Disney Princesses ... For boys

karenci

Earning My Ears
It's been ten years since I was at WDW, and it was with my two nieces.

Going in October with my five year old son who is obsessed with everything Princess. My daughter is almost two, and he is a very attached big brother, so what she gets and likes, he likes, too. (I should add I have no problem with this, I'm not really a "this for girls and this is for boys" kind of person.)

My question is, is there anything Princess/Tinker Bell/Fairies that isn't obviously geared to little girls? Will the characters, at least, pay equal attention to a little boy excited to meet them, or will I be deflecting them from my daughter to my son? (Like, I know at the CRT breakfast, they give girls a wand and boys a sword. He'll have zero interest in the sword.)

I'm not as worried about this as I might sound, Just wondering ;)

Going in October with my five year old son who is obsessed with everything Princess. My daughter is almost two, and he is a very attached big brother, so what she gets and likes, he likes, too. (I should add I have no problem with this, I'm not really a "this for girls and this is for boys" kind of person.)

My question is, is there anything Princess/Tinker Bell/Fairies that isn't obviously geared to little girls? Will the characters, at least, pay equal attention to a little boy excited to meet them, or will I be deflecting them from my daughter to my son? (Like, I know at the CRT breakfast, they give girls a wand and boys a sword. He'll have zero interest in the sword.)

The princesses will pay equal attention, if not more, to your son. DS got kissed by a few when he was that age. Cutest thing ever. :goodvibes

Princesses have always loved my son, even this most recent time (probably the last time until he's a teen and wants to date them, LOL), when we went to CRT and he met them all again. They chatted and had lots of things to say to him.

The sword is a smallish one, almost like a hobbit sword (at least in my 8 year old's hands), and it's about being a knight. He wouldn't be interested in that? One of the princesses had him pose with it, with her, and asked him to protect her as a brave knight would. That wouldn't make him smile?

Oh and it's not the princesses that give the swords/wands; at least not when we were there.

Now, we only have the one child, so there's no complications with who wants to meet them. Maybe he would like to be the first one to meet each one, and then introduce the princess to his sister once he's done? That might be a fun way to do it.

I'm sure you could ask at CRT that he be given a wand. Explain to the CM he doesn't like swords and they will understand.

You could order a prince outfit for him (I believe some etsy people sell them and perhaps Halloween stores) and then do the Prince package from BBB. That way he will feel like he is getting equal treatment.

Also the Princesses love little boys. If he is a big flirt expect him to walk away with lipstick marks. I use to see so many little boys with big read marks from Snow White.

The only Princess I can think of that isn't 100% girl is Merida. The bow and arrow kit is cool and not girly as well as the horse.

I have never seen the costumes for boys sold on property but a quick google search for Prince Charming costume did bring up a pretty reputable online seller.

Also if boys were dressed up I always bowed and said hello my Prince when I worked in Epcot.

If you're good with the movies, you can have him strike up conversations with the princesses. My trip last August was the 1st time I met face characters and I'm old enough to have my own middle schoolers now!!!

When my gf and I met Aladdin and Jasmin we asked about Abu and we talked about how we like their shoes!!! Simple things like this help to break the ice.

Also, is a birthday for the boy close enough to warrant a button? My bday was close and I had my button and it was an instant conversation starter (whether the character could talk or not!)

But in any instance, have him start a conversation!

I notice that my nephew gets a lot of attention from the Princesses and fairies when we meet them, and he gets hugs and kisses (which he's 7, right at the age where it's still okay and he loves the attention) but they also all talk to him about adventures he likes to go on. When we took both him and my niece up at the same time to meet the princesses and fairies, we noticed he actually got more attention than my niece did

When we were down there last year, my DS 11 made a point to bow before each Princess. He was a HUGE hit.... The princesses expounded on his manners..etc. Anastasia and Drucilla wanted to know what kingdom he was from, if he was eligible and when they could marry.....lol

my grandsons have done the princess meal in EPCOT, in fact no girls in party other than mom and grandmother. the boys got lot of attention even took part in the parade. boys loved the breakfast and asked to do again.

Thanks so much for the reassurances! He's very concerned that his sister doesn't have a Cinderella dress yet! I'll have to see if he'll be interested in Prince Charming. I wouldn't really blame him if he's not, not much interesting about most of the princes!

An idea that you might want to do if he's not interested in dressing as Prince Charming is that when we took my nephew he used elements of his favorite princess outfits - one day he wore yellow shorts and a red shirt with blue sleeves, and his flip flops had apples on them for Snow White. For Cinderella he wore pale blue tshirt and wore clear jelly flip flops. For meeting Ariel (she was his favorite at the time) he did try to dress as Prince Erik, he wore a white shirt, blue jean shorts, and a read scarf around his waist. It was a big hit with Ariel and all the CMs we came across that day.

Oh yes they loved DS. It was Halloween and he was dressed as iron man and they kept feeling his muscles and telling how strong he must be. Lol. It was cute! I'm sure he'll have a blast and he will also love watching his little sister interact with them I bet! Sounds like a wonderful big brother:)

My boy/ girl twins are the same as the OP in that my son loves the princesses equally as much as his sister. We went to 2 princess meals and almost all the princess meet and greets. We got to meet his favorites- Mulan and Pocohontas. When they knew they were his faves they spent extra time and he even got a kiss on the cheek from each one.

We ate at CRT last week with my 5 year old. Turns out he was terrified of the princess, lol!

He loved his sword but I'm sure they would give him a wand if he prefers (though I'd try to make it known beforehand if possible). My son chose the "girl" option drink - Tinkerbelle instead of Buzz at Garden Grill. The waiter did look at me to make sure it was okay, but it was no issue.

When my middle son was 4 he completely surprised us when we got to WDW. He had shown no interest at all in the princesses. But when we got to Magic Kingdom and saw the castle he said "I'm going to go in there and kiss Cinderella!" We have 3 boys, so I never thought we would be standing in line to meet he princesses! And sure enough he went right up and kissed Cinderella on the cheek and the video of his reaction after the kiss in priceless! We have the cutest picture of him leaning in to kiss her with his foot up in the air behind him. The princesses were amazing with him!! They were asking the boys if they had fought any dragons that day and telling them what brave princes they were. It was a great experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter