Disney Proposal

IamGroot

Emperor
Looking for some ideas. I have already searched a lot. Here are my thoughts.

I don't want a super crowded proposal.
I'm sad the rose garden is gone, as that was going to be my plan.
I am thinking night time, but can't deal with the stress of timing fireworks from poly beach and such.
The gf isn't as hardcore disney, so things like the wishing well wouldn't be as influential for her, needs to be more traditional romantic.

I am planning a spring trip after I finish some professional exams I am working on.

Not sure where you will be staying but some of the resorts do horse drawn carriage rides. We did one at POR and it was very romantic in the evening. Congratulations!!

My friend got engaged at Epcot in front of Italy, there is a nice bridge and area right on the water that overlooks spaceship earth.

I am thinking night time, but can't deal with the stress of timing fireworks from poly beach and such.
The gf isn't as hardcore disney, so things like the wishing well wouldn't be as influential for her, needs to be more traditional romantic.

I am planning a spring trip after I finish some professional exams I am working on.

Get it - magic bands :lmao:

Are you staying onsite and getting magic bands? If so, perhaps you can work out something with Disney. I just googled "wdw - bride and groom magic bands". There is a site that shows how one fella used the bands in his proposal. Granted, you need not have such an elaborate scheme, however, you can do something along those lines.

Get the box with the bride and groom and the ? "Will you marry me". Have it set up beforehand to have it "special delivery" to the place of your choosing (albeit without the ring!). (This way, if you are staying on-site and have bands delivered prior to your arrival - you won't blow it by having to propose before getting there.)

Some thoughts as to where? There are carriage rides available at both Ft. Wilderness campgrounds and Port Orleans Riverside resorts. After coming off an attraction that you both enjoy. When checking into your hotel. Somewhere special to both of you. While out at a table service restaurant. I'm sure you can come up with somewhere special.

Once the box is delivered - have her open it, to be followed up with a "yes" and producing the ring.

Just a start as to some ways this could be incorporated into your proposal.

Happy planning.

My husband proposed in the rose garden during a late night. It was like 1am and the park was closing and NO ONE was around. I loved it. I'm sad with the idea of them tearing out the rose garden. :sad2:

I like the idea of the carriage ride through Port Orleans Riverside.
We haven't stayed there but I've seen pictures of the resort and I think it's beautiful. :lovestruc

My brother proposed to his wife on the dock of the Grand Florida. She loved it.

What about the top of the Contemporary (the viewing area) at Fireworks. Then you can go into the bar or restaurant for dinner. That way you get some Disney and some elegant atmosphere.

My brother proposed at the topiaries in front of the Castle so they'd have photos of the engagement courtesy of the Photopass person (she was a sure thing, lol, so I'm sure that helped). He had one of those large glass slippers engraved with "_________, will you marry me?" and presented that to her on one knee with the ring attached with a blue ribbon. It was awesome.

Not sure of your budget, but you could book one of the Firework Cruise's and propose there during the fireworks?

We were waiting to be seated for a late dinner at Chefs de France last month and saw a proposal around the fountain in France! It wasn't too crowded (at the time) and the Photopass photographer seemed to have caught the whole thing. :lovestruc

A lot of the plan needs to be set by the couple -

Is there somewhere you envision the 2 of you going on your honeymoon? Someplace she's always wanted to travel to? You could choose a country in Epcot that relates to that - Paris? Do it in France, there are some nooks & crannies there that you could take a breather and surprise her.

On the bridge in front of Splash Mountain - you can propose to her before you "take the plunge!"

Reservations at California Grill for fireworks time - propose on the deck

Wedding Pavilion at the Grand Floridian

The viewing areas at the Animal Kingdom Lodge

The people mover in MK - quiet, slower moving pace, private

There is a story about a brides ring being at the entrance to the Haunted Mansion - you could talk about hidden Mickey's/object in WDW and how you want to see how many you can find. When it comes time to propose you could be looking for the bride's ring near the HM and she can turn to find you holding her engagement ring ready to propose.

So many different angles to go. Remember it is about the 2 of you and not everyone/thing else going on around you. Romantic is what she & you think it is, not what every couple thinks of. Good luck and congratulations!

Congratulations! My fiance proposed to me on our first trip to Disney. Even though it doesn't sound super special, he proposed to me in our room at POR. We came back from AK and when I walked in the room, he had arranged for Disney Florist to set up rose petals in the room. I walked in and was confused at first, but then he got down on one knee :goodvibes It was the perfect proposal for me because it was private (no one around) and I was so caught off guard that I just burst into tears. I would have been super overwhelmed if strangers were there to witness it. As soon as the initial shock wore off, since we were in the room, I was able to get right on the phone with family and friends and share the news. I then composed myself and we got ready, and went out to MK to celebrate that night!

There are some great ideas here, the only thing I wanted to add was to make sure a photopass photographer is around to capture it! You can always drop a hint to one nearby, or I'm sure I heard you can call Disney and arrange for one to be somewhere specific :goodvibes:goodvibes

EPCOT.. tell her you'd "go around the world" for her :rotfl2:

No but seriously.. the bridge between UK and France during Illuminations

Chef's table at Victoria and Albert's

Narcoosse's - the outside deck

Take a private fireworks cruise

Rent a boat somewhere - fairly cheap and you can take it from Contemp to the seven seas lagoon

As you can see by my ticker I am partial to the Characters in Flight ballon at Downtown Disney. However with the current construction going on in that area not sure what it looks like down there.

This is what I did.

sPi3LEW.jpg

We stayed in the Royal Guest Rooms and when we got back to our room this was waiting at the table in the room. Just some mouse ears that say "Will You Marry Me" I think this was the one of the DVC packages from disneyflorist.com.

I re-proposed to DW on our 20th anniversary by the Castle wishing well. DD taped it. I gave her a Cinderella glass slipper.

My husband proposed at Cinderella's Royal Table. Glass slipper, rose petals, Photopass photographer -- the works. It was amazing and a truly unforgettable moment.

Love this thread! :love: So many great suggestions too! For what it's worth, the carriage ride sounds very romantic. :thumbsup2 My hubby proposed to me on a Disney Cruise and re-proposed (with a very pretty sparkly something ;) ) on our 20th anniversary at CRT with our kids, Princess Aurora and guests at neighboring tables looking on - made the ladies next to us cry! I'm sure you will find the perfect, magical spot pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter