Disney sending ride wait times and more via text

I am not quite sure of my dates...so I should probably wait until I am sure of them? Or, will it give me an option of not quite knowing yet? Thanks.

I've tried to sign up several times but each time I do, the registration page keeps spitting out an error message telling me to "Please enter a valid street address." Apparently the system doesn't recognize my street address as a legitimate place to live? :confused3 I know it exists, we've lived here for over 8 years now. Unless of course this is all a dream and we're really hooked up with several wires into a pod that feeds the matrix. :scared1:

After I signed up for the texting feature I was directed to another page. As a Blackberry user I have been looking for an APP from WDW. Did not know about the m.disneyworld.com link for mobile phones - very informative with alot of stuff at your fingertips. Not an APP but a link to the site. Great if you have a phone with a data plan.

KAK

Thanks Chartle that helped.

I found a free app and an app for .99 that are community apps that the users enter the wait times. Does anyone have experience with those? Are they at all accurate? With my luck I'd be the only one posting times when I'm there.

I need to figure out how I can sell my husband on why my 5 yr old needs a cell phone from Verizon.

Don't 5 yr olds need to learn to read? What better way to learn than receiving text messages from Mickey Mouse?

I signed up for this last night and got a few texts already to prepare me for the upcoming trip.

I can see the issues now

Guest "I got a text message that said a 15 minute wait, it now says 30 minutes"

CM - "I am very sorry however we now estimate the wait is 30 minutes"

Guest " I got this text message 5 minutes ago, I walked half way around the park and got out of line, look here is the message."

Guest "I want to see a supervisor or manager, this isn't fair I have proof"

Manager "I am very sorry Sir, please follow me and I will get you right on the ride"

Texts being delayed will create more issues than what it worth.

That is entirely possible. Another issue would be that if soarin showed a 15 minute wait and 1000 people received the text the wait could be 45 min by the time you get to it...

Information is only valid at the time sent / received.

Signed up for text messaging on 1/28/10 (about 10 p.m.)
On 1/29/10, received a txt registration message from Disney. Replied Yes. Received message that phone now registered. (all around 9 a.m.)
At 4 p.m. that day, sent message "Meet Ariel". Received back, "This phone is not registered."
:mad:

You may not want to wait until the last minute to register....

I thought id play around with it and have the exact same problem

Signed up for text messaging on 1/28/10 (about 10 p.m.)
On 1/29/10, received a txt registration message from Disney. Replied Yes. Received message that phone now registered. (all around 9 a.m.)
At 4 p.m. that day, sent message "Meet Ariel". Received back, "This phone is not registered."
:mad:

You may not want to wait until the last minute to register....

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Not sure how to fix the issue. Very frustrating.

Well, several days after registering my phone and receiving that confirmation text (but still getting the "not registered" text replies), this morning I received an email from Disney Mobile saying that my phone is now registered and I can start utilizing the texting features.
So, I sent off a text saying "WAIT SPLASH" to check it ~ got a reply that my phone is not registered. :headache:
Someone is seriously dropping the ball on this service. :sad2:

Well, several days after registering my phone and receiving that confirmation text (but still getting the "not registered" text replies), this morning I received an email from Disney Mobile saying that my phone is now registered and I can start utilizing the texting features.
So, I sent off a text saying "WAIT SPLASH" to check it ~ got a reply that my phone is not registered. :headache:
Someone is seriously dropping the ball on this service. :sad2:

I am having the same issue. I emailed Disney about the problem and they gave me a phone number to the company in charge of their service. I just emailed them and will see if I can get anything resolved. I'll pass along the info, once I know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter