"Disney Rash" - I only get it at one park. Anyone else?

I get it too, but only at Epcot. It doesn't matter how long I am there for or what season. I've gotten it in the middle of the winter while wearing jeans and on hot September/October days while wearing shorts. It is definitely an allergic reaction to something only found in Epcot for me - although it looks the same as everyone's pictures. It actually happened to me last February. We were in FL for a wedding. The day after the wedding, DH and I drove over to Disney to meet up with his sister who is a cast member for lunch. We walked into Epcot through the International Gateway and had lunch in France. After lunch, we left. Was in Epcot for maybe 2 hours. Didn't walk anywhere EXCEPT from the beach club over to France and the rash appeared! I was wearing a pair of capris so the lower half of my legs were exposed, but it was not hot and the sun wasn't shining.

OK, so could it be what they mix with water to pressure wash their walkways is an irritant to those of us with sensitive skin? It seems every morning at RD walkways look like it rained the night before and are drying. Perhaps they use something that is a light enviro sensitive (or not!) detergent of some sort in addition to water to spray down the walks and make them look so clean? I mean with all that foot traffic/strollers/segways/EVCs/wheel chairs how can they be so pristine all the time without skids/tracks dirt using only water? Perhaps when the sun hits whatever it is that makes it even worse? Like some evaporation/minor fumes thing...

Another thought is the FL water - I keep hearing how highly chlorinated FL water is compared to other places. I do notice it at my inlaws. I am a civil engineer so this idea and the super clean concrete intrigue me as a "disney rash" sufferer too! Or is it just the surface blood-vessel-golfers-vasculitis-thing and we are giving this entirely too much thought! :confused3:blush::bitelip:

Just a different idea since it is most often found on the ankles above the sock line but not up to the knees/thighs.

Sydnerella's Mama

OK, so could it be what they mix with water to pressure wash their walkways is an irritant to those of us with sensitive skin? It seems every morning at RD walkways look like it rained the night before and are drying. Perhaps they use something that is a light enviro sensitive (or not!) detergent of some sort in addition to water to spray down the walks and make them look so clean? I mean with all that foot traffic/strollers/segways/EVCs/wheel chairs how can they be so pristine all the time without skids/tracks dirt using only water? Perhaps when the sun hits whatever it is that makes it even worse? Like some evaporation/minor fumes thing...

Another thought is the FL water - I keep hearing how highly chlorinated FL water is compared to other places. I do notice it at my inlaws. I am a civil engineer so this idea and the super clean concrete intrigue me as a "disney rash" sufferer too! Or is it just the surface blood-vessel-golfers-vasculitis-thing and we are giving this entirely too much thought! :confused3:blush::bitelip:

Just a different idea since it is most often found on the ankles above the sock line but not up to the knees/thighs.

Sydnerella's Mama
This is what I was thinking also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter