Disney Rewards

So I just went to look it up. I can't order a new rewards card unless I have 10.00 in my rewards account. Which since I just transferred everything to the old rewards card, I don't have enough to get a new one. So I have to wait until I use my card some more, lol. That won't be a problem hahaha!

So I just went to look it up. I can't order a new rewards card unless I have 10.00 in my rewards account. Which since I just transferred everything to the old rewards card, I don't have enough to get a new one. So I have to wait until I use my card some more, lol. That won't be a problem hahaha!

I think they lowered the minimum amount. It used to be you had to transfer $20 to order a new card and then subsequent transfers to that card were a minimum of $10.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I use my card way too much and having the minimum amount hasn't been a problem for me. I usually order the rewards card a month or two before our trip with just the minimum amount and then wait until the last statement closes before our trip to transfer the remaining points so I can transfer everything I've earned. I've earned more points this year than I normally do. My DD goes to a private school and they started accepting credit card payments for tuition this year. Cha-ching!

I was told that I couldn't have a new one until the other
one expired nor could I transfer my points to a new one if the
old one expired. My brain is spinning with this new knowledge.
Thank you for making this clear for me.

I was told that I couldn't have a new one until the other
one expired nor could I transfer my points to a new one if the
old one expired. My brain is spinning with this new knowledge.
Thank you for making this clear for me.

You can have up to 2 valid Rewards Redemption Cards active at the same time. If you already have 2, you will have to wait until one expires. They always expire in Dec. (12/31) the year following when you request it -- so one requested today will expire 12/31/2016.

To my knowledge reward dollars/points that have been moved to a Redemption Card cannot be transferred to another card; points on a Redemption Card take on the expiration date of the Redemption Card. I did read one poster who said they did it, but I wouldn't expect that to work. Maybe the rule has changed, but I haven't heard anyone else mention being able to do so. You CAN use the Redemption Card to purchase Disney gift cards, which extends the life of the point value indefinitely.

Enjoy your cruise!

I looked up the official terms and conditions of the Disney Rewards program. From item #10 under "Redemption of Reward Dollars":

"10. Reward Dollars have no cash or monetary value and may not be redeemed for cash or its
equivalent, and any unused portion (whether in your Card Account or transferred to your Redemption
Card) is not returnable as cash. If the Reward Dollars on your Redemption Card are greater than the
price of the item purchased, the remaining balance of Reward Dollars will remain on the Redemption
Card and can be used until they expire
or are forfeited. No cash or other financial remuneration will
be returned to you on redemption of the Reward Dollars on a Redemption Card towards products
or merchandise whose price is less than the number of Reward Dollars on your Redemption Card.
Reward Dollars are not purchasable by cash, Disney Dollars, or any other form of monetary or
other payment. Redemption Cards may not be exchanged for or substituted with other rewards
certificates, rewards cards or Redemption Cards regardless of the number of Reward Dollars on the
Redemption Card or the expiration date
."

I would read this to mean that you cannot transfer rewards on an expiring card to another rewards card. That has always been my understanding of how the rewards are handled, use it or lose it. I was surprised when someone stated that they were able to get rewards dollars transferred. So I wouldn't count on that being a possibility. Instead, use the rewards card to purchase Disney gift cards before it expires. That would be the safest bet.

Can you get the Gift cards at any retailer or do you have to go through Disney to get them with the rewards card?

:thanks::thanks: I only have 1 reward card, so now I will request the 2nd one. I have a few
points to transfer and I will need them on our cruise..:fish::flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter