Disney Resort 1 BR suite (affordable)

Which of the resorts have 1 BR suites and are any of them affordable?

True hotel suites are rarely discounted and pricey. It is very possible to get a decent-to-good deal paying cash for a 1br Disney Vacation Club resort room, though. The difference is that for a hotel suite, you are usually just talking about a hotel room with a separate sitting room/living room. Some may have a kitchenette, but I don't recall if any do or not. A DVC 1br has a private bedroom with king bed, whirlpool tub, a full kitchen, washer/dryer, living/dining area with sofa sleeper. Some (Bay Lake Tower and Animal Kingdom Kidani Village) have an extra full bath and a twin-sized sleeper chair in the living room.

I researched all the suites and the least expensive is All Star Music Family Suites. I am paying between $200-$300/nt. for Feb/March ("regular" and "peak" rate seasons). You'll get the separate bedroom, sleep sofa and sleeper chair in living room, 2 baths and a kitchenette. Or, like PP said, you can check out the DVC villas but I think those are more expensive.

You can look at the rent/trade board for DVC and possibly get a 1BR unit for less than the cash price of a 1BR unit. I have not used this as I am a DVC member, but I have heard it works. Typical rent per point $10. Example AKV 1 br savana view is 34 points per night(summer 2010), but if you were paying cash it would be $535 per night...$195 savings per night.

Just a thought to help!

With the 40% promotion for rooms right now, you can get some 1 br suites that show up.

Which of the resorts have 1 BR suites and are any of them affordable?

There are differences between suites and villas. A one bedroom suite is much different from a one bedroom villa. Villas include full kitchens (studios only have kitchenettes) and a washer and dryer in the villa (again not in the studio). Suites usually don't have the kitchen (may have a dining area) and no washer and dryer.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have tried to use every code imaginable. The problem is we are going in Dec and on a weekend and I have come to the conclusion that codes are not applicable then. I will keep trying though. Right now I have a good rate at the Dolphin but only a regular room. We are traveling with a 1 yr old so would be nice for the separate bedroom for nap and such.

I'm not sure what your dates are in December, but I just ran a quick search including Dec. 17 - 19 which is a weekend and found some 1BR villas with a 40% off code. Don't know if you had a particular resort in mind, but there are definitely some discounted rooms out there.

Can I ask what website you do the codes on? I have called them and could not get any discounts. We will be there Dec 10 and Dec 11 checking out on the 12th.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I have tried to use every code imaginable. The problem is we are going in Dec and on a weekend and I have come to the conclusion that codes are not applicable then. I will keep trying though. Right now I have a good rate at the Dolphin but only a regular room. We are traveling with a 1 yr old so would be nice for the separate bedroom for nap and such.

Call and ask if the Dolphin has any suites available for your dates. I was able to get an executive suite for 50% rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter