• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney saying I didn't complete the Sign-up Process

As I recall, there were a few steps to complete. You had to register with HandOn Network. Then you had to find a service opportunity and tell them you were interested in it. THEN, you had to be accepted by the service organization and given a specific date for your service. (We had to contact several organizations before one finally accepted us.) This is how you would be one of the million volunteers Disney is counting. If you never got to this stage, you are out of luck. I remember when Habitat for Humanity accepted us, she told me how to go to the Hand On Portal and input our service date, which was actually pretty easy.

After you've completed the service, you get a thank you email and you are pending verification from your organization. As soon as the organization confirms that you completed your service, you get the email with the voucher.

I think a lot of people think they're signed up when they were never accepted for a specific activity, although that may not be your case at all.

Yep, that was the way to do it. But in my case, I tired to register an account with my service date and kept getting error messages and a ticker that would go round and round. We did our service on March 6th last min and for 3 days I tried to get our account registered. Then the site closed. We were basically SOL even though we had already volunteered and the volunteer contact submitted our names.

Yep, that was the way to do it. But in my case, I tired to register an account with my service date and kept getting error messages and a ticker that would go round and round. We did our service on March 6th last min and for 3 days I tried to get our account registered. Then the site closed. We were basically SOL even though we had already volunteered and the volunteer contact submitted our names.

You should contact Disney. They may be able to help you.

We were married May 17th 1980 so we have a few years on you. LOL. I hope your years together are as Blessed as ours have been.
Nancy :flower3:

:flower3:pixiedust:puckerup: What a blessing!!!!! Don't see that too much now days, May God continue to keep and bless you in your marriage.....:hug:

We experienced something kinda?? similar. I did not find the sign up and registration confusing or have any issues there. But when we registered it linked us to the local Binky Patrol and the chapter in Portland. Weird. :confused: I received emails from both and volunteered locally. We completed our obligation and waited. At three weeks I contacted the organization that stated confirmation was sent but the Disney site was still waiting. We managed to work it out with the chapter in Portland that actually were the ones that had to send the confirmation. By the time we all figured out what happened the chapter only confirmed me but not my other family member. The site was then closed down at 1 million reached. So I have my voucher and they do not. However, I guess since we completed the registration it is going to work out. After contacting Disney through email (forget how I did that - probably just a contact us from the GAD manage account). They emailed to state they were researching it and then that it was resolved and my family member would also be verified. I thought the system glitch was odd but the communication with the volunteer organizations and Disney was good. I just reminded myself that if it did not work out the important thing was that we volunteered.:hug:

I have told the people at Disney. I had a special number for the Give a Day program. Am I allowed to post it? What are they doing to help you guys?

They told me that basically I am out of luck. But I told them that we were interested in the fast pass option and then they said that they would pass it to their manager and see what they said. They said I should hear back within 5 days, which is on Monday. And if I don't, to call the woman I talked to back or to ask for a manager. So we will see, but I would love some tips on what you guys are doing or have done.

Sorry for everyone who is having problems. We didn't have any issue with ours, even changed our dates, but we volunteered in January, so way before the cut off.

I am a pretty irritated person right now.

I had read that there were problems with the GAD/GAD program, so I was glad I had already registered and had my "confirmation" email.

Turns out I evidently did the first part of the registration with Hands On, got my "confirmation" email from Habitat for Humanity, and then thought I was done.

So now I am counted among the people that are just frustrated about the whole thing!

I am glad I volunteered, but considering I did it for the Fast Pass option and have this fun day of riding Toy Story many times planned into my vacation, I am not real happy that Disney won't help make that happen.

I have sent emails to GAD/GAD support and got a form letter back.

I have copies of all of my emails from the organization saying that I am volunteering with Disney?

I am going to write a letter to Guest Relations and see if they can do anything for me. Do you guys have a phone number we can call?

We had the same problem. we'd already been working with Habitat since a friend of ours is getting a habitat house so we were already volunteering to help her get her hours.

The day the prgram ended we got our next date for Habitat plus my kids who are too young to work with habita received a date from a local horse "retirement" farm. I went back in and it told me we haadn't registered.

Disney basically sent me the same email. We would have been volunteering regardless but it was a nice little bonus. I was more annoyed by the response email as it verified that TWDC basically doesn't even read your emails and merely sends out form letters as a response. I was yelling at the computer "ummm, if you'd read my email you would know that we already do volunteer and was simply pointing out a flaw in your system". DH thought I was razy yelling at the computer.

My email wasn't even asking for anything since we would have just used the FP anyhow, but I just thought they needed to know that even though people were volunteering and had signed up, they were being shut out of the program

Here's the number I was given in response to my online communication. 407-827-5990

I'm so confused. In my inbox I have the email that Disney sent welcoming me to the program and telling me all I have left to do is complete the service, have it validated, then wait for the voucher.

But I don't recall ever getting anything from the state park coordinator. My sister did, but I never did.

Oh brother...

Rose

I Got It! I Got It!:banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :yay:
I got my email saying my vouchers were ready to print! :woohoo:
Just as a quick recap of my experience:
I submitted interest thru the Disney/Hands On site,
got a response from the organization,
called to set up volunteer time (I called on the day the Disney registration closed -March 5),
logged back into the Disney/Hands on site to complete registration,
did my service,
went back in to see "no volunteer activity selected/program closed" message on my account,
spoke with organization coordinator who also confirmed she was unable to pull me up as a volunteer to confirm,
used the contact us form on the GAD site to let them my problem,
received and email with a phone number to call and give them specifics,
called and gave the date I preformed each step, names and phone numbers of people I spoke with (on organization end),
got an email today and printed my vouchers!!

I Got It! I Got It!:banana: :dance3: :cheer2: :yay:
I got my email saying my vouchers were ready to print! :woohoo:
Just as a quick recap of my experience:
I submitted interest thru the Disney/Hands On site,
got a response from the organization,
called to set up volunteer time (I called on the day the Disney registration closed -March 5),
logged back into the Disney/Hands on site to complete registration,
did my service,
went back in to see "no volunteer activity selected/program closed" message on my account,
spoke with organization coordinator who also confirmed she was unable to pull me up as a volunteer to confirm,
used the contact us form on the GAD site to let them my problem,
received and email with a phone number to call and give them specifics,
called and gave the date I preformed each step, names and phone numbers of people I spoke with (on organization end),
got an email today and printed my vouchers!!

That's is good news. After reading all of the sad stories, it's nice to see someone get a positive outcome.

My family is signed up to volunteer on April 17th and hoping that all goes well for them. Some of the stories are so scarey and sad.

Same thing happened to me!! My son and I volunterred on March 6, and was told by the organization she would submit our attendance to disney and we would hear from them. after a week went by, I heard noting and come to find out, the GAD was closed. I emaild the network and also called them, got the same answer.. they could not find my registration and basically too bad for you.. I sent an email back and basically stated that I never thought I'd be disapointed by disney and this was not a magical experience.. Someone called me from disney, and yet again said.. Too bad for you..

My sister had the same problem. She even turned in the Project Linus blankets but was told by the coordinator that she wasn't registered. She had the e-mails from the coordinator and Disney, but they didn't have her on the list. Neither Disney nor Project Linus will help. It really stinks.

I believe that having the dates of the emails/phone calls, names, phone numbers and email addresses (date I expressed interest, date organization replied, person at organization I communicated with, date I followed emailed link to complete registration, date of service and contacts at organization, dates of follow up phone calls with organization once I saw my service wasn't associated with my account) really helped prove my case.

I too am in state of GAD confusion. I signed up, picked a completion date, did my service, and now my status says "sorry you didn't do your service". I have emails that confirm my participation and have sent an email to disney. I got even got the your day is fast approaching email from Disney. Not sure what else to do other than change our plans not to include disney in this trip.

I guess they won't get our $14 for parking and food after all.

I too am in state of GAD confusion. I signed up, picked a completion date, did my service, and now my status says "sorry you didn't do your service". I have emails that confirm my participation and have sent an email to disney. I got even got the your day is fast approaching email from Disney. Not sure what else to do other than change our plans not to include disney in this trip.

I guess they won't get our $14 for parking and food after all.

Call this number 407-827-5990 and ask that they help get your vouchers.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I finally got this worked out. I had to have the cordinator email a confirmation for me dropping off the blankets. I forwarded that to a manager at the Give a Day program. Then aobut a week later I got an email saying that each of our party members would be given the fastpasses.

It took a lot of time and talking to get someone to agree to this. I thought it was so ridiculous because we had wanted the fastpass option from the beginning, which I had told them, and those are FREE for them. I am just so glad that it all worked out in the end and that Disney held up their end of the bargain. I hope everyone else with issues gets them sorted out too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter