Disney rides for 6-month-old?

Ride Junkie

Just skulking around...
Our DD will be 6 months old on our next Disney trip. Just wondering on what rides (if any) you were able to bring a child that age. I'm thinking she'd be ok on the train, and maybe IASW. We'll have family with us to watch the baby while we rides most rides. Any Fantasyland, kiddie-type rides your little one was ok riding with you?

Thanks!

Your 6-month-old can ride ANYTHING that does not have a height restriction. And that's a lot of rides! :thumbsup2

We've been to WDW twice with DD, once when she was 2 mos and once at 8 mos. At 8 mos since she was able to sit up, we took her on everything that wasn't a roller coaster. All fantasyland rides, Pirates, Buzz, etc. Have a great trip!

FWIW -- Our first trip as a family was when our eldest daughter was 6 months old. While technically you can take a baby on anything without a height restriction, we found that many of the rides were extremely loud and it really scared our daugther. After learning the hard way, we didn't take her on anymore rides.

We went in July with our 3 month old and she went on Pirates, Dumbo, Peter Pan, The Boat ride, Figment, and more! She wasn't scared by the loud noises (though some babies are) and I even nursed her during the boat ride and Figment! lol The only thing that bothered her the whole trip was the immense heat even though we only went early in the day and later at night.

It was a lot easier to bring her that I thought it would be. Disney, especially the Magic Kingdom really is made for families. Have fun!!!

I first took my DD5 when she was 7 months old and she went on every ride and even the 3D movies and did awesome. She was not afraid of the dark or loud noises and slept through a deal of them (I carried her most of the time in a sling). I say take the baby on a dark ride and see how your child handles it. If the baby doesn't do so well, you can either try one more dark ride to see if it was a fluke or chalk it up to 'baby doesn't like dark rides'. For the loud movies, I sat towards the back by a door for the first couple just in case my daughter didn't like it and got scared, that way I could just sneak out without interrupting others experience.

My niece will be 8 months old when we go in November, and we plan on taking her on every ride that doesn't have a HR. I think that she will do great. She is very adventurous and nosy for her age right now and I think she'll LOVE it.

I was brought to Disney as baby for the first time at like 5 months old?.. in 1986 hehe..

My Mom took me on the TTA aka people-mover.. and in fact it just feels like the other day we were sitting on the TTA when my brother was only a couple months old(hes now 15 and 6'1") LOL :rotfl: and I'm almost 24..
but I remember my Mom asking if we could sit on the TTA and not have to get off for a couple rounds because my brother fell asleep so easily on the TTA..

The train is more then fine.. its a small world(but thats a little loud sometimes for babies)

How about the ride in the Mexico Pavillion at Epcot..no dips or anything like Pirates of the Caribbean...umm don't do Ellen's Universe of Energy.. SOO LOUD! a big boom in fact when they present the theory of how the universe was created..

hmm.i'm racking my brain:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter