• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Quest Needs A Makeover

jhaig

Not The First To Pass This Way
We spent an afternoon at Disney Quest and, of all of the things on Disney property that needs an update, this place needs it the most. Everything seemed dated and most of the rides were filthy, especially the Buzz Lightyear bumper cars. My hands were stained black from whatever substance was caked onto the steering wheel. It felt like I was in a bad version of Chucky Cheese circa 1989. The 3D pirate ship thing was OK, but most of the other stuff was a waste of time. The only thing I would keep are the free retro arcade games. Still awesome to play Pac Man in an actual arcade machine. It's time for this place to lose the 90's tech and say hello to 2012.

I think the issue with DQ is that its the orphaned stepchild of WDW.

Many don't know that DQ was Disney's new big idea to spread Disney Magic across the world and they had planned on building 20 of them under the now defunct Disney Regional Entertainment Division.

The one in Chicago actually opened but the one in Philly never got past ground breaking.

Once the plans for the other DQ's died, DQ was moved into the theme parks division and think the plan is for it is to rot in place and not really invest much money into it.

Maybe now that WPF&M is cheaper with the PH more people will come and they will invest some money into it.

We've never been. My DS (10) and DD(8) love their games. On arrival day we are planning to do DTD with DQ being a stop, then do an ADR at TRex or Capn Jacks. Do you think this is a waste of money? We have APs so we will get a discount on admission.

We've never been. My DS (10) and DD(8) love their games. On arrival day we are planning to do DTD with DQ being a stop, then do an ADR at TRex or Capn Jacks. Do you think this is a waste of money? We have APs so we will get a discount on admission.

Not saying the kids wouldn't like it. It's probably worth doing once if you haven't done it yet. We did the same thing by going there on arrival day then having dinner at Raglan Road that night. Just don't be surprised if the kids say they've seen better graphics on their iPads.

We went to DQ last week for the first time and I couldn't agree with you more! I was really looking forward to going, but ended up not liking it much. Every machine that I could get in to was broken. All I wanted to do was play a couple of games of ski ball, but couldn't begin to get a machine. People turn their kids loose in there and they hop on something and stay until their hearts desire. We did the Pirate ship thing and Cyber Space Mountain once. They were ok. My mother actually stepped outside for some air and got stuck in the lobby. The CM said that they are not allowed to send the elevator back up until there are at least 5 people in it. I thought that was kind of weird since there were no other people waiting to come up. She had to just stand there. Eventually we came down and left all together. I have no desire to go back to DQ.

We had free passes to DQ a few year ago. My brother, one of his friends, and I went one afternoon and thought it was horribly outdated and a waste of time.

Granted, I'm 27, and they are both around 20.

Still, it seemed like a large waste of space.

Totally agree with you! Disney either needs to refurbish the entire thing or gut it and do something different there. Hope they move the pirate game though. That is about the only thing worth going there for. We sometimes just go in to do that and leave right away. While I shopped DH used to love spending a few hours in there every trip. But not lately. As a matter of fact, DD is really losing it's appeal for us. All our favorites (DQ, Comedy Club, Adventurers Club, the music store, etc.) are either gone or is a desperate need of a remodel. I think next trip we may spend our DD day at Universal instead.

Buzz Lightyear bumper cars. My hands were stained black from whatever substance was caked onto the steering wheel.

The black stuff is actually from the "asteroids". I don't really know why they are like that, though.

The problem with Disney Quest is that it doesn't get a lot of visitors. That means it doesn't make a lot of money, which then means it doesn't have the money to invest in it to update it. I'd love to see it get some upgrades, but I just don't see that happening any time soon. It truly is the orphaned stepchild and doesn't get much love.

Updating is in order as well as adding games, attractions, etc, to alleviate the crowding during busy times when EVERYTHING has massive wait times. Rainy days are the worst.

Updating is in order as well as adding games, attractions, etc, to alleviate the crowding during busy times when EVERYTHING has massive wait times. Rainy days are the worst.

I thought that DQ was outdated years ago when we tried it. It was a bit lackluster and many things were broken and worn out.

In fact my favorite part was the cheesecake we got from the Cheesecake Factory location that was there. :)

I really liked DQ every time I was in there, specially the games where you get to play with your party like Virtual Jungle Cruise, Ride the Comix, Astroblasters, the magic carpets and, specially, the Pirates of the Caribbean 3D game (best attraction on DQ for sure! pirate:)

As we'd get PH anyway, adding WP&F was a no-brainer as I intend on going to DQ at least twice on our January trip (for a few hours in the evening on days that we're at AK or off-site shopping).

LOVE Disney Quest. My favorite part of going to Disney actually. Went 3 times on our trip a few weeks back and had NO issues with lines, broken down games, or crowds.

Such a fun place--beats waiting in line at the parks for 3 hours to ride a 45 second ride...........at least at Disney Quest you are actually doing something......

That's good advice - avoid DQ at all costs on rainy days, because when you wait in line for the 3D Aladdin attraction you'll be even more disappointed when you realize it's crap-tacular.

We used to love DQ but the last time we went there we were less than impressed. It desperately needs an update. As a matter of fact we will not be making a stop there on our next trip.

My DS is an arcade game nut and loves Disney Quest. With the WP&M option on your tickets it's pretty reasonable, but I wouldn't spend full price to get in there. It also saves me some money because I can limit the amount of time my DS wants to spend in the arcades where you have to buy points because he knows he can go to Disney Quest.

We went there for the first time in January and I was quite disappointed that Disney has their name on something so horrid. I think I spent maybe a half hour in there and had to leave. I don't care for that kind of thing anyway, but I was not impressed. My husband went back a second time, but he still thought it was pretty bad.

It was quite busy the first evening we went. I think they would get more people in there if they would put some money into it. I'm just glad we didn't pay full price or I would have requested a refund. It would be a great place on a rainy day if they would do something with it.

We went a few times since it opened in 1998. The first couple of time it was amazing. My kids stayed there for hours. As the years went by it never changed.
We do have better games on our computer it is such a shame. They have not updated it much since our first trip. :confused3

Outdated or not...my boys LOVE DisneyQuest! And, yes, they have all the latest gaming systems at home. Maybe since we go on such long trips, they need DQ since they are having gaming withdrawals! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter