Disney Release Schedule for 2015-2017

kayemgi

DIS Veteran
Didn't see this posted yet and thought it might be of interest. Disney has announced their release schedule for the next two years. Here's the article link.

Disney-Theatrical-Release-Schedule-700x525.jpg

List of releases (taken from the article for anyone who doesn't want to click through):
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron – 5/1/15
  • Tomorrowland – 5/22/15
  • Inside Out – 6/19/15
  • Ant-Man – 7/17/15
  • Bridge of Spies – 10/16/15
  • The Good Dinosaur – 11/25/15
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens – 12/18/15
  • The Finest Hours – 1/29/16
  • Zootopia – 3/4/16
  • The Jungle Book – 4/15/16
  • Captain America: Civil War – 5/6/16
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass – 5/27/16
  • Finding Dory – 6/17/16
  • The BFG – 7/1/16
  • Pete’s Dragon – 8/12/16
  • Doctor Strange – 11/4/16
  • Moana – 11/23/16
  • Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One – 12/16/16
  • Beauty and the Beast – 3/17/17
  • Ghost in the Shell – 4/14/17
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – 5/5/17
  • Star Wars: Episode VIII – 5/26/17
  • Toy Story 4 – 6/16/17
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – 7/7/17

Attachments

• SUfC0fz.jpg
    SUfC0fz.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
A lot from lucasfilm and marvel. Also a lot of sequels. I am excited about what Pixar can bring with their upcoming movies. Either way Disney will have some huge huge movies on their hands for the next two years.

Good to see some of those logos I hadn't previously seen. The next couple years are shaping up well!

Lol...

They're gloating...

Nobody's above it...apparently.

To be fair...that list is what Iger has set his mind too...he's been dead on in that sphere.

Now if you'll excuse me... I have to go book my GF concierge rooms (mk view... Of course!) for Star Wars weekends 2017 ;)

Star Wars episode VIII is out in May 2017? Wow, seems like they're pushing the envelope there.

Star Wars episode VIII is out in May 2017? Wow, seems like they're pushing the envelope there.
Well I believe they wanted this next one out in May but it got pushed back. Episode 9 should then come in May 2019.

I'm surprised I really haven't seen much about Tomorrowland, considering it's opening in a month... I feel like we've been drowning in Avengers merch for-EVER now, and it's only 3 weeks ahead of it (NOT that I'm complaining-I'll swim in a sea of Avengers any day!!! :) )

5 movies in 5 years...
That's really worrisome. As it seems to be a more "quick buck" approach than I would like...

No worries...I'm sure Iger is much more concerned with the longterm quality of Disney product than his impending retirement

I think they moved it to not compete with themselves...

Fear robert Downey Jr...

But the good part of that is that they kept basically the same production schedule... So it's allowing 6 extra months that you hope they'll use to fix problems/make it better.

Kathy Kennedy is a smart lady.

I'm surprised I really haven't seen much about Tomorrowland, considering it's opening in a month... I feel like we've been drowning in Avengers merch for-EVER now, and it's only 3 weeks ahead of it (NOT that I'm complaining-I'll swim in a sea of Avengers any day!!! :) )
Tomorrowland has had a lot of hype, they just released another trailer last week. They have a very interactive mobile website that is pretty cool. The pin for the movie is a hot ticket, they have an extended preview in disney,and and epcot for the movie as well.

Uninspired.
Nothing?

I'm looking forward to Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Star Wars of course, The avengers, I think tomorrowland is very promising, Moana could be huge for them. The other marvel movies don't interest me all that well. Pixar really hasn't had a bad movie ever, the monster prequel maybe. The only thing I wish they had was more original content instead of so many sequeals and remakes. I'm a big Petes Dragon and Jungle book fan so I am interested to see what they can do there.

Nothing?

I'm looking forward to Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, Star Wars of course, The avengers, I think tomorrowland is very promising, Moana could be huge for them. The other marvel movies don't interest me all that well. Pixar really hasn't had a bad movie ever, the monster prequel maybe. The only thing I wish they had was more original content instead of so many sequeals and remakes. I'm a big Petes Dragon and Jungle book fan so I am interested to see what they can do there.

I agree, I think aside from the Marvel and Star Wars franchises, Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, and Moana all look pretty interesting! And my husband is pretty excited about Pete's Dragon and The Jungle Book. I'm looking forward to the next few years of Disney movies.

My reaction. Stuff I am already planning to see in bold.
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron – Already got my tickets.
  • Tomorrowland – Looks awesome.
  • Inside Out – Looks funny.
  • Ant-Man – I'll see it because it's MCU. But Ant-Man is stupid.
  • Bridge of Spies – Never heard of it.
  • The Good Dinosaur – Don't know anything about it besides it's about a dinosaur.
  • Star Wars: The Force AwakensIs it December 18th yet?!?!?!?!
  • The Finest Hours – Never heard of it.
  • Zootopia – I assume this is a DisneyNature movie.
  • The Jungle Book – Ugh. Live action remake.
  • Captain America: Civil War – Cap vs Iron-Man. Count me in!
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass – *sigh*
  • Finding Dory – Yeah, I'll watch it.
  • The BFG – Ugh. My wife is gonna be ticked off.
  • Pete’s Dragon – LEAVE MY MOVIE ALONE!
  • Doctor Strange – If I liked men, I'd be hot for Benedict Cumberbatch.
  • Moana – Never heard of it.
  • Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One – TAKE MY MONEY!
  • Beauty and the Beast – Just stop now.
  • Ghost in the Shell – Well, it's a live action manga, so it will probably stink. But ScarJo's in it, so...
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – I am Groot.
  • Star Wars: Episode VIII – TAKE EVEN MORE OF MY MONEY!
  • Toy Story 4 – I am totally in for another sequel.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – ah hahahahaha! This is still a thing?

My reaction. Stuff I am already planning to see in bold.
  • Avengers: Age of Ultron – Already got my tickets.
  • Tomorrowland – Looks awesome.
  • Inside Out – Looks funny.
  • Ant-Man – I'll see it because it's MCU. But Ant-Man is stupid.
  • Bridge of Spies – Never heard of it.
  • The Good Dinosaur – Don't know anything about it besides it's about a dinosaur.
  • Star Wars: The Force AwakensIs it December 18th yet?!?!?!?!
  • The Finest Hours – Never heard of it.
  • Zootopia – I assume this is a DisneyNature movie.
  • The Jungle Book – Ugh. Live action remake.
  • Captain America: Civil War – Cap vs Iron-Man. Count me in!
  • Alice Through the Looking Glass – *sigh*
  • Finding Dory – Yeah, I'll watch it.
  • The BFG – Ugh. My wife is gonna be ticked off.
  • Pete’s Dragon – LEAVE MY MOVIE ALONE!
  • Doctor Strange – If I liked men, I'd be hot for Benedict Cumberbatch.
  • Moana – Never heard of it.
  • Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One – TAKE MY MONEY!
  • Beauty and the Beast – Just stop now.
  • Ghost in the Shell – Well, it's a live action manga, so it will probably stink. But ScarJo's in it, so...
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 2 – I am Groot.
  • Star Wars: Episode VIII – TAKE EVEN MORE OF MY MONEY!
  • Toy Story 4 – I am totally in for another sequel.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – ah hahahahaha! This is still a thing?
Good dinosaur is Pixar and is basically about what if the asteroid never hit earth and the dinosaurs lived. Zootopia is a Disney animated film. Moana is the best Disney princess movie. This will be the last pirates movie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter