Disney snacks... any help hunting

27yroldStitchFan

Earning My Ears
Hello folks,
I love this board... you all bail me out when I get these crazy ideas... and I've had another one, so now I need help again.

The one minute backstory: I went to Disney for my first trip in my twenties and it has been a goal since to make sure loved ones got to go. Took my wife for her first trip last spring for our 2 yr. anniversary. Took my parents (in their mid to late fifties) for their first trip last fall with the wife's help planning). Now we are taking my in laws. My mother in law and step-father-in-law (?) have two young daughters, the oldest being over 15 yrs younger than my wife. We are going to Disney with them in three weeks.

The idea To dream the impossible dream... Well, kinda. Okay, so obviously as I did not go until I was in my 20's, I have 0 experience with taking kids. This is no problem as the girls are great kids... but my goal is to make this the most phenomenal trip ever. So, I told my wife I wanted to make them traveling kits and baskets. Yeah, I'm a softie. It should be great fun... and I thought it would be great to have them baskets from their favorite characters waiting at the off site hotel we are staying at. I looked at different services and thought it was solid as I began working to make this, well, work. I even had posted on here before about services and had found one that would do what I wanted at a reasonable price, but....

The dilemma Then I talked to the hotel desk where we are staying. I have stayed there several times, but never had anything delivered there. They will not accept delivery of an item unless you are checked in already... for insurance purposes it seems. Legally, I understand that. Plan wise, its a buzz kill as I wanted them to be there when we checked in. Bummer! So, the wife, being infinitely more crafty than I... (I'm conniving, she's crafty... we're good at surprises) said no problem, we would just somehow sneak the supplies in and make the baskets ourselves. Its a great idea, but I wanted to make sure the girls received Disney stuff they wouldn't see at Wal-Mart or other stores... more generally specific Disney items, especially snack items.

The Quest So, I'm trying to find a way to get Disney food items here so I can self make two baskets for my sisters-in-law of ages 6 and 8. My wife says the trip will be magical for them because they are getting to go, but this is something I REALLY want to do for my beloved in laws... even for my mother in law... because I want her to have a great time and I think it will help her relax if she knows the girls have stuff like this to look forward to.

My goal then is to find stuff I can get shipped to me... is there any service at all where I can get stuff like the Chip and Dale's Mickey ears shaped pretzels? I found a few services on ebay which will do it, but some said they had a two week shipping issue and I am running low on time. Most stuff I can get at the Disney store to otherwise fill the basket, but special Disney stuff is a little harder to get.

Any ideas?

If not, thanks for reading my tirade... I apologize for being long winded... I just really want this to be great for them as it will be their first Disney trip and that is one of the best memories I have even as an adult. This board has helped me plan all my trips since the first one with my wife... thank you all for everything!

Take care,
J., 27yroldStitchfan

I don't know how to get specialized Dis snacks. Just for ideas, 2 yrs ago when my daughter was 7 she was invited to the Bibbi Bobbi Botique from the Fairy Godmother herself. (Advance reservations is a must obviously.) They now have one located in MK. We left one morning from the hotel to arrive back with a very special envelope addressed to her with a special invitation to come and be treated like a Princess by her fairymaids. It would be great if you are going to dinner at GF. All dressed up like a Princess. They have different packages with all price ranges. :cloud9: Just idea............you can do so much with your computer and printer.....Goodluck

Not sure if this will help you...but if you're flying into Orlando International (MCO), there is a Disney World Store inside the airport that sells a lot of the special candy and snacks that you see in the parks. They have the pretzels, cookies, candies and lots of other goodies. You could split up when you arrive - one of you secretly go to the store and get your supplies while the other takes the children to get the luggage. This is what my husband and I do when we go to WDW, as I always like to treat our DD with a basket from Mickey. Best of luck to you!!

:goodvibes

Both great ideas... thank you so much. If anyone else has any more ideas, keep them coming! I do appreciate it!
Take care,
J.

I found this ebay store full of Disney souvenirs, and one of the ads listed in the store says that they will go to Disney and buy whatever you want for the Disney price plus 15% and shipping.

The store is called: katrinas-disney-toy-world
(maybe you guys are already familiar with this)

Sure, you'll be overpaying, but it may be worth it in this case. I don't think 15% is all that much to pay for someone else's time and service.

Oh, and in the ebay store there are lots of Disney Potato Heads that don't seem too crazy expensive (of course I've never been to DisneyWorld, so I may have no idea what I'm talking about!).

I agree... 15% for time isn't bad... plus if they can get it here... wahoo! I will look into that as well. Thank you all so much. Keep these ideas coming!

I just read your post and I wanted to tell you how excellent I think that you are for doing all of this kind of planning for your family. Not only is it really sweet, but also romantic. Very cool my friend, very cool. I hope your wife appreciates what you are doing!
Snack ideas...how about having a basket (made by Disney) delivered to your hotel room?? I can't remember the web-site, but if you call the main number, I'm sure that they will be able to direct you. All of the best, and I hope you have a great trip:)

Hi! What about Disney delivears ( yes, that is spelled right because of the "ears" part). Disney has their own mail order service and you can get anything they sell in the parks except for consumables (churros, etc). Call a main park number, sorry I dont know it offhand, and they should be able to help you!
What a neat DBIL!:love:

Don't want to put a damper...but I am almost 100% sure WDW will not send any of their food items (candies,cookies,any snackies). Just wanted to make sure you knew....If I am wrong please correct me!

I second the airport. When we left in January, DD informed me that we forgot to buy things for her friends. I stopped in the Disney store at the airport and they had quite a few things found at WDW. We ended up buying small boxes of cookies and no one knew they didn't come from the parks.

BTW, I think what you are doing is great. We are the "Disney" family in the family and are trying to get everyone else to go with us. So far, only convinced SIL but MIL is supposed to go with us later this year. I always want everything to be so special because Disney means so much to us. I know it is hard when things don't go as planned. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter