• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Quest Question

tsd1202

I Love Disney
I am going in October and although we have been to Disney many times we have never done Disney Quest. I was wondering what it is like??? Will my DS- almost 4 yrs old, have enough to do and what about my 60 yr old parents- they are fun and active but I don't know if they would enjoy it???

What should we do for sure if we go and what are the cots for all of the extras? I saw several things you can do and then "purchase it" afterwards- what are the costs???

Thanks so much!!!
:wizard:

For a 4 year old and 60+ year olds, I wouldn't bother. I went there, am 25, and it was hardly worth it.

My 13 year old son loved Disney Quest-I think he enjoyed it more than the parks! My 11 year old daughter liked it. (She doesn't like video games nearly as much as my son does). My husband and I thought it was okay. I doubt if I would take a four year old. I didn't see many small children there. We had fun playing the Pirates of the Carribean as a family, but other that, my husband and I didn't find much we cared to do.

As for the added costs, all of the video games are free. I think you can create some type of art and there is an extra charge for the art. I think there are some arcade games for which there is a charge. Others can address this issue, I don't know much about it since we only played the video games.

Whatever you decide to do, have fun! Keep in mind that if some members of your party don't want to do Disney Quest, they can always go shopping at Downtown Disney while the others go to Disney Quest.

For a four year old, it wouldn't be worth it. My 9 yr old son loved it. It would probably be better to wait until he is about 6 or 7. I don't think he would get much out of it. Even the animation was a little too advanced for that age.

We went last august with our 3 year old DD and another 5 year old boy, and both of them had a blast! They were too short for the Astroblasters, but both enjoyed some of the art stations (didn't buy anything, though), the KidQuest games (in the ticket game area, but they're free) and the Pirate's ride (luckily, our short DD was just tall enough, and she *loved* it.

Our DD wanted to go back. She really enjoyed DQ. And I got a kick out of the Kiddie Coaster in the KidQuest area - it's a roller coaster simulator, on a kiddie scale. I thought it was cool because the 2 coasters it had were coasters that *I* avoided as a kid at our local amusement park - Cedar Point! It has the Gemini and the Blue Streak! So I thought it was funny to tell our 3 year old DD that she'd ridden coasters I hadn't! She thought that was pretty cool.

If you have the options to go on your ticket, I say go for it. You never know - by the time your 4 year old is 7, there may not be a DisneyQuest.

Mur!

:wizard: Thanks to all of you who gave me info- I think we will just skip it and wait till DS is older.

tsd1202 said:
:wizard: Thanks to all of you who gave me info- I think we will just skip it and wait till DS is older.

Don't wait too long; DisneyQuest is closing for good at the end of 2007.

buckylarue said:
Don't wait too long; DisneyQuest is closing for good at the end of 2007.

Hey

Does anyone have links about Disney Quest closing down? Some of our party love Disney Quest and they will be disappointed to hear this :guilty:

Here's an article from Jim Hill Media about the planned closing of DisneyQuest and the ESPN Club at the BoardWalk Resort, and the opening of an ESPN Zone in the former DisneyQuest site in 2008. Some CMs have confirmed that they have been told the same thing.

Thank you for the link buckylarue :)

Still a real shame that it's being closed :guilty: we only found out about it last year too which makes it more of a shame, lack of advertising I guess.

Thanks again bucky

Just returned from DQ. All the video games are now free but many were not working. Crowds were super thin and 5-10 minute waits were all we had. Myself and my two sons did all the rides and even got through line at Pirates of the Caribbean in ten minutes. I really does appear that Disney has let this amazing secret go to the wayside and sadly the rumors about the closing may be true. :confused3 :guilty:

We took our kids when they were too young for DQ--5, 7, and 9. We all enjoyed the Pirates game, but that was about it. Plus, I got separated from the rest of my family and couldn't find them for a long time. DQ has a lot of different floors and a confusing layout (to me).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter