Disney Quest

PrincessBelle39

DIS Veteran
There may have already been a post about this but if there has been, I've missed it. I have heard that Disney Quest is to close either later this year or early next year. Is this true and if yes, does anyone know when this is expected to happen?

I think it is just a rumor so far anyway. It only came from one source and that was not Disney as far as I know. It is my DS favorite part of Disneyworld.

It is indeed a rumor that was posted on Jim Hill Media more than a year ago and has not been confirmed by Disney. DQ will not be closing any time soon.

I have just been listening to an older podcast episode of WDW Today. It was a listener question episode and it also advised that it will close sometime between October and February althougth they couldn't confirm when.

Just found that episode of WDW today. It is episode 245 about 1/3rd of the way through. It says that Disney Quest staff were advised in April last year that they would be closing within 18months. This would mean anytime from approx 1 Oct 2007.

Once again, I want to point out that the OP is going off a completely unfounded rumor. The fact that it was on a podcast does not necessarily make it true.

As of today there are no plans to close DQ.

Not going off on a rumour. Heard the info on a podcast and was asking if it was true. Thought I should point out where I heard it in case anyone wanted to know. If its not true, thats great. I was just asking so I can decide whether to get an AP or a premium AP. Don't we come to these boards for advice?

I heard the same rumor and I hope they don't. It is a family favorite, and I am sure it can be upgraded. Even though, I think it is fine the way it is...:thumbsup2

:idea:We should all write in and tell them we really enjoy it, because if the rumor is true once Disney announces it they probably won't go back on the announcement. We should write in before an announcement comes out.:idea:

We just came back from Disney and spent two days at Disneyquest. The place was full (not unpleasant but very busy)so I cannot imgine them closing it down. Keeping my fingers crossed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter