Disney site today - epic fail

MrInfinity

DIS Veteran
So, you spend 6 months diligently planning out the perfect vacation that culminates in one day of well thought out and orderly online booking... get up at 5am, have all my PCs booted up, my wife's and my accounts all logged in, and ready to book right when the window opens...

And then nothing. Site would not work at all. Try various things the entire time, nothing. Other computers. Other browsers. It did open my +10 window, but everything I'd try to book... all these awesome times showing available... would click them, and then they'd disappear, do nothing, say I cannot book now, or take me back to the login screen or to the restaurant page. Then the +10 wouldn't show again till I re-logged-in, and then repeat the cycle.

An hour of this. On the app. On the computer. Nothing.

And what's worse, as I'm trying them, next time I go in, I see the time I just tried to book show as not available any more! So to me it looks like other ppl are snatching up my ressies. :-)

Ah well. In the end, called them an hour later and was able to do all my bookings on the phone. Got everything I wanted, including my 10-person CRT on a holiday weekend, BOG lunch, and Ohana dinner. So despite missing out on the bonus hour, maybe everyone else was blocked out too. And the times that I seemed to see getting taken up every time I tried online were available when I was on the phone, so the site was just glitching.

Despite the technology being entirely inoperative, the old-fashioned phone-and-operator worked out just fine. I do see some anomalies, like Biergarten totally booked solid. But it's booked so crazy solid every day, that I think they just have not opened these tables up yet. I think I ran into this last time, a few restaurants not avail right at 180+10.

Anyone else have a fun time trying to book this morning?

I had to go through MDE and re-log in dozens of times. It wouldn't work at all on one of our computers past day 180. Two reservations said they went through but never showed up on my list; I glad I checked right away,ended up losing one of those though. Didn't get ohana for thanksgiving dinner, and nothing at Epcot after thanksgiving, but I got everything else we wanted including BOG for 10, Ohana later in the week, H&V, and 1900.

I have a theory. Because on MY ADR day, I overslept and ended up logging in about 2 hours after the window opened. Had no problems at all. Got everything I was looking for, at the times I wanted. So my theory is - everyone and their brother is logging in as soon as the window opens. Which bogs down the system. Which makes it crash and glitch and whatnot. Let the mad rush of people crash the system for the first hour or two, THEN log in and make your plans! LOL

Meh....just an anecdotal observation and theory. But maybe something to keep in mind for those approaching their ADR day!

The same thing happened to me on my 180-day ADR window date several months ago. I waited and called and got everything that I wanted. For my FPs, it worked fine from the computer.

Eh. I find the online system so undependable that I don't use it any more. At all. On my 180 days, when I get up and have my coffee in hand, whenever that might happen to be, (and I can tell you it ISNT right at 0700) I just pick up the phone. 10 minutes later I'm done.

Eh. I find the online system so undependable that I don't use it any more. At all. On my 180 days, when I get up and have my coffee in hand, whenever that might happen to be, (and I can tell you it ISNT right at 0700) I just pick up the phone. 10 minutes later I'm done.

Me too. Also, on the 60-day FP window I can do the same thing (or at least I did for my last trip, which is coming up next week). I got everything that I want. Maybe it's different if you just have a 30-day window, but if you have 60 days there is no need to stay up until midnight.

For those of you who couldn't book your +10 on the computer (I had the same issue), did you have Room Only reservations? It seems to affect those more than the people with packages.

It's very frustrating.

For those of you who couldn't book your +10 on the computer (I had the same issue), did you have Room Only reservations? It seems to affect those more than the people with packages.

It's very frustrating.

No it wasn't a room only, I have a package. It's a magical package, but he said it should work just like an MYW package. It did open the +10. It just wasn't working to actually pick a time and book. Still isn't, even now. But works fine when I call in and talk to a rep.

That's how mine was, too. I could see all of the times, but when I clicked on it, it would just bring me back to the home page. So frustrating.
I wonder if it's only the MYW where it works.

I really don't think its necessary to get on exactly at the time its available. We are going first week in July. I reserved all our times and restaurants the first day I could, but I did it after I got home from work. I didn't stay up late or get up early - and I got everything I wanted. Just last week my mom and niece decided to join us for part of the trip. They were able to book FP+ to match ours in all cases but one. For that one, I was able to change ours to match theirs. I was also able to change all our dinner reservations from 4 to 6 except for one - BOG. So we will be eating dinner separately that day. They were however, able to get a BOG breakfast for a different day for just the two of them.

That's how mine was, too. I could see all of the times, but when I clicked on it, it would just bring me back to the home page. So frustrating.
I wonder if it's only the MYW where it works.

Interesting... so did u have trouble w the Fast Passes or did they work ok?

I have a theory. Because on MY ADR day, I overslept and ended up logging in about 2 hours after the window opened. Had no problems at all. Got everything I was looking for, at the times I wanted. So my theory is - everyone and their brother is logging in as soon as the window opens. Which bogs down the system. Which makes it crash and glitch and whatnot. Let the mad rush of people crash the system for the first hour or two, THEN log in and make your plans! LOL

Meh....just an anecdotal observation and theory. But maybe something to keep in mind for those approaching their ADR day!

Of course, that's even more pathetic than the idea that they are fixing something and can't get it right, or that it's a continued glitch. Because if there's one thing Disney IT should know, it's that every single day there will be people logging in to make ADRs and FP+ arrangements. Every day is someone's 180 or 90, and if they are bogged down it just shows they don't care. Other companies have ways of dealing with massive traffic, other companies have ways of never ever showing their website work until it's done. It's insulting how bad Disney IT is. Especially since so many of their web people are up here in Seattle where we darned well know better.

AND, this is a change. It used to be better. They have slid downhill.

I had this problem when I went on their site back in December at 180 days to book my ADRs. In a panic I tried a different browser and it worked. Either chrome or IE had the same issue you described. I forget which browser had the issue and which one did not.

Called tech support, they are working on the issue. It is definitely bouncing attempts to book w/in the +10 window right now.

For months and months now. So far it seems they've made it worse; from what I've seen on the boards, it started with DVC and has now branched out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter