage that it often has reservations available when Disney does not.

Is this just for Disney restaurants or in Orlando? I recently canceled an Open Table reservation an hour before the meal without penalty in my home time. Thanks

You can often make same day TS reservations for several Disney Springs restaurants. City Works, Observatory at Planet Hollywood, and Wolfgang Puck had evening availability for dinner when we checked late afternoon on our last trip. We ate at all three and would return to any of them. I'm sure they'd probably seat you as a walk-up too, assuming they had reservation availability. We tried as walk-ups to Raglan Road before and were quoted an hour wait, which would be acceptable sometimes for us but wasn't at that time. We've also had luck as walk-ups at T-Rex.

FWIW, it will be easier as a walk-up or to obtain a same-day reservation if you go on a week day.

We had success getting a dinner reservation for Raglan Road via Open Table in early June on a day when there was nothing available via MDE, so apparently that happens sometimes.

We had success getting a dinner reservation for Raglan Road via Open Table in early June on a day when there was nothing available via MDE, so apparently that happens sometimes.
Yes, I think the non-Disney restaurants in DS release only a minority of their tables to MDE. I prefer to book them via Open Table - much easier to modify or cancel when necessary. I enter the information into MDE as a Note.

That’s not 100% accurate about Open Table charging $10 per person. I live in the Orlando area. It’s select restaurants that use credit card holds. Kobe is one place I know that does. I booked Il Mulino at the Swan last week with no credit card hold. We ate there on Friday. This afternoon I booked a restaurant for Saturday night in my town and there was no credit card hold.

That’s not 100% accurate about Open Table charging $10 per person. I live in the Orlando area. It’s select restaurants that use credit card holds. Kobe is one place I know that does. I booked Il Mulino at the Swan last week with no credit card hold. We ate there on Friday. This afternoon I booked a restaurant for Saturday night in my town and there was no credit card hold.
I agree - there are only a few restaurants on Open Table that place a hold. We made several reservations via OT, both at DS and elsewhere in the Orlando area, during our June 4-11 trip and didn’t have any holds placed.

Is this just for Disney restaurants or in Orlando? I recently canceled an Open Table reservation an hour before the meal without penalty in my home time. Thanks

I've only seen it for Raglan Road.

I currently have a reservation for Boathouse made a while ago and I have received no notification of them adding a penalty - meaning they have not asked me for a card. So there is no way they could charge me.

Yea I’ve just recently booked about 4 or 5 table service ADRs in Disney Springs with Opentable. None of them required a CC for me. Morimoto, Wine Bar George, The Edison and Boathouse if I remember correctly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter