• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Recipe Swap, Part 3 and Recipe Dividers

Cool! Thank you for adding me. I'll get to work on these asap!

I just noticed that the recipe I was going to use was used in the last swap. I will switch my recipe to Chilled Orange and Mango soup. Which, btw, is delish! :)

Checking in. I have most of my supplies and I have a pretty good idea what I'm doing. :rotfl2:

Hello! I haven't checked in in a while, but I'm still here. I just completed the Eat Around the World Swap, so I am going to get to work on this one! I'll probably start after Mother's Day so that I can make mom's gift first.

Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile. Life has been completely insane, but I will be shopping for this one tomorrow and will buckle down and get these done by the deadline...:)

I found enough stuff to do one set of dividers :goodvibes: My cardstock is ordered and (hopefully) on the way, shouldn't take me too long once it gets here as I know what I'm doing.

I hadn't checked in...but I'm finished with one and only have a couple to do on the other. (ran out of something and had to get more) lol

Tracy

I'm waiting for one set of my dividers to dry from inking them. It's that metallic ink that takes forever to dry.

What are we making for the tab part? My Cricut won't cut small enough to put Main Dishes on a file folder sized tab and I don't have rub ons or stamps small enough either. What is everyone else doing?

Ok so this is my first rodeo with these recipe things and I bought a new printer and I downloaded the brand new Windows....And I'm just frustrated.
What size font is best and how does one format small enough???
Do I need to set my margins a certain way.
I'm so lost. Please someone help!!!!

I cut tab shapes with my Xyron PCS and printed out the words small (8 point I think) and cut them into suitable rectangles and stuck them to the tabs. that sounds a bit weird but they work OK (I think!). The tabs are only about 1cm tall (or less) by about 3.5cm - Dising from work so i don't have them by me.

But if it hadn't worked OK plan B was to fold a square in half ;-)

Disneyrider, here's how I do my printing.

1. Type up (or copy and paste) text into word.

2. OPen a powerpoint document and put dividing lines to divide the page into 4 (portrait) or 3 (landscape) depending on how long/complex the recipe is.

3. Copy and paste recipe into one section of the powerpoint document and adjust the font and size - Ariel 10 is nice and neat, but play around for what suits.

4. Once it fits in one section copy and paste into the other sections.

This gets you 3 or 4 recipes oout of 1 sheet A4 cardstock with minimal wastage - I can't print bigger but if you can I'm sure someone will have a formula for that!

Like Mazda, I type up the recipe first on just a normal page. I judge from there which way I should go, 2 or 3 columns while in landscape or can I get 4 squares (using 2 columns & spacing) to a portrait page.

I've had to go as small as pt 8 in Ariel narrow.

I like using the landscape best as it is already oriented to the way most of us make our pages - the 8-1/2 down with the 5-1/2 width (in this case it is doubled so a minimum of 2 recipes to view)

If you want to PM your email addy again, I can send you some examples I did in Word.

I cut tab shapes with my Xyron PCS and printed out the words small (8 point I think) and cut them into suitable rectangles and stuck them to the tabs. that sounds a bit weird but they work OK (I think!). The tabs are only about 1cm tall (or less) by about 3.5cm - Dising from work so i don't have them by me.

But if it hadn't worked OK plan B was to fold a square in half ;-)

Thanks Mazda!

I also format mine in Landscape view-minimum two columns. Sometimes more depending on the recipe. As for fonts and such-I downloaded a bunch from fontface.com so I play around with what I've got to find a font, then adjust the size as necessary. It depends on your idea for your recipe lay-out, too, on how you want it to look. But if you set everything up in landscape with at least two columns, you'll at least know it fits!

The landscape option helps I'm not wasting as much paper...
But FYI I'm in love with the new Officce 2007!!!! Soooo user friendly. I got the student /Home version and I have it free til July I think I'm gonna buy it when I get my free money from Uncle sam ;)
Thanks for the help ladies.

UGH! I can't find my chickens. I bought these great country chickens with matching boarder stickers and I can't find them anywhere. I've gone through all the drawers, all the paper shelves, both sticker binders and all the cabinets.
Guess I'll have to come up with some other idea now. :sad1:

does anyone know where I can find the Pink Leilani, Coral Isle Cafe
recipe???
I've been looking for it and I can't find it.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter