• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Rerservations not so good

When I called to add a room onto our June reservation it took 45 minutes! The CM accidently added 2 rooms giving us 3 total then ended up having to cancel all the rooms and starting from scratch.
I have tried to access my reservation online but it tells me that my reservation has been canceled. I called to confirm that everything is ok which it is. This happened with my March and June reservation. Anyone have any idea why? Both reservations were made with an AP code on the phone.

We booked and never received our confirmation in the mail. So I called up just to check on it and they had the wrong zip code. I don't know if that was the problem or not but I got a confirmation in the mail not too long after that!

I would check, double and triple check the confirmations you get in the mail. Better safe then sorry!

::MinnieMo

We're one of those "new" Disney visitors who now won't be able to get the rooms we wanted because now, after several phone calls, the king rooms are no longer available at the discounted rate. Each CM had a different response as to if we could get connecting rooms with a king and two doubles. Eventually, the last CM said we were fine with what we had - it's two standard rooms. It was so confusing and frustrating.

Does anyone fax the resort a few days before to hopefully get what they'd really like or need (I need no-smoking since we have an asthmatic child - it doesn't show up on our reservation that we received in the mail). Does this work?

Most of the CM's were very pleasant - even on that very busy day when the discount codes were released and it was the end of the day. My hat's off to them. It was the most recent CM's I've dealt with that were so unfriendly and unhelpful - I have a son with a food allergy and they were not pleasant at all. One even left me on hold for over 10 minutes so I gave up and called back! The second couldn't help me either and transferred me over to someone in Dining (thought that was where I was in the first place!) Anyway, I'm sure it's a tough job - frustrating at times. It's just very difficult to spend that much time on the phone with three little boys wanting your attention, too;)

They have been slacking lately. I have had 2 bad experiences. Easter weekend we made the mistake of booking off property (I don't know what we were thinking!) Well, after checking into our horrible room and spending all of 3 minutes in it (smoke room, we booked non smoking), we were told there were no rooms to switch us to as the hotel was sold out. I freaked out because Disney was our first choice and they were booked solid. Well, my wonderful DH made be get on the phone immed and we booked a 2 nite stay at the Beach club-my fav and went to check in.
Imagine my surprise the next morning when my bill was under the door! I called the front desk immediately only to be told that the reservation made the night before was only for 1 nite and they couldn't extend my stay since the hotel was sold out! I had a fit at 8am that morning....I was in their bed and I wasn't going anywhere! Long story short, they put me thru to CM and we were able to get into a one bed villa at BC villas for the same price of our room (I was shocked!) and it wasn't that big of a deal.

I just booked PO Riverside for next weekend as a surprise trip for my kids and they booked it supposedly under a fl resd discount. I called from work. They then called my HOUSE, where my 12 year old answered (thank God he can't take a message to save his life!) When I called them back they said they needed my AAA number for the discount I booked?? I am not a AAA member-then they said no more fl resd discounts avail. At least I was able to trick my son into thinking the call was about our upcoming cruise in June so it will still be a surprise but I just not know what's going on over there anymore!
:confused:

mom7011
I am sending good thoughts your way that you get the correct rooms. My situations was similiar to yours. We booked 2 rooms at CSR, connecting, 2 doubles or one king two doubles. I didn't care which- the rate was great!! I was sooo excited. I met our budget!!!
Then the confirmation arrived- two kings, non-connecting. Long story short...no guarantee of connecting rooms (for my 2 teens and us), no connecting king beds. They said kings are not near each other. And no rooms left at code rate. They told me to call back- I did every day for two weeks. No rooms at that rate. No guarantee of connecting rooms( they said I had a 50-50 chance.)
We are staying offsite for the first time.
Cathy:mad: :confused:

I do have to agree the profile thing is very upsetting. We had friends join us 3 years ago for 2 nights and now they are a permanment part of the family.

I have told them and told them, they will not be coming with us on future trips and are not part of the immediate family, just friends.

It is very annoying.

What's up with the phantom Kevin? We had a Kevin appear in our file right after Disney consolidated their booking systems! Took 3 different CMs to get him out of there! We also had an incorrect phone number (not remotely similar to ours) in our file.

We had one maddening experience last fall that ended up costing us an AP discount, but in general the CMs doing ressies do a remarkable job. They do have a few bugs to work out yet - there seems to be a lot of inconsistency as to who has what information. And yes, the whole profile thing is kind of annoying, but I think that the more patient we are on our end, the more patient the CMs are. The CM who did my ressie for May checked the calendar over under sideways and down, day by day, for the various codes we qualified for and different dates that were available to us. She was terrific. Just keep reminding yourself that you're going to Disney World and a few minutes on the phone will be well worth it!

Originally posted by steveanddonna
What's up with the phantom Kevin? We had a Kevin appear in our file right after Disney consolidated their booking systems! Took 3 different CMs to get him out of there! We also had an incorrect phone number (not remotely similar to ours) in our file./B]

ROTFL!!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Ubiquitous!

That's exactly what I was thinking!;) Several posters seem to have this "Kevin" hitchhiker added to their res. Maybe there's a cm trying to sneak in with y'all!!:teeth:

Originally posted by cheermom
mom7011
I am sending good thoughts your way that you get the correct rooms. My situations was similiar to yours. We booked 2 rooms at CSR, connecting, 2 doubles or one king two doubles. I didn't care which- the rate was great!! I was sooo excited. I met our budget!!!
Then the confirmation arrived- two kings, non-connecting. Long story short...no guarantee of connecting rooms (for my 2 teens and us), no connecting king beds. They said kings are not near each other. And no rooms left at code rate. They told me to call back- I did every day for two weeks. No rooms at that rate. No guarantee of connecting rooms( they said I had a 50-50 chance.)
We are staying offsite for the first time.
Cathy:mad: :confused:
I had a similar situation, but it not only involved the 2 king beds that don't connect, but also a missing family member. It took forever to fix it, but I had a great CM (this time). She played around with the dates and found out 6/7 nights were available at the BBY discount rate for the standard rooms, just the first night was not (so I got AAA for that night). I was really happy to have had a CM that went the extra mile for me. :teeth: I know it's too late for you, but if that ever happens again, see if you can get most of your nights at the discount rate. The average cost may not be everything you were hoping for, but at least you still get to stay on-site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter