Disney Quest

TheMorgans

Mouseketeer
We have never visited Disney Quest during any of our visits. I cannot find much info about it. What can I expect?

Is there an additional charge for each attraction?
Is this something teens would enjoy?
We will be there the end of September, what can we expect as far as wait times?
How long does it take to experience all of it?
Do I need a plan?
What is the best time of day to go?

We've been here 3 times now. It really is a lot of fun, especially if you have a video game lover in your group. One time we even brought my DM, who is not into video games and she LOVED it! In fact she said it was one of the highlights of her trip.

Is there an additional charge for each attraction? Not really, there is a design your own toy and a music recording thing that if you want you can purchase what you make, but you don't have to.

Is this something teens would enjoy? YES!!! I have 11 and 14yo and they love it! They pretty much have every video game (both current and vintage) and some virtual games as well. Definately do the Pirates attraction! So fun!

We will be there the end of September, what can we expect as far as wait times? Not sure, we have done November all 3X

How long does it take to experience all of it? A few hours is enough, we usually do this and shopping on our last day and we usually spend about 3 hours here.

Do I need a plan? Don't think so, we never have, but suggest going on the Pirates whenever there isn't a long line, the wait can be a little long sometimes.

What is the best time of day to go? We have always done when it opens and it hasn't been crowded, I would think it would be crowded on weekends and at night.

Is there an additional charge for each attraction? There is a charge for the ticket to get in and then most of the attractions are free. There are maybe one or two things (like an instant photo booth, etc) that cost money, but those are the exception not the rule.
Is this something teens would enjoy? YEAH! Especially if they're into video games
We will be there the end of September, what can we expect as far as wait times? I'm not sure, we've only been twice, but I don't remember waiting long for much of anything. The build your own coaster was the longest, but once you built a coaster you could ride it again later with a much shorter wait.
How long does it take to experience all of it? We spent the whole day there both times and never saw a reason to leave. You can see it all in less than a day, but you won't be bored if you decide to hang around.
Do I need a plan? IMO, no. We don't use plans for the parks either. Know what you have to do, want to do, and don't care to do and go from there.
What is the best time of day to go? Like I said, we spent the whole day there, but I imagine most people come later in the day.

We have always enjoyed it. I never found it crowded and it is great as a rainy day activity....have fun!

September means less crowds for everthing. Disney Quest is usually a half day of my nonpark day. I always do one of Waterparks to start the day, lunch there or back at the Resort then over to DTD for the afternoon and evening with Disney Quest, then Dinner and maybe a movie ir just shopping.

If you are planning a Waterpark or both along with Disney Quest (or more than one trip to DQ) make sure to add the Water Parks and More option to your tickets. The is Food service inside of DQ if you start midmorning and need a lunch break.

We did this for the first time today. We have premium passers so thought we'd give it a try. It was cool and looked fun, but it was so crowded. There's was a huge line for all the main attractions and most of the video games were full. If I had paid full price, I would have been ticked.

That being said, it was a weekend and the parks are all 10 out of 10 on touring plans. So I wasn't too surprised.

It seems like it would be a lot of fun when less busy.

Does anyone know how busy it normally is?

We have gone in May and in June. Some waits for the bigger 'attractions' like the Pirate ride but lots of game machines were available except for one day in June (might have been a weekend; don't remember). We enjoyed it with teens and just as adults.

Someone mentioned it as a good rainy-day activity and I agree, but it also a good hot-summer-day activity. Especially a hot-summer-day-with-a-nasty-sunburn activity! If you have over-indulged in the Florida sunshine, you may spend the next few days sleeping in, playing in DisneyQuest in the afternoon, and then going to an EMH park after dark. Ask me how I know this.

We are thinking about stopping by in about a month for the first time. Interested in hearing more! :goodvibes

We just did Disney Quest for the first time and I have to say I didn't think it was worth the cost to get in, but we enjoyed our time there. Our APs had expired, so we had two days to fill with other activities and the kids picked this one.

We went early afternoon on a nice day and it wasn't crowded, but we had to wait for some of the things.

My DS is 12 and loves to game, but a majority of the machines were oldies (pac man, donkey kong, etc.) My DH and I enjoyed playing all the old games we grew up on, but they were rather disappointing for my DS and DD.

There were quite a few things the 4 of us could all do at the same time, our 2 favorites:
1. Driving game where 10 - 12 people can all race against one another and that was a lot of fun. There was never a line for this, so we stayed and just kept racing each other.
2. 4 person Pac-Man - this was a lot of fun to play as a family! All our competitive sides came out :rolleyes1

Can someone tell me the cost of the music CD you can make and then purchase? I believe there is also a animation drawing you can purchase from the "class" too, would like to know the cost of this as well if anyone knows. I am trying to work on my budget and this would help a lot.

Can someone tell me the cost of the music CD you can make and then purchase? I believe there is also a animation drawing you can purchase from the "class" too, would like to know the cost of this as well if anyone knows. I am trying to work on my budget and this would help a lot.

I have the same question, My boys saw the animation class on the Disney Channel and are interested in doing it. They are 8.

Does anyone know how busy it normally is?

We go every trip and find that it pretty much mimics the parks as far as crowds go. Quite honestly, I think the price of admission keeps a lot of people out.

Last September it was dead except for where there are usually lines (Astroblasters, Cyberspace Mountain, etc), but the lines are short.

In January, it was only busy on weekends and fairly dead on weekdays.

In March (St Paddy's Day) it was busy, but we were able to find games to play without trouble. At night it was filled with rowdy drunks that were a bit much to handle, but it was a drinking holiday.

In April (around the 20th), it was dead one day (the sunny day), but busy on a rainy day.

Usually we find specific floors to be more busy than others. Since you don't pay for any of the games, sometimes there are people who loiter on them for longer than one game. I'm totally guilty of this as well, but when I'm the one waiting, usually I just find something else to do.

There are pinball machines, skee ball, old-school video games, new video games, interactive games, air hockey, bumper cars-- basically the list goes on. It's a giant arcade. And they have a decent little cafe with food, soda, beer and wine for the adults. It's fun for the little ones and for adults.

We're in our 30's and love going. That being said, without our AP's and not knowing what was inside, we couldn't ever justify the $45 cost. Now after having actually gone, I think that if we ever did let our APs lapse, we'd still go to DQ even paying the admission-- we'd just want to stay longer than our usual 2 hours.

Is there an additional charge for each attraction?
No, just the entrance fee. There is a couple things that you get to create things and if you want to purchase them, it would be an extra cost.
Is this something teens would enjoy?
If they are into video games, definitely. DBF and I enjoyed it, and we are past our teen years :rotfl:

We will be there the end of September, what can we expect as far as wait times?
We were also there in September, wait times weren't bad at all, it wasn't super crowded.

How long does it take to experience all of it?
We went at night when the 1/2 off ticket prices started...so a few hours.

Do I need a plan?
No, you can pretty much wing it!

What is the best time of day to go?
Like I said before, we went at night when the tickets were 1/2 off, don't think we would pay full price to go here.

This might not affect you at all, but just in case (or for anyone reading), Disney Quest does not allow strollers. We didn't realize this, or I would have brought my wrap with me.

Ok, I'll prepare to get bashed, but we went last August and didn't think it was worth the money at all. It seems to me that all the hi tech games (Aladdin, Pirates, etc.) seem really dated. In this day and age when video games on the consoles and computers are redone every year with super realistic graphics, these just didn't live up to it.

I just wasn't impressed with it and thought the long lines for cyber space mountain weren't worth the hassle.

Save you money.

Ok, I'll prepare to get bashed, but we went last August and didn't think it was worth the money at all. It seems to me that all the hi tech games (Aladdin, Pirates, etc.) seem really dated. In this day and age when video games on the consoles and computers are redone every year with super realistic graphics, these just didn't live up to it.

I just wasn't impressed with it and thought the long lines for cyber space mountain weren't worth the hassle.

Save you money.

i almost agree !!! we did go later at night when it was only 20 bucks to get in. i thought it was a good deal for 20 bucks not regular admission.

It sounds like it's mostly worth it if you get the WP&M option already. We're planning to spend a fair bit of time here on our next trip so definitely looking for tips and tricks:) When working out my itinerary - it looked awesome for that sleep-in morning.

We went in October on a Saturday and got in line about 20 minutes before they opened. It wasn't super crowded even for a weekend. You usually have to pick a game you want to play then stand behind it and wait for the person on it to finish their game. If you don't want to be rude don't stay on a machine game after game If there is someone standing there waiting to get on the game. You have to take turns on the games but we never had to wait long for anything. We spent about 3.5 hours there then killed some time walking DTD waiting for Cirque to begin later that evening. The kids liked it. I didn't because I couldn't care less about playing games. We had the WPF&M option on our ticket so we didn't have to pay to get in. If I would have paid 45 dollars each for all 5 of us to get in I would have been very disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter