• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Proposals

PrincessCastMember

Mouseketeer
I was just writing a blog post about a proposal I helped orchestrate when I was a WDW CM (see signature disneylittlethings.blogspot.com) and it got me thinking...

Did any of you have your proposal at WDW or are planning your proposal at WDW? My DBF and I are heading down in October and I'm wishing wishing wishing that he'll be proposing to me while we're there! :goodvibes

I did! DH proposes to me in the beach of the Grand Floridian right by the Wedding Pavilion. We had dinner at Narcossee's and we had said in advance that we were going to watch the fireworks from the beach. Before we left, he packed a blanket and a bottle of champagne that we had received as a gift. I would have been suspicious except he had told me a month or so before that as much as he wanted to propose in WDW, he just didn't have the money to do it. I believed him and his puppy dog face lol. That night, right before the fireworks, they started playing Wall-E on the inflatable screen at the GF so I was distracted. We had been having a sand drawing contest and while I was watching the movie, he yelled over "ok! I think I won!" I walked over and he wrote "will you marry me?" in the sand. At first I thought he was joking lol. So I turned around and he was down on one knee :). I'm not going to lie, I did let out a couple of shut the (bleep!) up before I said yes lol but it was absolutely perfect!! I hope your DBF does it in October!! I'll keep my fingers crosses! :)

My fiancé proposed to me at Disney last August... The story is in the first page of my Planning Journal - link in my signature!!! :)

Well my bf missed the beat in Disneyland. I desperately wanted him to propose at the Blue Bayou as it's so romantic! But he knows I want some sort of Disney proposal and the next time we're going is in 2014 with my family so fingers crossed! I'd love for a GF proposal of some description or MK in front of the castle. Basically anywhere. If you read my posts on here, I've basically planned our wedding, I'm just waiting for the ring lol x

One night after Wishes and a fierce rain shower (now) DH asked what I wanted to do. As we had been there for a few days and I hadn't yet seen the Big Cheese I said it was time to see Mickey. We headed to the Judge's Tent. As luck would have it there was no line so we walked right up. After doing the smiley picture thing I look over and see my boyfriend dropping to one knee and reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a tiny Mickey Ears ring and asked me to be his wife. The Photopass photographer captured it all. Mickey Mouse was the first person to know we had gotten engaged!

My fiance proposed at Sunset Pointe right at the beginning of Wishes. He asked this nice woman to take "a few pictures of us", then after one or two pictures dropped to one knee. I was in such shock and so thrilled! I don't remember any of the rest of Wishes because I spent it with my head buried in his chest half-crying in complete joy. There's a beautiful picture we have of him on one knee with a big firework going off over us! I'm getting all giddy again just writing about it, it was so perfect :cloud9::lovestruc

My soon-to-be son-in-law proposed to my daughter on Feb 29. We were there for the "One more day" celebration. He asked her to always spend "one more day" with him.
He arranged for the chalk artist to draw her. When the artist turned the picture around it was my daughter with the boyfriend on one knee with a ring. As the picture registered in her brain, the BF kneeled down and brought out the ring. It was magical.
~~g.

My fiance proposed to me while the Dapper Dans serenaded us... he set up the whole thing with my friend Hannah (she plays Nemo in the Finding Nemo show at Animal Kingdom). The link to the video is in my signature... I literally had NO IDEA!! Here's why... we had dinner reservations about halfway through our vacation at Cinderella's Royal Table. I totally thought it was going to happen there. Not only did it not happen that night, but another couple two tables down DID get engaged. I was so bummed, lol!!! That was Tuesday night. Then Wednesday came, and Thursday came. Finally, on Thursday night, I thought to myself, "I guess it's not going to happen here... maybe he really meant it when he said he couldn't afford a ring. I guess I will just forget about it and enjoy the vacation." So then the next morning (Friday) we met Hannah at the Magic Kingdom and went to watch the Dapper Dans. And that's when it all happened, and I was completely surprised. I'm so glad I was surprised!!! Anyway, click on the link in my signature to watch! :-)

Another Disney proposal here! October 26, so I'm crossing my fingers for you in October! :goodvibes

Poor guy was so nervous. He called his sister to get a pep talk, and she answered, "What do you want?!" :rotfl:
He wanted to do it on CIF (which was up when we passed it on ME). By the time we got there, it was down due to winds.
Then he decided to do it in front of castle - but I kept saying no, I didn't want a picture with the castle. MSEP & Wishes were only on two nights during our week-long stay so it was crazy busy! I had actually scheduled the Haunted Carriage Ride for that night, but we'd miss Wishes. But still wanted to see MSEP! So we got to the end of Main Street to make easy escape, and were front-row. So him asking me to take a picture with the castle was so confusing! He drove me crazy by how often he asked the question, and I finally agreed 20 minutes before MSEP. Of course he shocked me by proposing. :goodvibes

Good luck, and have a great trip!

My DBF and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary there this October as well. He has been asking me about rings and our trip is only 3 months away. So I am crossing my fingers. I am imagining all these magical scenarios in my head hahaha...Over the starlit path of Innoventions with the area loop playing at dusk when SE is all purple or on the Poly beach at sunset before we go to MNSSHP...Problem is he has NEVER been to WDW so he has no concept of where!!! But hey it could be anywhere on property and I would be just as ecstatic :upsidedow I will keep my fingers crossed for the both of us!

P.S. Hey there neighbor mmmbop

I guess we're doing it a bit backwards, compared to what most people would do. I also know a lot of people would claim we're technically engaged already as we've both agreed to get engaged. But the thing is, my boyfriend wants to do it properly, so he's asked my dad for his blessing already. And he's told me he wants to get engaged on our first full day in MK after the fireworks. So it's not going to be a surprise for me, but I don't mind. We've already ordered the ring, so it should be ready a couple of weeks before we go :goodvibes I would prefer to just start wearing the ring as soon as it arrives, but I don't want to spoil his dream about doing a proper proposal either.

We had gone to Disney on New Years day this year and my DF wanted to get some pictures taken in front of the castle. Next thing I know he is down on one knee proposing. Lol he was so nervous I don't think he even got the question out, luckily i said yes very quickly. I love that the photographer was snapping pictures the whole time so I will always have pictures of that moment.

I guess we're doing it a bit backwards, compared to what most people would do. I also know a lot of people would claim we're technically engaged already as we've both agreed to get engaged. But the thing is, my boyfriend wants to do it properly, so he's asked my dad for his blessing already. And he's told me he wants to get engaged on our first full day in MK after the fireworks. So it's not going to be a surprise for me, but I don't mind. We've already ordered the ring, so it should be ready a couple of weeks before we go :goodvibes I would prefer to just start wearing the ring as soon as it arrives, but I don't want to spoil his dream about doing a proper proposal either.

We're in the same boat right now. Like you I am totally okay with that! :wizard:
I am just so thrilled to know it will be at Disney. It will be fun going from wearing "Celebrating our Anniversary" pins to "Engagement" pins a couple nights into the trip. Who knows maybe we will just have to have a Disney Wedding too...ohhhh boy look what he's started now. He has no idea what he has gotten himself into. Or rather my poor father who has offered to pay for our wedding. I just want a very small ceremony just very close family and maybe just my maid of honor/best man we can just do a family dinner at EPCOT together and explore the parks. I imagine the ceremony either on the Poly Beach or at the Boardwalk :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

All my "fellow Disney obsessed friend" keeps hinting to him to propose right in front of the castle before the fireworks at dusk, trying to help me out, but the more I think about it, I am an EPCOT freak. Like I listen to EPCOT area loops whenever I am cleaning, going for a long drive, just sitting at the computer (eerrhem right now...:surfweb:) I hum Innoventions at work when I am bored... :confused3
In the 5rd grade we did a project on what we wanted to be when we grew up and I said an imagineer and drew a giant picture of me living inside of spaceship earth with the cavemen. HAHAHAHA :rotfl: Alright, alright I am getting carried away here...but my point is I really want him to propose over the stars in the pavement at innoventions how magical would that be at night hopefully not too crowded. He asked me out on Halloween night 2007, we hung out together the next day and have spent every day together since. Now we will be in Disney together for Halloween it would be too perfect:hug::sick:

mikeshannon said:
where did you get engaged pins? I am going to Propose in WDW in a few months a pin would be cool

Congratulations! You can get them at the front desk of your hotel or guest relations. I'm sure there are more places but that's all I can think of right now lol.

No proposal here yet, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in October. I'm headed down with my boyfriend in November, and he knows that my dream has always been to be proposed to in Disney World. I'm really hoping he does it while we're down there, but something tells me it might not happen. I have heard some cute proposal stories though.
I heard one story of a couple who loved World Showcase, so he got the cast members at all of the Kidcot stations involved. They visited each stop and the CM there had a rose to give her. At the end of the tour around the countries, he gave her the twelfth rose for a full dozen and a ring. I thought that was pretty cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter