Disney spring double tree

dmhgolfer1903

Mouseketeer
Which is better b resort or double tree both on Disney springs area
Looks like they share the same parking lot
Both locations same room type and be king bed suite
Had b resort set for next week but so many poor reviews about dirty and mold and smells recently so I was thinking changing to double tree real fast
Price is same
Modern furniture is not an issue more interested in the couch sleeper bed and shower pressure ac units. Kinda stuff
Won’t even use the pools

Which is better b resort or double tree both on Disney springs area
Looks like they share the same parking lot
Both locations same room type and be king bed suite
Had b resort set for next week but so many poor reviews about dirty and mold and smells recently so I was thinking changing to double tree real fast
Price is same
Modern furniture is not an issue more interested in the couch sleeper bed and shower pressure ac units. Kinda stuff
Won’t even use the pools

They do not sharing a parking lot and I think there is a gate in between them just for the buses.

I have stayed at both many times but not in the last 5 years so I can't help you with condition at either one. I will say all my stays at B Resort were fine even when others said they had horrible stays. Can't help with your specific questions hopefully someone who has been recently will pop on for you.

When calculating price remember resort fees and parking fees if you have a car. I think there is a difference in what they charge.

I do also. But there are so few on the double tree and none that I see for a king bed ? And if there is any they are so old

I have reservations at the Doubletree for the fall. Never been, but I research and research and keep coming back to it as the right place for us. I did find a fair number of newer video reviews. You never know if these are 100% legit, but it was still nice to see the place:

I also generally find Oyster helpful for reviews.

https://www.oyster.com/orlando/hote...by-hilton-orlando-disney-springs-area/photos/

Lastly, though I consider absolutely any hotel review sites online to be fishy and unreliable, I often look at Google reviews and sort by "recent." You'll get wildly different reviews, but do that for a couple of weeks and you'll get a good sense of what type of reviews people are putting in on a day-to-day basis - kind of the vibe of things. You'll always get drastically different views in any hotel.

Another rule of thumb is to pay close attention to people's expectations. I'm a huge audio nut, and some high-end audio gear gets terrible reviews while absolute junk gets 5-star reviews. In large part, it's due to expectations. The high-end listeners are super fussy and complain endlessly about relatively minor defects, whereas the average consumer could care less. If they can hear sounds, it's 5 stars.

So with hotels, pay close attention to whether "dated" means "dirty, grim, and worn down" or "dated" means "I'm used to 5-star Hilton's with the latest amenities and I feel insulted that the sparkling clean and spacious room has last year's color scheme and the flat screen TV is not an OLED."

Final tip - when you look at a site like TripAdvisor, if one of the reviews is particularly compelling (i.e. bad or good) look at the user's history of reviews. That will help you decide if the review is legit (and not a plant by either the hotel itself or an adversary - they do that) and if the person is sane. A person with 3 reviews, all in the Orlando area, and all complaining about how bad all the resorts are near B smells a lot like B trying to cut down the competition. (I'm not saying B does that, just an example of what you see sometimes, though more likely overseas.) Similarly, if it's a person with 50 reviews and 90% are negative, that tells you something or if they almost always review 5-star hotels and then dis the Doubletree, that tells you something.

A perfect reviewer, IMO, is someone who has a pretty normal pattern of reviews - 20+ reviews over a number of years and locations with a mix of high and low scores from properties similar to the one I'm looking at. That's more trustworthy in my book.

Oh, and final-final tip, which is what you're doing now. Asking on a forum like this is going to give you skewed results because the sample size is so small (and there's always the risk of a "hotel plant") but you're likely to get real-person reviews and a chance to interact a bit.

As you can see, I do my homework on hotels. I'm going with the Doubletree, despite a few concerns, so take from that what you will. Happy to discuss more if you're interested.

The post above with the videos embedded is a great resource! IMO, I would recommend the DoubleTree DS, all rooms are suites and very spacious/well appointed and its a Hilton brand (more reputable and better known international brand than B hotels)..

I've never stayed at this Doubletree, but stayed at B Resort in 2018. My stay at B resort was nice, it was two adults and room was nice and clean, at that point there was a smattering of bad reviews but honestly I really liked it. I would do an adult trip there again at that point no problem.

I'm going in two weeks and for months had B resort reserved with 0 resort fees, it was a great deal. About 6 weeks ago I just randomly checked the reviews for B, and the results were horrid. I can look past the ones complaining of resort fees, which are bogus especially right now when most of the things you paying the fees for are closed (limited shop hours, decreased shuttle, restaurant closed), but the consistent poor ones of no staff and room dirty made me switch. The one review that sealed it was one where the author had stated that he'd been there multiple time previously but Covid affected the resort and it had gone downhill. If it was just me or my friends I'd bear with it, but no way my girlfriend will be able to put up with it. I ended up doing a Priceline express deal for elsewhere.

So go with Doubletree, reviews look better and if the price is the same why not, you'll just have a longer walk if going to Springs.

We have stayed at the Doubletree multiple times and as recently as two months ago. It’s a bit of a walking hike to Disney Springs but it easily sleeps 6, has one bathroom,, two TVs, a kitchen area with a small fridge, micro, sink and coffee maker. Free brewed coffee in the lobby. It is clean. The decor is a bit dated but at the right price, a good choice.

Yes I did. Ask away. As I’m a Hilton honors member but never stayed here

I have stayed a b resort and because of so many bad reviews. I switched at last min

for us it’s not be good. Broken toilets broken ac
Got two roofs but could not get adjoining rooms. But each of our rooms had others in the adjoining room and you can’t even have a regular conversation without hearing each ither

the others were not even talking loaf and we can hear everything they say and doo
Room oders had to change rooms
Ice machine only on a few floors
Fridge not cooling
Bed rock hard. But some like that
Old furniture but that don’t bother me much
No made service. You put towels in a bag outside door but you gotta go to front desk to get more

only small. Things really but it truly is hard to sleep whenyou can hear every word your neighbors are saying.
Ask away if you wanna know more

Only getting worse. Stay far away
Every room your in you hear people all around and then on the toilet. Or in shower or sitting at your table. At mid nite when u gotta get up at 5 am
And it’s not like the traveler fault the walls are paper thin. Unless you have a conversation thru the walls like I did you would assume as decent person should talk shiofter or atleast whisper so as to not disturb
Atleast that’s what we do in our room
So we sit here and whisper to each other
Wow I must be crazy I paid good money for this crap hole

oh wait I’m nowbeing told the safe stoped working and the entire bathroom has no lights and can’t even see to shower to start our day
I guess the drama will continue

ps. The breakfast buffet is horrible. And 18 bucks for watery powdered eggs.They advertise a omelet bar but no such thing here

I never noticed the sound problem that you are talking about. You are staying at the Double Tree LBV right?

Agree. Have stayed many times in all different locations and what stands out to me is that we were never even aware there were others on our floor let alone any noise at all. 🤷‍♀️

It is by Disney springs and it is awful. Actual normal conversations and we can’t sleep. The bedrooms are quiet but if you have people on the couch sleeping while others are in the adjoining living room. It’s awful. I have even had long conversations with the people in the other room thru the doors M

mYbe you all did not have an ajoining room ?

my other parties room does not ajoin and they have not this issue either

never got better. If you prefer a soft bed please look elsewhere also.
safe is broken still with no fixing till we check out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter