Disney Proposal help

Get the guy in the plane who does the sky writing to spell it out for you.

If you do, be sure to get her a pen and paper and tell her to write down the letters. That guy can barely get GOD out before the G fades away.

I sat here for weeks, every day I saw him, trying to figure out why

GO

OD

D L

L O

V

E S

Y O

U M

A

N

!

!

He might run out of gas if he tries "I love you Elizabeth! Will you marry me??" Maybe he can txt it in the sky.

<--- my avatar.

my hubby proposed in front of cinderella right before dinner at the castle.

we were first in line to meet her and there were at least 50 people in line behind us! since there was a photo person there, my hubby asked if he could take a few extra. how he managed to ask him with me right there is beyond me. :confused3 (i don't pay attention much! :rotfl:)

after he did it and i said yes, some guy in the back goes, was that fo real?! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

we said yes and everybody clapped. i was kinda :blush::blush::blush: but it's something i'll never forget...since it was my birthday at my favorite place!

i don't think you can go wrong doing it any place in disney. hubby said he was going to do it at dinner, but wanted a picture of it happening so we could show everybody.

so if you want a picture, i'd say you'd have to have a little more thought out plan, but if not...do it when you think it's right!

good luck!

Good luck! Let us know what you decide. She is going to love whatever you do...after all it is the most magical place one earth!:love:

You can find tons of ideas here but you need to figure out first if she would be happy with public proposal. I personally would prefer it at some quiet spot at sunset and would feel on a spot if it happens in public. Poly beach, somewhere away from tables and people would be great for me, restaurant or Wishes would be out of questions. Good luck and congradulations.:goodvibes

WOW thank you everyone for all your responses and ideas!

I still have a bunch of time to think about it, but I love the ideas. I know that she is against the whole restaurant thing and it being done in front of a huge group of people. I took her to WDW for her first time last year and she loved it. I took resort hopping the one night and we both agreed that we would have to stay at the Poly sometime. I feel like the Poly beach may be the way to go, but I just am trying to find a way to give a it unique touch. Also, like i said, I have plenty of time so I am just gathering a bunch of ideas.

Her favorite attraction was Pirates and she makes me sing "A Whole New World' with her every time it comes on. She is also a HUGE animal lover so maybe something with animal kingdom? When we go down next it will be with my family celebrating me graduating from college, but we are going to try to have an dinner just the two of us at EPCOT.

Again thanks to all for the input, as i'm just trying to gather up ideas.

I realize that this might be sacrilege, but what about DL? If her favorite ride is Pirates, the Blue Bayou would be a perfect place. If she's not into the whole restaurant / crowd thing, just do it at the end of the night when it's emptied out....

You might consider a carriage ride at POFQ or POR. Romantic, but it might be difficult to get the pictures you're looking for without contacting Disney photography to be there.

If you get your night alone in EPCOT, you could do the pick-a-pearl in Japan and have it set in a pendant. Then try and switch out the ring for the pendant without her seeing and suprise her. Or you could just wait until later and tell her you thought she needed something to go with the pendant and then present her with the ring and propose. Depending on the style of her wedding dress, she may be able to wear the pearl necklace at your wedding.

There are so many wonderful suggestions in this thread that I'm sure you'll come up with something magical and special. Congratulations!

hmmm,, wonder if there is a way to rig one of those pick a pearls and have her "help" pick one and when she opens it there is a ring:lovestruc i think the pearl place over near beach club isnt crowded...... or you could buy one b4 you leave and rig it...... let her have the pearl too,,lol

Depends on if you want pictures or not, but I think a private boat on It's A Small World ride would be very sweet.

WOW thank you everyone for all your responses and ideas!

Her favorite attraction was Pirates and she makes me sing "A Whole New World' with her every time it comes on. She is also a HUGE animal lover so maybe something with animal kingdom? When we go down next it will be with my family celebrating me graduating from college, but we are going to try to have an dinner just the two of us at EPCOT.

Again thanks to all for the input, as i'm just trying to gather up ideas.

Congratulations to you man. My 2 cents... If Pirates is her favorite ride and she keeps singing the song from Alladin, go for a ride on Pirates, when you get out, Alladin's magic Carpet ride is right there. Get on the ride and that way you can propose to her on a flying carpet.

Good luck and happy life.

yep, ride pirates and then hop right onto Aladdin's magic carpet... I agree completely!

My idea before I read that she doesn't like the public thing was to have different riders on Expedition Everest hold up signs so that it reads as people are going down the hill "Will You Marry Me...."

Congratulations!

Reading your list, I love all the ideas.
That said, I'm sure Disney has gotten requests for candid proposal shots before. I bet they could find a workaround for that or you could even have a friend do it? Or ask someone who is there to watch?

You might also want to consider having the actual proposal moment be personal between the two of you and then doing pictures after. Trust me, that moment will be magic for a good long time after. :)
If you wanted it on film, you could always schedule one of the photo shoots at one of the resorts (like the Polynesian on the beach) and during the shoot, propose. That way it's recorded for all time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter