Disney-scented candles… anyone tried them before?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I’m curious about the Disney-scented candles from https://magiccandlecompany.com/. Has anyone tried them? They are supposed to capture the distinct smells of certain rides, hotels, etc., but I guess I have my doubts. I’m sure they smell nice, but do they ACTUALLY capture the true smells Disney uses or are they just mediocre imitations?

One time I bought a car air freshener that was labeled ‘new car smell’. I was so excited, I looove that smell! Well I was so disappointed, because although it was a pleasant, there wasn’t anything about it that remotely reminded me of the smell it claimed.

I have ordered a few. I thought Banshee Ride was pretty close. The Haunted Mansion one smelled like burnt hair to me. I liked Tiki Terrace but don't exactly know what that is supposed to mimic (don't think it's Tiki Room). I heard Pirate Water is quite close but did not try that. I think certain special smells just belong at Disney!!

We like them and they smell better than other companies. The only negative is the wood wicks spark and burn black. I don't feel comfortable burning unless I'm constantly in the room.

yep we have tried them. I would say the ones i have tried do capture the Disney smell. My favorite is Walts Office. We have also tried Banshee Flight, Norway, Christmas on Main street and Autum on main street and a couple more but can't remember which. My only complaint (if you can call it that) is on some the smell is overpowering. Also if you get the spray I will tell you a little (and I mean a little) goes a long way

The hand sanitizers are also a fun way to keep the Disney magic alive after the trip!

I’m curious about the Disney-scented candles from https://magiccandlecompany.com/. Has anyone tried them? They are supposed to capture the distinct smells of certain rides, hotels, etc., but I guess I have my doubts. I’m sure they smell nice, but do they ACTUALLY capture the true smells Disney uses or are they just mediocre imitations?

One time I bought a car air freshener that was labeled ‘new car smell’. I was so excited, I looove that smell! Well I was so disappointed, because although it was a pleasant, there wasn’t anything about it that remotely reminded me of the smell it claimed.
We stay at POFQ, and I Love the smell of their lobby.
So, I bought that smell at the magiccndlecompany.
It smelled just like the lobby. It was great and brought back wonderful memories.
I have had that candle for a few years now and it still smells good!
They are expensive but totally worth it to me:)

Don't forget to use promo code DISNEYINFO at checkout if you place an order with Magic Candle Company, one of the site sponsors. Our discount with them is 15% your entire order, but right now, it's good for 20% off during their Easter sale! We haven't been given an end date for that Easter sale just yet, but we know it "ends soon."

I did not care for Park Scents. We like Magic Candles much better. Park Scents smelled good when you opened them, but zero throw when burning. I had bought a bunch and actually threw some away :(

So so. I don't think they've captured the exact smell of the hotel lobbies I've bought them for. I did enjoy Flying over Africa (from Soarin' where you go over the elephant). Very strong grass smell and it's smells exactly luck fresh-cut grass but much stronger. I enjoy the fragrance. I thought The Columbia Fragrance Company hit it better for lobby smell--Walt's Wonderful World I think was the one I got. Just more subtle.

I just ordered some wax melts from them yesterday(not here yet). I have smelled Floridian, Banshee flight, the ET one, and Flying over India.

The ET one was super close to the original smell of the ride (like scary close) I loved it.
I loved Floridian(have never been there so I can't tell you if it was accurate-but it smelled awesome)
I found Flying over India a bit strong(I thought it was too floral).
Banshee flight was nice-light and fresh smelling

I ordered a 4 pack:
Floridian
Tiki Terrace
Caribbean Resort
Key West

Polynesian, Contemporary, and Floridian from Magic Candle Company are my absolute faves. I think those scents do an amazing job of capturing the smells as you enter those lobbies in particular.

I dig out the Autumn on Main Street one as we head into the fall.

One year for Christmas my DD & DSIL gave me some candles from Magic Candle Co. I have Haunted, Beach Resort, Skyway and Christmas Shop. I don't think any of them smell like the places they are supposed to represent. To me Haunted smells like something burning, Beach Resort smells like sweet and flowery, the Christmas Shop smells like really strong pine and Skyway smells like soap.

Two trips ago I took them to WDW to see if they did smell like the places they represent. That didn't work out to well, I don't think I would be able to get into MK with a candle in my purse. Maybe I will try it again this coming January.

Got mine today
They are all amazing!
A little softer in texture than I'm used to, but the scents are amazing...maybe because there are more scent ingredients vs using the wax as a filler?

I ordered the wax melts and was kind of disappointed. I didn't think they smelled like they were supposed to. Maybe the candles are better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter