Disney Springs crazy!

Yeah, I'm just gonna go ahead and avoid DS on my June trip.... I do want to try Gideon's at some point, but now is not the time.

We were there this past Saturday. Had an 6pm ADR. Went much earlier than planned due to weather not being good to swim. It was crowded. What surprised me is that when we left around 7 after dinner the lime parking garage was very empty but yet we saw the signs saying the garages were closed and DS was at capacity. We have ADR for 6 tonight and I’m trying to figure out how early I need to arrive to get a parking spot. Don’t really want to go early since we’ve already seen it all. Hoping a Tuesday night won’t be as bad.

This is the product of limited park hours and limited park hopping. When we were there in October, I think we visited DS four times during our week long stay - on a trip during "normal" times we may visit once or twice. We noticed the up-tick in crowd levels too, but didn't feel unsafe. The crowds of people coupled with limited capacities meant for lines to get into stores, lines for food, no seating... that was the part that made it frustrating. I definitely agree to avoid weekend days to help with that, in addition to safety reasons.

I don’t get it.

People are upset if they see someone without a mask 20 feet away from them outside at DS.

People have no problem sitting in a restaurant 6 feet away from other unmasked persons. As if eating magically reduces the threat of contracting Covid.

Yes, the rules are you need to wear a mask. People break rules all the time. They did before the Covid times and they’ll continue to do it after.

If it’s that upsetting to see someone maskless outside, stay away from them. You can’t control other persons behavior but you can control your own.
Totally agree with you.

We were there in April and DS definitely was crowded the evening we were there. Most people we saw were wearing masks and we never felt unsafe there.
Long lines to get into several businesses just seemed weird. It was nice having fewer people in the World of Disney store. Much easier to get around and find what you were looking for.

DH and I were at DS tonight! Crazy mayhem!! So many people! When we left, police were blocking all entrances. Signs all said at capacity! First place at Disneyworld I haven't felt safe since getting here Tuesday. Everywhere else was fine. Restaurants are very distanced between tables, most lines are safe.
Yikes! If I did not feel safe, I would not be out. I think moving forward all venues are going to be crowded. Folks are getting vaccinated, mask rules are being eliminated or adjusted, and distancing is being eliminated or adjusted. People have been shut down and are on the move to travel and enjoy life again. Yeah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter