• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Shuttles from hotels

Cheshirepotamus

Earning My Ears
I'm planning an inexpensive Disney trip in Nov, so sadly WDW resorts are out. Anyone know of any cheaper motels in the area that offer decent Disney shuttles? There are no kids, so that makes it easier. I'm not getting a lot of luck at the hotel websites I'm checking out. Thanks!

All of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. have free shuttles to and from the parks that run every 30 minutes. All of these hotels offer something different in the range of prices, fees, parking, etc. I'm sure you can check mouse savers or their direct hotel websites for deals/specials. I'm sure you can find deals for under $100 at some of the properties there near Disney Springs.

We have stayed at all of the properties and have enjoyed each of them. We used to frequent the Best Western before moving here to Orlando. All their rooms have private balconies and they have no parking fee. Also, being a member (Diamond) member, we have never had to pay the resort fee either. Something to think about for joining certain chain's rewards program.

These properties are obviously on Disney property and very close to Disney Springs which is also very nice for night time activities.

As far as using shuttle service, as long as you get to MK, once there you can use all of WDW's transportation?

Thanks

As far as using shuttle service, as long as you get to MK, once there you can use all of WDW's transportation?

Thanks
Yes, you can use all of Disney's transportation from anywhere. Parks, hotels, Disney Springs, etc. Buses, monorails, boats, anything. It's open and free to all.

We have stayed at Springhill Suites at The Marriott Village. Rooms right now are running $84 a night, but it includes free breakfast, free internet, mircowave and small fridge and free shuttle. We have never used the shuttle so I can't comment on how it runs.

All of the hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. have free shuttles to and from the parks that run every 30 minutes. All of these hotels offer something different in the range of prices, fees, parking, etc. I'm sure you can check mouse savers or their direct hotel websites for deals/specials. I'm sure you can find deals for under $100 at some of the properties there near Disney Springs.

We have stayed at all of the properties and have enjoyed each of them. We used to frequent the Best Western before moving here to Orlando. All their rooms have private balconies and they have no parking fee. Also, being a member (Diamond) member, we have never had to pay the resort fee either. Something to think about for joining certain chain's rewards program.

These properties are obviously on Disney property and very close to Disney Springs which is also very nice for night time activities.

How is the shuttle service from this location, Hotel Plaza Blvd? From what I have been reading it can take some time because of the many stops it has to make. Is that the same in this case...Thanks

They are actually pretty regular to be honest. They run every 30 minutes and have two runs, depending on which side of Hotel Plaza Bl vd. you are staying. Here are the routes and the hotels they top.

A Bus
Hilton
Holiday Inn
B Resort
Double Tree

B Bus
Best Western
Wyndham LBV
Buena Vista Palace

This list is also in order of stops to and from the parks. As I said, these buses are regular and easy to get to and from the parks. Obviously, traffic, crowd sizes, etc. can play into the timing of any buses, not just these. We have rarely encountered issues with this service when we used it in the past and today when/if we use this system.

After all the pick-ups for B Bus, do the buses go directly to AK, Epcot and Hollywood Studios?

After all the pick-ups for B Bus, do the buses go directly to AK, Epcot and Hollywood Studios?

The usual routes typically go to EPCOT and Studios then another bus goes to Magic and Animal Kingdom. Meaning a bus goes to both parks after drop off and pick up from the hotels. Very rarely is there a separate bus (accept mega busy times) to individual parks.

Nope. You're good. Of course, you'll have to go to the TTC heading to Magic, but that's it.

think the ones on hotel plaza are still downtown disney hotels - and they are good.

wyndham bonnet creek (timeshare) has a good shuttle too - but I think it cost more than the DDH

well I was wrong they have changed the name - look for their specials - and mousesavers generally has some nice deals too

http://disneyspringshotels.com/

I'm staying at the Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista. Got it at a very good price. I've stayed there before its simple and clean. They offer shuttle service to the parks, but its also walking distance to Downtown Disney. Assuming you don't mind the extra 30-40 minute walk!

If you use the Clarion you also have the Lynx bus option it comes almost right across the street and will you can get to magic for $2 a person or you can get a day pass for $4.50
It goes up palm parkway then up hotel blvd makes a stop in downtown Disney and then goes over to magic .The walk isn't bad either as I have also walked it many times

As mentioned earlier, the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels have decent shuttle service to the parks that run frequently. However, you may find that most of those are similar to or possibly more expensive than the Disney value resorts.

If you go truly off-property, I would strongly encourage you to rent a car...but keep in mind you'll need to pay parking, unless you get creative. Off-property shuttles are erratic and if you miss your pickup times at either the hotel or the park, you could be in for a long wait or forced to take a taxi.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter