• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney retires Donald Duck

Kissimmee

Two Timer
Disney Restructuring Animation Division
Anaheim Post Staff Reporter Carol Riggs
email; link; comment;
Updated 10:15AM EDT

With the continuing consolidation of PIXAR with Disney's traditional animation department efforts to reduce costs and redundancies have culminated in the elimination of many Disney favorites. Undoubtedly the most startling revelation is that Donald and Daisy Duck will be retired.

<Photo: Donald's first appearance The Wise Little Hen (Silly Symphonies), 1934>

New Productions and merchandising have been given a list of 217 characters that will no longer be used. The artistic talents related to these characters will be offered early retirement, buyouts or reassigned to other areas.

In recognition of the expected backlash as fans of the eliminated characters react, Disney is offering a limited edition farewell tribute collection.

Some have suggested that this is just a marketing ploy much like the Disney habit of withdrawing popular videos from the market for a generation to freshen their appeal.

Disney spokeswoman Alicia Morgan said "I understand how this will impact some fans but these are trying times and these cost saving measures were needed." She went on to add that the large wealth of existing media will still exist and future generations can still enjoy the magic these characters gave us."

As the Duck's #1 fan, this joke is just plain cruelty! :rotfl2: I forgot about April Fool's and thought it was real at first. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter