Disney Skyliner Accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thankfully no one was hurt in last nights incident.

Second while the nature of last nights accident may be rare, myself having spent many years skiing and riding gondolas they regularly experience down time it should be expected. In my opinion they shouldn't be running the skyliner unless they can evacuate it much quicker!

Maybe it was a good thing that this incident happened now. Better in the evening while it's cooler, and better that the system is new - they clearly need to learn some of the quirks and/or retrain folks. Figure it out now before people start bad habits or get blasé about things. Glad nobody got hurt.

Do we know why the people on stretchers needed stretchers?

I believe it. It sounds like they got out quickly and left. I wonder if CM’s even asked them for their names.
No one asked us for our names... i actually went to the one security guard and said “ what are the odds? This was our first time on this thing!”
He walked away mumbling “what are ya gonna do.” In like an “oh well, jolly gee” kinda way.

I would like to add.. that the odds are so low that this would happen. I mean we can’t win the lottery! My wife and I have been talking about it all morning, it’s very bizarre. The weird thing is... is OUR car was the car that was crushed... the first car before the blue car that failed. Yet after they fixed the placements of the cars and we evacuated... no one from Disney approached us and all. Disney management doesn’t know we even exist... it kinda odd. Here we are watching videos from the local news and YouTube and we keep hearing “no one knows if the crushed cars had people inside”. Well we’re fine over here... thanks for asking!!!!
Even though we were in the accident, at least we weren’t stuck in the air! Hope everyone was ok!

And this is a serious problem - that they aren't even aware there were people in the car. Totally unacceptable.

I
No one asked us for our names... i actually went to the one security guard and said “ what are the odds? This was our first time on this thing!”
He walked away mumbling “what are ya gonna do.” In like an “oh well, jolly gee” kinda way.
so glad you guys weren’t hurt or stuck that long, but I’d be so beyond annoyed that Disney is making it sound as if no guests were involved in the initial crash that started this whole thing.

First thankfully no one was hurt in last nights incident.

Second while the nature of last nights accident may be rare, myself having spent many years skiing and riding gondolas they regularly experience down time it should be expected. In my opinion they shouldn't be running the skyliner unless they can evacuate it much quicker!

I agree! And hopefully it won’t be a process achieved by more actual evacuations but by drills.

This is a photo I took after the accident... doesn’t look like much. Like I said earlier they adjusted the cars while we were inside. We knew it was bad but we really didn’t understand the enormity of it until we saw all the pictures of the accident. When we got out of the cars, cast members were hurrying us up to follow the path to alternative transportation that was set up. Like “nothing to see here... move along.”

I really, really want to believe they are unaware. If they know and are denying, they've lost every future penny from me.

At this point, someone at Disney knows b/c I'm sure they monitor these boards...so, it's a question of will they track down their employees from last night and ask (since finding guests on vacation might not be the easiest...although magic bands...maybe it is ridiculously easy)...or whether they will purposely stay in denial for PR purposes...

I really, really want to believe they are unaware. If they know and are denying, they've lost every future penny from me.
My thought is that the CM’s got the people out if the gondolas quickly, asked them if they were okay, and since they were, guests were sent on their way.

I’m sure by now, PR must realize that guests were onboard, but maybe they didn’t realize it last night? I don’t know.

I think this is huge. Sure, there will be bumps in the road, but this is very unprofessional. They are incredibly lucky no one was hurt. This reflects very poorly on doppelmayr. Where are they? All I heard on these boards leading up to this was about how the illustrious doppelmayr knew what they were doing. And this highlights the problem with no a/c. Very bad decision to skimp on a/c, Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter