• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney sells Angels!

Peter Pirate

Its not the end of civilization...But you can see
A tentative agreement (pending baseball approval) has Disney selling the Angels to Luis Moreno, who will be the first Mexican owner, for a reported 180 Million. Disney bought the franchise from the Autry family for 150 million.

Good news, i suspect, for all involved. Wonder why, given last year's performance, they only went for 180. At least it wasn't taken as a loss.

Early articles thought they would take a loss. It was reported the sale was for 140M. I would think in a bad economy what they got was better then fair market.

Great news!!!! I bad pruchase to begin with is now over.
Now this should free up some money for a e ticket attraction!!!

Great news!

Now if Disney could just get rid of the Mighty Ducks and ABC, maybe things would turn around in the parks.;)

Hey we have to dream, because reality isnt that good at the current time in regards to disney!!
Of course with our luck that money will go to payoff a legal settlement from the pooh case.

Even though I am a WIngs fan, I am also a shareholder...so let's hope the Ducks win the Cup so they can be sold too.

180 Million is Phenominal. A year ago Disney couldn't give the team away and they've been trying to sell for a while now.

Disney near deal to sell Angels

Burbank-based Walt Disney Co. (NYSE: DIS) is nearing a deal to sell its Anaheim Angels baseball team at a loss to Phoenix businessman Arturo Moreno, according to a Dow Jones report citing the Wall Street Journal.

According to the report, Disney is negotiating with Moreno, a 56-year-old private investor. Other potential bidders include real-estate developer Frank McCourt and members of the Nederlander family, Dow Jones reported.

The $160 million-$180 million price tag is much smaller than Disney anticipated, and despite the team's World Series win, the Angels lost about $10 million last year.

Disney's National Hockey League team, the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim, is also on the market, Dow Jones reported.

© 2003 American City Business Journals Inc.

"NEW YORK (AFX) - Shares of Walt Disney Co were lower in late afternoon trade, in line with general DJIA weakness, after news reports it agreed in principle to sell the Anaheim Angels - winner of the 2002 World Series - to Arizona businessman Arturo Moreno for just over 180 mln usd, dealers said."

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Now Disney can put that money back into the parks!!!:bounce: Maybe we can get some new rides.

Next I hope they sell the Ducks and ABC. Focus on the magic!

Brilliant move Disney!!!!! I love it!!

While I applaud the selling of the Angels, It doesn't change the fact that the have BILLIONS of dollars in debt they need to service. I wouldn't expect a dime of that money to go to the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter