• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Quest or not?

joellydis

Earning My Ears
Hello out there!! I planned on taking my kiddies to Disney Quest when we go to Disney this summer. I just learned that it costs $40 to get in. Does anyone know.......once you are in, do you have to pay to play the games??? That would be outrageous, so I'm hoping the answer is no. Please someone...
tell me the answer is no.:confused:

No, you do not have to pay any extra to play the games. My son loves playing the arcade games over and over. We love Disney Quest! If you play mini golf or use the water parks at all the water park plus option is completely worth it since it also includes Disney Quest.

Just a thought! You can add the Water Park Fun and More for about $50 per ticket. May be worth it. Then you get Quest and Water Parks unlimited.

Disney Quest is fantastic! My kids used to want to spend two whole park days there when they were younger.

All the games are free inside, but there are things you can buy. For instance, they used to have a design-a-toy Toy Story thing that you could then purchase the actual toy you designed.

I was just reading on a thread earlier that with Magic Your Way packages you get a two for one coupon for DQ.

I should add that they also have virtual rides there (free.) Last time I was there they had a design your own roller coaster that you could then ride. It's similar to Sum of all Thrills at Epcot. Our favorite was Pirates of the Caribbean. It's a ship that 6 or 8 people can get on, one person steers, the other have cannons. The boat moves and is surrounded by a screen something like Soarin'. I also remember a white water rafting ride.

I am determined next trip to check out Disney Quest. As many times as we've been, we've never ventured over there. My worry is that I might not get my child to leave.

I was just reading on a thread earlier that with Magic Your Way packages you get a two for one coupon for DQ.

It's actually 2 tickets per room. :)

I'm booking right now, and it says:

DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park Admission – Voucher valid for two admission tickets per room

We have a great time there! The NASCAR game isa buck a shot locally and we were there on a slow day and raced each other forever!

We'll be in Orlando for a few days after a cruise this summer. No Disney parks :-)crazy2:) so I wonder if a trip to DTD for this would be fun. If it's all arcade stuff, I wonder if my older two will get bored.

For those with older teens...do they like it?

Also, do adults not playing have to pay for admission?

Yes, all have to pay. There is a nice sitting area on the fourth and fifth floors. I take a book and chill when I get tired of playing.

We were in Disney last May and went to DQ on a rainy day. It's a lot of fun and we all enjoyed the games. I agree the POC ride was the best one. I would definitely upgrade your tix to water parks and fun and use the water parks as well. It's worth it if you spend a few hours at a water park and DQ on a different day. The games are all free and they have 4/5 floors of them. Some new and a lot of older ones for those of us that grew up in the 80's.

We'll be in Orlando for a few days after a cruise this summer. No Disney parks :-)crazy2:) so I wonder if a trip to DTD for this would be fun. If it's all arcade stuff, I wonder if my older two will get bored.

For those with older teens...do they like it?

Also, do adults not playing have to pay for admission?

It's not just arcade games - here's a link that gives more info

http://allears.net/btp/dqfaq.htm

DD enjoyed it but wasn't a teen the last time we went, but she's looking forward to it on our upcoming trip. I remember reading posts that say DQ can be crowded because it's a very popular place for teens to go to at night.

It makes all the difference in the world to get there early on a week day. Then there are no lines and you can play what you like best. My son made 13 roller coasters.

I went for the first time this September and well go again! We only stayed for a few hours but I could see with kids/teens staying alot longer. My favorite was the buzz astroblaster ride. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard!

ETA: agree with the poster above me! We went around lunchtime on a Tuesday and it was pretty quiet.

Hi! My partner and I are planning on going to WDW in December 2013. We have not been since 2001. Neither of us have ever been to Disney Quest. What I'm wondering is Disney Quest a place that adults in their early 30s? We don't want to spend the money if Disney Quest is set up mostly for children as we do not have any that will be with us.

Thanks,
Samantha

Just a thought! You can add the Water Park Fun and More for about $50 per ticket. May be worth it. Then you get Quest and Water Parks unlimited.

I've been told recently that the cost to add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your tickets is less than $50 now - I think it's only about $23 if you have Park Hopper tickets already.

Can anyone confirm this?

It is cheaper than $50 per person. We upgraded our 10 day park hoppers to include it and for all 4 of us it was only $97 more.

I've been told recently that the cost to add the Water Parks Fun and More option to your tickets is less than $50 now - I think it's only about $23 if you have Park Hopper tickets already.

Can anyone confirm this?

It is cheaper than $50 per person. We upgraded our 10 day park hoppers to include it and for all 4 of us it was only $97 more.

The WPF&M option costs $57 per ticket, plus tax. However, if your ticket already has the park hopper option, then the WPF&M option costs just $22 per ticket, plus tax (cheaper than a one-day admission to DQ).

Hi! My partner and I are planning on going to WDW in December 2013. We have not been since 2001. Neither of us have ever been to Disney Quest. What I'm wondering is Disney Quest a place that adults in their early 30s? We don't want to spend the money if Disney Quest is set up mostly for children as we do not have any that will be with us.

Thanks,
Samantha

I'm a 34 year old and I thoroughly enjoyed it the three times I went during my last trip. But I'm also a big kid at heart. If you like video games and VR sims, there's plenty to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter