Disney Reward Dollars

pippi

Mouseketeer
We're going to Disneyland towards the end of April. I have a lot of Disney Reward Dollars. How do I use them and what can I use them for? I think I know how to get them, call the number and ask for the rewards card, right? But then what? That's where I'm confused. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. TIA,
Pippi

We're going to Disneyland towards the end of April. I have a lot of Disney Reward Dollars. How do I use them and what can I use them for? I think I know how to get them, call the number and ask for the rewards card, right? But then what? That's where I'm confused. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. TIA,
Pippi

You can do it online, if you have online access to the credit card. But you need to do it quickly because it takes awhile to get the rewards card in the mail. You can use it pretty much anywhere they would take a credit card.

You can do it online, if you have online access to the credit card. But you need to do it quickly because it takes awhile to get the rewards card in the mail. You can use it pretty much anywhere they would take a credit card.

It doesn't take too long.I received mine within a week.

I suggest you call for the card now; you can always call their number to get any additional dollars you may have earned credited to your card to use for your trip!

We use the card for things that are "splurge" to us - meals at Blue Bayou, character dining, and this year, a stay at DLH. Makes the hit to the actual credit card a little less! :D

Thank you. So in other words its like a gift card and I can use it for whatever want at the Disney Parks? Now if I use that as opposed to my credit card do I get any discounts? I gather that if I use the credit card for let's say the Ariel Character Dinner I get a discount but not if I use the Rewards Card.

Thank you. So in other words its like a gift card and I can use it for whatever want at the Disney Parks? Now if I use that as opposed to my credit card do I get any discounts? I gather that if I use the credit card for let's say the Ariel Character Dinner I get a discount but not if I use the Rewards Card.

I think that if you just show them the credit card, you get the discount. That's what I've done before in the World of Disney store, I didn't have to buy with it, just show it to them.

I think that if you just show them the credit card, you get the discount. That's what I've done before in the World of Disney store, I didn't have to buy with it, just show it to them.

I've used my Disney Visa to get the discount, but always assumed I had to pay with that card - next time, I'll try to just "flash" it! :banana:

I'm hesitant to apply for the card. I'm glad to see more info on the reward dollars. What is the rate for earning the reward dollars? Example: for every $100 in card purchases, you earn 1 reward dollar. Am I understanding it correctly?

I'm hesitant to apply for the card. I'm glad to see more info on the reward dollars. What is the rate for earning the reward dollars? Example: for every $100 in card purchases, you earn 1 reward dollar. Am I understanding it correctly?

Yes, for every $100 you spend you get $1 Disney Reward Dollar. So it will take $1,000 to get $10. And $10,000 gets you $100. This equates to only 1%. (I just confirmed w/ Disney Rewards on the phone) I think it is a rather lousy reward program but any bit helps I guess. I applied for it about 2 years ago and rec'd a $25 giftcard to the Disney store as a sign on bonus. I had no idea the reward points would take so long to earn, but I knew we were going to Disney sometime in the next few years.

It was only in November that I found out we were going to DL, because of a work conference, so I started to use it more. I think as long as you pay it off each month, and don't pay them any interest, it's worth it. Plus, you get the discounts at the park as well. Right after our trip I plan to cancel the card, b/c I prefer airline miles.

For us, it's the only card we use. If I can charge it without incurring a fee, I do! We pay off every month, so no interest, and we don't have any airline miles cards since we never fly anywhere.

Yes, for every $100 you spend you get $1 Disney Reward Dollar. So it will take $1,000 to get $10. And $10,000 gets you $100. This equates to only 1%. (I just confirmed w/ Disney Rewards on the phone) I think it is a rather lousy reward program but any bit helps I guess. I applied for it about 2 years ago and rec'd a $25 giftcard to the Disney store as a sign on bonus. I had no idea the reward points would take so long to earn, but I knew we were going to Disney sometime in the next few years.

It was only in November that I found out we were going to DL, because of a work conference, so I started to use it more. I think as long as you pay it off each month, and don't pay them any interest, it's worth it. Plus, you get the discounts at the park as well. Right after our trip I plan to cancel the card, b/c I prefer airline miles.

I think some things get you more than 1%. I am up to about $100 reward dolars in less than a year and I know there is no way I spend $10,000 to get that. Seems to me I remember reading some things like gas or something else gets you 2 and 3% at times. We use ours for gas and hotels and bigger purchases and pay off every month.

I have one that I got before I left to DL in Jan. with $100 on it. I forgot the darn thing at home though.:( It expires in Dec. of this year and I don't want to lose it. Can I call my cc and ask them to put them back to my statement and hold them for me or do I have to use them up by then?? I am not sure if I will get back to Disney before the end of the year, although I would really love to. I know you can get dvds with them but I don't want to do that. Thanks for any advice, sorry not trying to hijack your post! Just thought since you were on the subject!

It is regularly 1%, but there are promotions where you can earn up to 5 times the points (5%) for "every day purchases." I've only seen these come up a couple times each year, but we use that time to really rack up our points.

We transfer them to the card and then use it to buy disney dollars at the local disney store. DD are easier for us because I'll send my hubby to go get water/soda while I wait for dole whip or our lunch. Then we don't have to worry about who has the card.

It is regularly 1%, but there are promotions where you can earn up to 5 times the points (5%) for "every day purchases." I've only seen these come up a couple times each year, but we use that time to really rack up our points.

We transfer them to the card and then use it to buy disney dollars at the local disney store. DD are easier for us because I'll send my hubby to go get water/soda while I wait for dole whip or our lunch. Then we don't have to worry about who has the card.

that is a fantastic idea to trasfer to disney dollars!!!!! I am going to do that for our trip next month! Awesome!!!

I have one that I got before I left to DL in Jan. with $100 on it. I forgot the darn thing at home though.:( It expires in Dec. of this year and I don't want to lose it. Can I call my cc and ask them to put them back to my statement and hold them for me or do I have to use them up by then?? I am not sure if I will get back to Disney before the end of the year, although I would really love to. I know you can get dvds with them but I don't want to do that. Thanks for any advice, sorry not trying to hijack your post! Just thought since you were on the subject!

I think you could have gone to Guest Services and someone could have helped you. I think you will have to use them up, unfortunately by the end of the year.

If you know you are booking at trip by the end of the year, you can use it toward your downpayment.

missyelliot, you can use the rewards dollars at the Disneystore, disneyshopping.com, or convert the rewards to checks to see Disney movies at the theater. HTH!

Rewards cards can generally be used at ay place that accepts credit card (excluding nondisney stores in DTD).

The rewards cards expire Dec 31st the year after you got the card.

Go to your Disney Store and get Disney $, they don't expire. No they won't put reward points back on your account, I asked about that once.

Pippi

When you call to redeem your card leave $10.00 in your account. You must transfer at least $10.00 and you can add them at Disneyland or over the phone at anytime. Ask the customer service agent when your billing period ends and when additional $'s will be available. Call and have any additional dollars credited to your account after that date. We have added $ to our card while at Disney more than once. A helpful customer service agent will help you get the most out of your rewards :) . Just ask lots of questions. We love using the cards for all of the fun extras that usually nickle and dime us to death.

OK so after reading all these posts this is my understanding;

I get my dollar rewards transferred to a reward card which they will send me. Can I get two separate ones if I ask? I can then spend it anywhere in the parks where they accept credit cards (because essentially it is like a gift card). If I show them my visa credit card then I still get the discount (if they offer the discount). Is this right? Am I missing anything? Thank you all for your help.
Pippi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter