Disney Resorts: Pros & Cons of Each

Okay, I'll phrase it this way: you can stay at a DVC resort as a non-DVC member, but you don't get all the benefits of a DVC member and you pay much more to stay there if you are not a DVC member. So I would not recommend staying there unless you were a DVC member. :-)

Not necessarily verrrry expensive, my family got a discount code so we're staying at a 1-bedroom villa @ AKV Kidani for around $300 per night, which is around the price of a normal deluxe. Yes, the room is originally around $500 per night, but Disney is always sending out codes and stuff so staying at a DVC resort isn't always out of the question.

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;40587490 said:
Not necessarily verrrry expensive, my family got a discount code so we're staying at a 1-bedroom villa @ AKV Kidani for around $300 per night, which is around the price of a normal deluxe. Yes, the room is originally around $500 per night, but Disney is always sending out codes and stuff so staying at a DVC resort isn't always out of the question.

If only I knew that I could include DVC resorts into my list. I'm guessing Bay Lake Tower would be pretty high up and Saratoga since I had a dream about that place and I haven't even seen it before. Its strange. LOL

Out of the ones you chose I'd want to stay at:
Value--PoP. I love Pop Century!!!
Mod--POR
Deluxe--definitely Poly. Although, I never really realized what exactly the Yacht Club was LOL. It looks really nice. I'm going to go look at some pictures :goodvibes

If only I knew that I could include DVC resorts into my list. I'm guessing Bay Lake Tower would be pretty high up and Saratoga since I had a dream about that place and I haven't even seen it before. Its strange. LOL

If you can get your hands on a discount code, go for it and try to get BLT or SSR or wherever you'd like to go (as long as it isn't sold out) :goodvibes

EDIT-
here is one link if you're traveling from may-august. It's for deluxes and deluxe villas.
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy11q3room&market=fy11q3room

yacht & beach
-
oh my god timmy i absolutely love it. i'll find you some pictures of the rooms & views i've had there. you can get boats to epcot and dhs, eat on the boardwalk, lay on the beach, walk to epcot, eat in the yacht or beach club, use stormalong bay (it's SO nice),

our first room's view (we got upgraded :D)
15957_1138730716422_1472018753_30341603_425403_n.jpg

that's the quiet adult pool.

15957_1138732036455_1472018753_30341607_6556614_n.jpg

the view from the lighthouse

15957_1138732076456_1472018753_30341608_2164848_n.jpg

lighthouse

207027_1138734676521_1472018753_30341637_6570702_n.jpg

wedding gazebo from our new room - we saw a wedding :')

15957_1138734596519_1472018753_30341635_5816366_n.jpg

when you looked up from the gazebo.

ohmygosh.
it's lovely being there. you can sit out on the balcony and look over the boardwalk and you hear the boats and the water and it's gorgeous. you can also see the sun rise from behind the boardwalk every morning. and then there's the huge shop in the beach club, with souvenirs, and a bakery and everything. it's like, 2 minutes from the pool, so we always refill our mugs there and get snacks and breakfast when we're by the pool.

YES, STAY THERE.

♫♥MickeyManda♥♫;40596842 said:
If you can get your hands on a discount code, go for it and try to get BLT or SSR or wherever you'd like to go (as long as it isn't sold out) :goodvibes

EDIT-
here is one link if you're traveling from may-august. It's for deluxes and deluxe villas.
http://bookwdw.reservations.disney....mo&promotionCode=fy11q3room&market=fy11q3room

Oh my gosh! Thanks so much! That's like EXACTLY around the time I'd being going if I go and I'm really pushing for those exact resorts, especially the Poly.

Oh my gosh! Thanks so much! That's like EXACTLY around the time I'd being going if I go and I'm really pushing for those exact resorts, especially the Poly.

No problem glad to have helped!
But at the bottom it says that the Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, and the Poly are only 25% off, while the others are 30% off. Not too much of a difference though :thumbsup2

ALSO, please feel free to send me a PM, I would love to help with any parts of the resort planning! I do a lot of the planning for my family, so if you have any questions you can ask :D

Hey!

So I'm 16, gratz on your upcoming birthday :P I spent mine on a cruise with carnival, but my 18th is totally gonna be disney. Anyways, I have been to disney 27 times since I was 8 months so maybe I can give some insight.

1. Polynesian
Never been to stay but I love the resturant, they have a great dinner where they sing and give you lots of yummy food. I have been in the rooms before, they're very nice, but if your walking alone i can be creepy, maybe not as bad for a guy, but for a girl, its kinda scary.

2. Okay so Port Orleans! I have stayed here most of my trips, my family on my mom side is from new orleans so we had high expectations. Anyways! So you don't have carribean beach here, but that has pirate rooms fyi with a bed shaped like a ship, its pretty cool. I love french quater, they have this AMAZING pool that has a guge slide shaped like a dragon. It is super fun! As for riverside, its very mellow, its quite a walk to the big pools and such but the boat rides are CREEPY like you expect to have an alligator pop up. I'm terrified of alligators so it might just be me :P If your planning on having a bunch of friends, I'd do riverside or french quater, cause they have great pools. French is my fave, but thats just me.

3. surprisingly I've never been here, we considered it last trip but it looks kinda boring, I might be wrong, but I like either flashy or eventful places, so places like this are eh for me.

4. I have been to the beach club to visit a room, but I've never stayed, I did like the beaches and cream, super good food, but other than that I didn't see the pull.

5. I LOVE the contemporary, it is a wonderful resort, I prefer the rooms on the sides, there quiter and so nice! they're cheaper too. the food isn't amazing, but truethfully? I don't eat at the place we're staying, we go to resturants or eat at the park. I would go here if only for the awesome rooms, monorail, and chef mickeys.

6. lol read above!

7. Okay so heres where it gets difficult. I do not like the pop, I am prissy and do not enjoy rough sheets, I'll go ahead and put that out there. If you plan on spending ANY time at the resort, expect a major walk to anything. I don't mean like 5min more like 10-15. The food is okay, the place itself is cute, but at our age going up to a water spurt vs. a gigantic slide, yeah no comparison, and I don't feel like there water part is nice enough. just my 2cents.

8. looks nice, not my cup of tea, but then again I really wanna stay at the AKL cause of the AMAZING food there. Maybe it be nice for teenage boys? all butch and such? Not that its bad if girls like it.

9. Okay so heres the thing, I've been to disney a gazzilion times, but I've only spent about 6min at the boardwalk, just enough time to switch boats. its kinda odd, maybe cause my parents didn't feel like drinking, and we already have food planned. dunno but I've heard this place is nice but it isn't in the 'loop' and is more of an excusion then a place to sleep and park.

10. Alright! so the GFL is my friends fave place, his parents are super rich and he lives like 5min away from disney. Does that give you an idea of the place? Its beautiful and its character breakfast is fantastic! but it is far too frou frou for even me.

Personally, if I were bringing friends (which I will in 2 years!) I would go to contemporary or AKL just because I like them. But if I had to go cheaper I'd go french quarter. It all depends on what you plan on doing! Anyways if you want any more insight, maybe for food or such just pm me :D I have insider knowledge :P

Thanks!
Hev

Contemporary- staying at the DVC this August but I know that its very convenient to MK. Epcot

Hope the feedback helps, sorry I don't have more info for some of the resorts

I stayed at the contemporary (bay lake towers) about a year ago! it was amazing and totally convent and my family loved it. i was so nice to be able to walk to MK and take the monorail.

Their were only a couple problems I had, it was kind of a long bus ride to AK (but what can you to about that) :) but the biggest problem for me was when we were eating at the CS their were always birds inside from the monorail, and i am terrified of birds:scared1:, so it was hard to contain myself when we were all eating. But other than that i would have to say it was one of my favorite places to stay at:)

Hope this helps you

1. POLYNESIAN. Timmy, you know this is my home resort. I love it and I think it's the best resort in all of Disney. The rooms are awesome, the pool is cool, the beaches are the best of the three monorail resorts. And watching the fireworks from the beach... <3 It is really expensive, but totally worth it!

2. PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE. We stayed here in November '09. It was pretty and you probably read my TR on it. Ehhhhhhhhh... it's big and you have to do a lot of walking

3. CORONADO SPRINGS. It was nice. We stayed here in... February... '10? '09? I don't remember, haha. But it was okay.

4. CONTEMPORARY. Love it! It's my least favorite of the monorail resorts, but it's very modern.

5. POP CENTURY. Best value I've ever stayed at, I loved it there!

6. GRAND FLORIDIAN. I'm surprised it's even on your list! Most boys don't like to stay there. But I loved it- and our free MK view upgrade! It's so pretty there but the pools are just okay. They've got the best CMs working there though, that's for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter