Disney Quest right for us?

ahill004

DIS Veteran
We have water parks and more option on our Sept tickets. We have never done Disney Quest but both my girls love video games so I'm wondering if this is something we would enjoy.
My girls are 6 and 8 - would they enjoy Disney Quest or is it geared older?
If we do a water park during the day can we still use our tickets to get into Disney Quest on the same day? What about minature golf? Can we do all three or two in one day with these tickets or is it limited to one activity a day like it is for parks?
If you do recc Disney Quest what types of games are there that my girls would be able to do?

Thanks in advance!

I had similar questions.

I found this on Disney website

The number of visits included with the Water Park Fun & More Option varies depending on the number of theme park days purchased with your Magic Your Way Ticket. Use the following guide to determine how many visits you receive when you add the Water Park Fun & More Option to a Magic Your Way Base Ticket:

Magic Your Way Base Ticket
Water Park Fun & More Option
1-Day park ticket
2 Visits to water parks and more
2-Day
2 Visits
3-Day
3 Visits
4-Day
4 Visits
5-Day
5 Visits
6-Day
6 Visits
7-Day
7 Visits
8-Day
8 Visits
9-Day
9 Visits
10-Day
10 Visits

Please note, visiting multiple venues in the same day will use one Water Park Fun & More entitlement for each venue visited. For example, if you visit Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park in the morning and DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park in the evening, you will use 2 visits from your Magic Your Way Ticket.

We have water parks and more option on our Sept tickets. We have never done Disney Quest but both my girls love video games so I'm wondering if this is something we would enjoy.
If we do a water park during the day can we still use our tickets to get into Disney Quest on the same day? What about minature golf? Can we do all three or two in one day with these tickets or is it limited to one activity a day like it is for parks?
If you do recc Disney Quest what types of games are there that my girls would be able to do?

Thanks in advance!

Yes you can do both waterpark AND DQ in one day. DQ is included in your waterpark & more ticket, so why not try it????

This is how it works. If youre staying for 7 nights, you get 7 credits of DQ, and 7 waterpark credits. You can do both waterpark & DQ in the same day. Please note that if you do Typhoon Lagoon AND Blizzard Beach in one day, that counts as two credits. Thats what i've been told, as pp mentioned above. If you do DQ and a waterpark in one day, thats two credits.

DQ is a lot of fun, my DS12 loves it there. They have all sorts of games (interactive games too like bumper cars) for all ages. They have a floor geared towards very young children, so dont worry, there's something for everyone. I'd suggest trying it. Your kids will love it if they already love vid games, they'll have a blast.

This is how it works. If youre staying for 7 nights, you get 7 credits of DQ, and 7 waterpark credits.

This seems incorrect to me. If you have a 7 day ticket, and purchase the WP& more option, you get 7 total WP& more visits. So, if you go to Typhoon Lagoon, you have used up one visit. You now have 6 left. You head to Disney Quest - you use up another visit - now there are only five left.

They are flexible visits, but I really don't think you get 7 waterpark visits PLUS 7 DQ visits.

I've been wrong before, but I'm pretty sure I only have 6 visits left on my WP&more ticket. It started off as a 7day parkhopper no expiration, and I added the WP& more on 1st visit. 5 years later, the theme park tickets are long gone, but I still have 6 WP&more tix. I used one ticket to go to Disney Quest on a super-cold rainy February trip in 2010. For me, DQ was a little too loud, so the rest of the tix will be for the waterparks, whenever I finally drag myself away from the theme parks.

We did not like DQ when we went last Oct (my kids were 6 and 9). The games are really outdated. The place smelled bad too. Very subpar for Disney. My kids loved the water parks though. They would have loved to spend more days at TL and BB.

If you've got the time and passes, then I suppose you could check DQ out, but don't go out of your way to make it happen.

goofyintoronto said:
Yes you can do both waterpark AND DQ in one day. DQ is included in your waterpark & more ticket, so why not try it????

This is how it works. If youre staying for 7 nights, you get 7 credits of DQ, and 7 waterpark credits. You can do both waterpark & DQ in the same day. Please note that if you do Typhoon Lagoon AND Blizzard Beach in one day, that counts as two credits. Thats what i've been told, as pp mentioned above. If you do DQ and a waterpark in one day, thats two credits.

DQ is a lot of fun, my DS12 loves it there. They have all sorts of games (interactive games too like bumper cars) for all ages. They have a floor geared towards very young children, so dont worry, there's something for everyone. I'd suggest trying it. Your kids will love it if they already love vid games, they'll have a blast.

Incorrect; as noted in the post above you, you have the same number of credits as the length of your ticket; so an 8 day ticket equals 8 credits total, not 8 of each.

You are corrext though that you can use more than one per day until they are all used up.

We went Sept. 2011 to Disney Quest, but ONLY because we had extra Water Park Fun and More admissions we knew we were not going to use. I would not skip a waterpark day to do DQ.

There are a LOT of video games and that's not what I came all the way to Disney World for.... There are some height requirments for some of the interactive games (which I thought were somewhat lame...). The pirate boat ride ship thing was fun.

We stopped in for about 40 minutes before going to Cirque du Soleil and were bored already with DQ. On a Fri-Sa. night, there's much more fun to do at Downtown Disney... Actually, much more fun to do in the Disney Parks. Downtown Disney seems like a good place for adults to eat, shop, listen to some bands on a Fri-Sat. night... but..... I can do that at home. Given the cost to add a day to a Magic Your Way park ticket is not much..... I'd rather spend more time in one of the parks or relax at the resort.

Cique du Soleil was a highlight of our trip... never seen a Cirque show before. Dinner at T-Rex was OK but really very noisy.

Thanks in advance!
You could do all three - a water park, miniature golf, and DisneyQuest - in one day. That would use three WPF&M entries. The fine print about miniature golf on the WPF&M option is, you must play before 4pm, and just one round allowed per day.

You can go to Typhoon Lagoon, then do something else, then return to Typhoon Lagoon later that day, and it will only cost you one WPF&M entry. If you go to Typhoon Lagoon, then do something else, then go to Blizzard Beach later that day, you will use two WPF&M entries - one entry for each water park.

You could plan a day where you go to a theme park, using one park day, then later that day select something from your water park fun options, using one WPF&M entry. You could then return to the same theme park. Readmission same day to the same park is allowed.

I'd suggest waiting until your girls are older to try DQ. Like a previous poster said, there are height restrictions on some of the interactive things, which might mean your 6 yr old is to short. It's several floors of video games, very easy to lose your kids in there. If you go at night or on a rainy day the place is packed with older kids/teens. My older boys have liked it since they were about 10, but they like the older style games as well as the newer ones. Popular games can have very long lines. My younger kids- 6 & 9- really don't enjoy it enough to buy the tickets. My 13 yr old girls can take it or leave it, usually choosing to leave it in favor of a water park or EMH. The mini-golf option is new, they'll probably chose to try that one night over DQ.

My eight year old son loved Quest, as did his father and I. Of course, like most eight year old boys, he could play video games for hours. The place is huge and has lots of games that my husband would play when he was a kid. He loved sharing that with our son. I enjoyed the games we could do together or compete against each other, like the line of racecar games. :drive: Plus, they had the most amazing giant cupcakes for just a snack credit! It was a great way to allow the little guy to let loose after an afternoon of shopping at DTD.

You could do all three - a water park, miniature golf, and DisneyQuest - in one day. That would use three WPF&M entries. The fine print about miniature golf on the WPF&M option is, you must play before 4pm, and just one round allowed per day.

You can go to Typhoon Lagoon, then do something else, then return to Typhoon Lagoon later that day, and it will only cost you one WPF&M entry. If you go to Typhoon Lagoon, then do something else, then go to Blizzard Beach later that day, you will use two WPF&M entries - one entry for each water park.

You could plan a day where you go to a theme park, using one park day, then later that day select something from your water park fun options, using one WPF&M entry. You could then return to the same theme park. Readmission same day to the same park is allowed.

I didn't know you could use the WPF&M option for miniature golf. Thanks for the info.

I didn't know you could use the WPF&M option for miniature golf. Thanks for the info.

It's a new addition to the WPF&M option since June 3rd. Another change, if you don't already know, is the PH+WPF&M option for $79, instead of buying each separately for $57. That makes WPF&M option only cost $22 if you already have PH. Or, PH is only $22 if you already have WPF&M option.

I took my four kids (14,13,8,7) to DQ in Feb, 2011 and it was terrible. We will not go back again. The games are horribly outdated and we have way more fun at home with the Xbox. The environment is worn and needs a major facelift. The virtually reality games are lame--the rafting one in front of a crappy image while you get squirted with water? Please! We only went b/c we had a rainy day and our tickets included it. We all agreed that Disney should knock it down and start over.

Also, the previous poster who said it smelled bad is absolutely right. It smelled old socks or shoes or something.

Seriously, DQ is nothing more than a glorified Chucky Cheese. You'll have way more fun at the waterpark.

It's a new addition to the WPF&M option since June 3rd. Another change, if you don't already know, is the PH+WPF&M option for $79, instead of buying each separately for $57. That makes WPF&M option only cost $22 if you already have PH. Or, PH is only $22 if you already have WPF&M option.

Thanks for the info.

We already have the PH option on our package tickets, if I can upgrade for only $22 more per person to get the WPF&M option that would be a steal. We were planning on paying for TL separately.

When I try to price this out with the package, it is increasing it by $57, is this special price not available for packages? When I price it out, with just the tickets, it only increases by $22.

I am not a fan of DQ either, but my husband and boys like it. One suggestion, being that your kids are young, is go during the day, when it first opens, if possible. Nighttime is lots of teenagers. A pretty rambunctious (sp?) crowd!

Are there any traditional arcade games or is the simulator type? I like arcade games but why would I want to take a virtual roller coaster when I'm a 5 minute ride from a real one?

My 8 year old twins LOVED DQ but I was bored out of my gourd. lol I fell asleep one one of those high back comfy seats they provide. I would go if your kids like video games but dont expect to get out of there at a decent time.

My kids love DQ and they have since they were little. They are now 6, 14, and 16. But back when the older two were 6 and 8 they loved it. They make CD's of songs, do the drawing classes and other interactive stuff. They also love the raft rides and interactive games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter