Disney pulls funding for Boy Scouts over LGBT Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catholic and Islam are the two largest religions on the planet and both of those religions don't agree with gay rights of equality.

You don't have to like the fact that religious teachings are against you, but it doesn't change the fact that they think the actions of being gay is sin.

My wish is that religion just dies off, but that is just a dream that I will never get the pleasure of seeing in this life time.

Protestants make up at least 37% of the Christian religion, while Catholics only 16-19%, depending on what study you read. Not sure where you are getting your stats? Oops - missed one of your posts, with the links, sorry!

I do agree with the desire to see political, blind-sheep, hate-filled, derisive religious leaders fade away. Religion can be joyous, peaceful, and unifying in a positive way too.

See, that wasn't so hard. :lmao:

I'll be honest, it would give me pause and it would come down to how well I knew the coach and what the sleeping arrangements were.

Still don't believe that's where she was going with it though.

As the mother of two older girls I would allow them to go on camping trips with a Lesbian leader, but never with 2 young boys.

Why is that?

Are you saying young women can control themselves better than young men?

With the Boy scouts we are talking about young men so you are agreeing you wouldn't let your son go with 2 young gay men.

As far as the trip , I guess you don't get Scouting, that is what they do! They go camping which like the trip last year involved canoeing to islands that were un-accessible except by canoes, caring everything they needed for a week.

Why is that?

With the Boy scouts we are talking about young men so you are agreeing you wouldn't let your son go with 2 young gay men.

As far as the trip , I guess you don't get Scouting, that is what they do! They go camping which like the trip last year involved canoeing to islands that were un-accessible except by canoes, caring everything they needed for a week.
Didn't see this coming;-)

Well, Scouts in Canada are mixed (both boys and girls belong to the groups) so in fact my granddaughter (who is nine) has been on several camping trips with other girls (and boys) her age and the Cub Scout Leaders. All the Leaders of her particular group happen to be men, although some could be women.

I wrote earlier that if Scouts meet in schools, then they are being supported by tax money and therefore should not be discriminating against gay participants. Someone responded that if the school allowed any group to use the premises, it should not make a difference. I think it should. I have, in part, paid for the building and maintenance of that school, and I think groups that meet in the schools should have to meet particular standards - including non-discrimination. If the KKK or the Neo-Nazis wanted to meet in the school, would that be okay? I say no.

TP

At least with the jok or neonazis, they are upfront behind their hate and ignorance. They do not hide it behind their beliefs.

Well, Scouts in Canada are mixed (both boys and girls belong to the groups) so in fact my granddaughter (who is nine) has been on several camping trips with other girls (and boys) her age and the Cub Scout Leaders. All the Leaders of her particular group happen to be men, although some could be women.

I wrote earlier that if Scouts meet in schools, then they are being supported by tax money and therefore should not be discriminating against gay participants. Someone responded that if the school allowed any group to use the premises, it should not make a difference. I think it should. I have, in part, paid for the building and maintenance of that school, and I think groups that meet in the schools should have to meet particular standards - including non-discrimination. If the KKK or the Neo-Nazis wanted to meet in the school, would that be okay? I say no.

TP
IMO, if the KKK or the Neo-Nazis wanted to meet in the school, as long as they followed whatever the requirements are for non-school groups to use the facility, then I say yes. This is also assuming the meetings happen outside of school hours.

Because he is a pedophile, its a power thing, not really a sexual thing. At least I think, honestly that is not something I know the in and outs. But to blame him doing it on being "bisexual" is incorrect.

You do realize that boys over the age of 10 play show me yours stuff and you have heard of circle jerks, playing doctor, etc.

No gay child molester needed :scared1:

Most of the catholic priest were not gay men but straight :scared1:

As the mother of two older girls I would allow them to go on camping trips with a Lesbian leader, but never with 2 young boys.
:
Same here and I don't see how my daughter going into the woods with 2 young boys has anything to with Gay scout leaders.

Seriously people its 2014, do people really believe that being gay is a choice, and that all gay people will molest kids?

Agreed. But if he were heterosexual, why would he be sexually attracted to boys?

Because pedophiles objectify their victims. They see children as sexual objects to be used, not as specific genders that they are or are not attracted to as they would with adults.

I've been debating with myself whether to respond to this thread but I have to say as the Mother of a Scout I"m not totally against not allowing Gay leaders. Gay boy Scouts are allowed , you are just not allowed to be a leader.

I would like to ask Mothers of 13-15 yr old girls if they would like their daughters to go with a 2 young men into an isolated area that you can only reach by canoe without cell phone coverage for 3-5 days? Would you feel comfortable with that?

Why is that?

As far as the trip , I guess you don't get Scouting, that is what they do! They go camping which like the trip last year involved canoeing to islands that were un-accessible except by canoes, caring everything they needed for a week.[/adin A

After reading these comments I kind of feel like I am on the show punkd and any minute someone is going to pop out and say BAZINGA!!!!

Seriously I am pretty conservative church goer and I absolutely would let my son go on a camping trip being led by a gay male.

Because he is a pedophile, its a power thing, not really a sexual thing. At least I think, honestly that is not something I know the in and outs. But to blame him doing it on being "bisexual" is incorrect.
I wasn't blaming him on doing it because of being bisexual. Maybe I'm looking at it too simply.

Heterosexual... attracted to members of the opposite sex.
Homosexual... attracted to members of the same sex.
Bisexual... attracted to members of both sexes.

Maybe you're right. Maybe it is just a power thing. It just seems strange to me that someone who is ONLY attracted to members of the opposite sex finds ANY members of the same sex attractive.

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter