Disney quest-to quest or not

aynastasia

Earning My Ears
My boyfriend (34) and I (32) are going to disney in December. We will be getting there mid afternoon on the 4th (sunday) and don't have park tickets for that day. We were planning to eat at Fulton's (crab claws, yummy) and were thinking about checking out Disney Quest that evening. I have been reading such mixed reviews though, not sure if we should maybe just hang out in PI and have a few beverages and save the admission money. I also saw that Pop Warner is at Disney same time period and wonder how crazy it will be in the early evening. We love Dave and Busters Arcades and this sounds way better, but as I mentioned been reading so much negative stuff lately. Any advice? Thanks

I went to Disney quest in 04 with high hopes that it would be above and beyond the typical arcade. It was fun as I love arcade games.
But it was a typical arcade.

There were some things that you could compete with others, but none of them were open at the time. They looked like they would be interesting to do.

There was a section that had fair type games that gave tickets for prizes, but you had to buy an additional pass for it.

They did have laser tag and a team type game where you went into a room and were on a "pirate ship" and had to shoot other ships and get their treasure. All of the walls were video of the ocean and ships around you. It was a fun experience.

First off most of the video games don't require additional tokens...so that's a plus. There are multi-person games such as the Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters...this is basically bumper cars but the cars can load cannonballs and fire them (you really need two people to do this one). There is a virtual reality rafting experience. There is a build your own rollercoaster then ride it experience. Pirates of the Caribbean as mentioned...but I've found that it takes 3 people to really enjoy this one. Oh and there was an Aliens game where you have to pick up space colonists...can be enjoyed with two...one to steer and one to fire on the aliens. And then there is a virtual reality single player game where you get to be a comic book hero. I vaguelly recall playing skee ball for no additional charge...

I did this last March with my niece instead of a park day and I was shocked at how much time we actually spent in there....5 or 6 hours. It is also handy for checking your e-mail. You really do want to go in there when there are enough people around to play the multi-person/team competition games.

So if you have plus passes on your tickets and you like Dave and Busters I'd go ahead and do it. Just don't expect it to be light years ahead. I think it was when it first opened but since Disney doesn't seem to expect to make money on it they aren't going to the expense of replacing rides with cutting edge machines.

PLUS PASSES -- The one thing I wouldn't use a plus pass for is PI. The price is low enough that plusses are best saved for either DQ or a water park. If you haven't checked out Raglan Road they seem to be "free".

Dh and I love DQ and had a blast last time we were there. Granted it's more fun with a larger group, but we have it planned at least once for our next trip. Pirates of the Carribean is our favorite. Oh and that studio where you make the songs... :rotfl2:

My DH and I love DQ...sometimes on a Saturday afternoon if we are bored we will take a ride down there and hang out and then realize we have been there for 4 hours!! It never gets old, we have a blast and everyone we have taken there has enjoyed it a lot as well.

Thanks so much everyone for the info, guess we will give it a try. Did I mention I can't wait...

We took our 17yr old niece to DW in 2000. Disney Quest was part of the package. We figured we would give it a try. It was fun, but it gets very crowded around 8pm. There are alot of games to choose from. We are returning again in the Fall of 2006 and we will go there after dinner a few nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter