Disney Springs New Resort TV Preview Channel in HD

There haven't seemed to be many new announcements since early last spring...

Have they lost steam with procuring tenants?
That's a good question. I hope not. The construction project certainly is huge. It's amazing to drive by on Buena Vista Drive and see the scale of the project. I didn't even realize that they were adding so many new buildings.

On one of the more recent dis unplugged podcasts, they were talking about a recent tour that they were given at Disney Springs. They were told that all of the tenant spaces are reserved/sold. It is now a matter of introducing them and when as this construction project has been so long and arduous. The one thing that interested me was when they mentioned that the area around the Planet Hollywood restaurant (which will become the Planet Hollywood Observatory) is going to be a place where a world's fair was once held. I will be interested to see how that is accomplished.

On one of the more recent dis unplugged podcasts, they were talking about a recent tour that they were given at Disney Springs. They were told that all of the tenant spaces are reserved/sold. It is now a matter of introducing them and when as this construction project has been so long and arduous. The one thing that interested me was when they mentioned that the area around the Planet Hollywood restaurant (which will become the Planet Hollywood Observatory) is going to be a place where a world's fair was once held. I will be interested to see how that is accomplished.

I would suggest they may be tapping the Jules Verne/Paris exposition type feel that they used to good success at Euro

Vive la liberte...by the way :(

That's good info! Thank you for sharing. I'm glad to hear that they have all tenant spaces reserved. Do you know if Planet Hollywood will continue to be a restaurant? What is the observatory? I heard a little about it the other day, but I wasn't sure what they were planning.

That's a good question. I hope not. The construction project certainly is huge. It's amazing to drive by on Buena Vista Drive and see the scale of the project. I didn't even realize that they were adding so many new buildings.

I fear the Edison venue isn't looking hopeful. They seemed to be going full steam ahead then it suddenly stopped quite a few weeks ago now and nothing since.

That's good info! Thank you for sharing. I'm glad to hear that they have all tenant spaces reserved. Do you know if Planet Hollywood will continue to be a restaurant? What is the observatory? I heard a little about it the other day, but I wasn't sure what they were planning.
Yes Planet Hollywood will still be a restaurant and will still be operated as a planet Hollywood restaurant. Just a new theme and decor.

I fear the Edison venue isn't looking hopeful. They seemed to be going full steam ahead then it suddenly stopped quite a few weeks ago now and nothing since.
As far as I know the Edison is still supposed to happen but it seems it has been delayed for some reason.

As far as I know the Edison is still supposed to happen but it seems it has been delayed for some reason.
I noticed that too. I'm hoping to get over to Disney Springs next week and get another video update. I want to get some video from the newly opened pedestrian bridge too.

I think the New York one actually closed and some band of fools came in and reopened it.

They had something like 600? Worldwide at somepoint...

And the headquarters was off of 528 by sea world

It is being refurbed to look like an old astronomy observatory that has been converted into a restaurant. It will have multiple levels for eating, as well as an outside deck. We never ate there before because the reviews were never that good. But the menu is changing so that is at least something. There will still be hollywood memorabilia there.

It is being refurbed to look like an old astronomy observatory that has been converted into a restaurant. It will have multiple levels for eating, as well as an outside deck. We never ate there before because the reviews were never that good. But the menu is changing so that is at least something. There will still be hollywood memorabilia there.
Also a live band is supposed to play inside

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter