Disney Skyliner Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really, really want to believe they are unaware. If they know and are denying, they've lost every future penny from me.

Their initial reaction may be to deny and then change their story later. Put the best case scenario out there before the truth. I can imagine the chaos going on when those in charge of the gondola found out what happened. Probably took awhile before their figured out what to do. Media wise, I mean.

Just throwing this out there for anyone who might have knowledge on how transportation incidents are investigated...

Does the NTSB get involved? I know that they were involved in the monorail crash investigation where the driver died. Would they be involved in a case like this? And would it make a difference if the crash involved empty vehicles (as Disney is reporting) or vehicles containing passengers (such as what is being reported here)?

ETA - It is my guess that the answer would be no in either case due to there being no fatalities nor serious injuries. But what do I know? I'm just a layperson. Time to ask my brother, the safety engineer...

Last edited:

Their initial reaction may be to deny and then change their story later. Put the best case scenario out there before the truth. I can imagine the chaos going on when those in charge of the gondola found out what happened. Probably took awhile before their figured out what to do. Media wise, I mean.

And they should have had a plan for dealing with media damage control for an incident like this as well. Clearly they were behind in both actual rescue procedures as well as handling media backlash.

Any suggestions... Unfortunately I feel like Disney will just be like “oh well.. and what are you going to do about it.” That’s how my wife and I both feel right now. We live here so we afraid to burn any bridges too. Ugh!!!!!

Looking at comments on BlogMickey, it looks like they've reached out to Disney for a comment. Hopefully Disney will respond properly. I guess you can go straight to Disney if you want, or try to tell your story via blogs like BlogMickey or social media

Lots of Monday morning quarterbacking going on.

This happened on a Saturday night, after hours. It takes time to get people recalled and in place. They don't have an extra 50 bus drivers waiting around waiting to hop into a bus at a moments notice.

The PR person obviously had no clue what was going on. Certainly could have been handled better.

Discussing the impact of this accident on sales so soon is a bit dicey, but I suppose if done respectfully is a fair topic of conversation. To that end, I would like to remind everyone that they just had a monorail evacuation last week and a potentially fatal incident earlier this year where a door fell off during transit. Last I checked the monorail resorts were still pretty full.

In today's social media world, not being truthful and transparent from the get-go (or as SOON AS info is known) is an example of PR idiocy.

I would guess Disney will be getting in touch with Dis Bee very shortly, and we will hear no more of their experience.
Ugh!

W

OMG... now I’m starting to get more upset. That’s gross misinformation!

Personally, I would reach out to Disney directly before going to social media. Look up an official email address. They will give you something pretty substantial in return for signing an NDA most likely.

Any suggestions... Unfortunately I feel like Disney will just be like “oh well.. and what are you going to do about it.” That’s how my wife and I both feel right now. We live here so we afraid to burn any bridges too. Ugh!!!!!

You’re okay and didn’t get stuck on the gondola for hours. They got you out quickly and safely. Personally, I wouldn’t ask for or expect compensation, but, it really bothers me if Disney is saying that nobody was in the gondolas that crashed. I’d be calling them out for that. It seems shady. They should be interviewing you.

Yes... unfortunately that is a lie. They’re we’re people in the blue car and we were in the one crushed up against them.
Diz Bee, really recommend you get in touch with Disney, so that they can get all the information they need for their investigation. Without input from the persons trapped inside those cars, they won't have the full picture on what happened. Yes, the cast members will have one version, but from my experience if there is any human error involved, or problems with emergency response, then workers are often economical with the truth.

W

OMG... now I’m starting to get more upset. That’s gross misinformation!

I would probably start with guest relations, and let them know that you want to talk to someone "higher up" - and I would have no qualms in telling them you expect accurate information to be given to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter