Disney, reactivate my stainless steel refillable mug please.

If they really care about being green they will find a way to do this.

Yes, If they had a bring back your old mug and reactivite for 10 bucks program, just think how many cases of soda would no longer be delivered to bell services. Win win on green program all around...but we both know it wouldn't happen.

Last edited:
This is a huge gripe of mine..... we did 4 trips within the course of a year, got a dining plan for 3 of them, and of those 3 trips 2 were split stays (so, a mug per resort).... for a total of 10 mugs between me and my husband in a year...... There is NO need for that many mugs, Disney PLEASE find a way to reactivate them, it really can't be that hard!!!!

This is a huge gripe of mine..... we did 4 trips within the course of a year, got a dining plan for 3 of them, and of those 3 trips 2 were split stays (so, a mug per resort).... for a total of 10 mugs between me and my husband in a year...... There is NO need for that many mugs, Disney PLEASE find a way to reactivate them, it really can't be that hard!!!!

Do you have to take the mug from the second resort? I thought a mug is activated for 2 weeks, so matter how long your stay is.

I've only done dining plan once about 10 years ago, so I have no idea. And although we bought mugs since then, we are now ones that get a case of soda delivered instead of buying mugs.

So forgive my ignorance...they have refillable stainless mugs? Or you just got a nice Disney stainless mug and wish they’d make those the refillable ones? I could possibly be interested in that but, as others have said, not another plastic one. Thx!

I would post a pic if I knew how LOL..but boy do I feel your pain! Just yesterday I finally tallied all of the refillable mugs we have amassed since our family trips began in 2004. Minus a few that we gave away and/or were left behind at college dorms, our grand total was 105!!!!!!! I promise I'm not exaggerating. I took a picture of them all together, then kept one of each kind and donated the rest. Well, I kept the multiples we had of "special" ones: resort specific Contemporary Resort and Port Orleans, Year of a Million Dreams, and the newer Christmas ones. I really, really wish they'd come up with a plan to be able to re use them!!!

So forgive my ignorance...they have refillable stainless mugs? Or you just got a nice Disney stainless mug and wish they’d make those the refillable ones? I could possibly be interested in that but, as others have said, not another plastic one. Thx!

They have a Star Wars themed metal cup. It’s more expensive than the plastic ones and bigger. And it’s fabulous.

Would have sworn you can reactivate the mugs. Costs the same as a new mug, but you’re doing the world and yourself and your cabinet space a favor.

Do you have to take the mug from the second resort? I thought a mug is activated for 2 weeks, so matter how long your stay is.

At the time I thought the mugs were resort specific, so when we switched resorts I thought I HAD to get a new mug

I have the skyliner mug. It was a $10 up charge on the dining plan. It holds a larger serving too.

I think we will upgrade to this best trip. Greatly prefer it to plastic. I hadn’t thought about reactivating it on next trip but I would prefer to do that over paying extra for a new one.

I’ve had my mug for two months and use it daily. It still looks brand new and is comparable to a Yeti mug. Buying another is extra waste. Don’t get me started on plastic. I’d pay the price of a plastic mug to have it reactivated.

Thoughts? 🐸💚

What a great idea! Seems like a no-brainer.

Love the thought of stainless but I struggle with grip so a handle is a must for me. As much as I hate plastic, I’ll have to stick with it until they have stainless with a handle.

We had a refillable mug for Typhoon Lagoon many years ago. We got it for free when my daughter was picked as the Big Kahuna. We took it back every year we went to TL and just had to buy the sticker for the refills. One year the mugs changed and we would have had to buy a new mug which we didn't because they were smaller and we didn't see the need for it. But they still had the sticker you could buy for future refills for the new mug. I don't know why they can't do that with the rest of the refillable mugs. Would make so much more sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter