Disney Restaurant Madness!

Choose (Teppan Edo OR Tokyo Dining) AND (Cape May OR Chef Mickeys) AND (Big River OR ESPN)

• Teppan Edo

Votes: 22 52.4%
  • Tokyo Dining

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Cape May

Votes: 29 69.0%
  • Chef Mickey's

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Big River

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • ESPN

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PlutoTheDog89

DIS Veteran
All,

I had this fun idea. In honor of March Madness, let's have a Restaurant Madness! I was also thinking of doing one for the rides, as well! I could make one if this sees some success!

A little background - I took some time to rank the restaurants 1 through 16 for each "region." Before people jump down my throat, I tried to split up the regions evenly. A 1 seed is the highest seed, a 16 seed is the lowest. So, a 1 seed would be the best, a 16 the worst. Now, just like real March Madness, I'm sure people will disagree with the rankings. Honestly, there's a lot of restaurants that I never even tried. But that's what makes it fun. Everyone will have a chance to vote. I'll do a poll for each round and give a certain allotted time to get your votes in. We'll go round by round!

Here's the bracket: Disney Restaurant Madness.jpg

I apologize if it looks a little grainy. We're going to start with a couple "play in" match-ups. These teams aren't a play-in because they're a bad restaurant, it's simply due to the restaurants either being similar. After all, with 64 spots there are only so many restaurants I could pick. So here we go...

Round: Play-in Match

Teppan Edo vs. Tokyo Dining
Cape May vs. Chef Mickey's
ESPN Zone vs. Big River Grille & Brewing Works

Okay - it looks like I could only add one poll - Mods, is there a way around this??

So, here's how to choose:
Choose Teppan Edeo OR Tokyo Dining
Choose Cape May OR Chef Mickey's
Choose ESPN Zone OR Big River

Last edited:

Okay - it looks like I could only add one poll - Mods, is there a way around this??

Last edited:
I can't even participate. I so disagree with your rankings that I can't even play.
I guess it really is different strokes for different folks,

I can't even participate. I so disagree with your rankings that I can't even play.
I guess it really is different strokes for different folks,

Sorry you feel that way. I didn't take the rankings too seriously. I agree that maybe some restaurants may face one another too early, but I figured that it would all shake itself out. It's meant to be fun - it doesn't mean a restaurant will close if it doesn't win.

All,

I had this fun idea. In honor of March Madness, let's have a Restaurant Madness! I was also thinking of doing one for the rides, as well! I could make one if this sees some success!

A little background - I took some time to rank the restaurants 1 through 16 for each "region." Before people jump down my throat, I tried to split up the regions evenly. A 1 seed is the highest seed, a 16 seed is the lowest. In March Madness, a 1 seed would be the best, a 16 the worst. While I tried to rank the restaurants, don't take the seeds too seriously. Just like real March Madness, I'm sure people will disagree with the rankings. Honestly, there's a lot of restaurants that I never even tried. But that's what makes it fun. Everyone will have a chance to vote. I'll do a poll for each round and give a certain allotted time to get your votes in. We'll go round by round!

Here's the bracket: View attachment 80574

I apologize if it looks a little grainy. We're going to start with a couple "play in" match-ups. These teams aren't a play-in because they're a bad restaurant, it's simply due to the restaurants either being similar. After all, with 64 spots there are only so many restaurants I could pick. So here we go...

I think this is a great idea and should be a lot of fun. Although I haven't eaten at all these places, I will still put my vote in.

Thanks for taking the time to put this together.

I'm in. While my rankings are totally different than yours, I think it should be fun. :thumbsup2

The Play-in game results are in!

The biggest blowout came from Cape May, which took an early 6-0 lead over Chef Mickey's and never looked back! Cape May will move on to play Boatwrights in the round of 64!

Teppan Edo easily cooked Tokyo Dining, winning 22-14! Teppan Edo will move onto the round of 64, where it will face La Hacienda de San Angel!

And last, in the closest matchup, ESPN edges out Big River Grille and will face powerhouse Boma in the round of 64. Onward we go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter