• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Princess Question

sparrowoftortuga

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,

I'm taking a "Deconstructing Disney" class in college and I had a quick question. My professor said that the Disney princesses never have any interaction so that their story lines don't cross. She gave the example that the princesses never talk to each other and they are rarely seen together. I asked about the princess breakfast and several people in my class said the princesses never pose together for a picture. Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary? I thought for sure I had seen a picture of at least two if not all the princesses together. If you have any examples of more than one princess posing together in a shot (not just roaming, I don't think that will count), will you post? And if you have any pictures of princesses talking to one another, please post that. Thanks so much for your help! princess:

Hey everyone,

I'm taking a "Deconstructing Disney" class in college and I had a quick question. My professor said that the Disney princesses never have any interaction so that their story lines don't cross. She gave the example that the princesses never talk to each other and they are rarely seen together. I asked about the princess breakfast and several people in my class said the princesses never pose together for a picture. Does anyone have any evidence to the contrary? I thought for sure I had seen a picture of at least two if not all the princesses together. If you have any examples of more than one princess posing together in a shot (not just roaming, I don't think that will count), will you post? And if you have any pictures of princesses talking to one another, please post that. Thanks so much for your help! princess:

I don't have photo's or first hand experience, but I was sitting next to a couple last week at Chef Mickey's that were there with their two little girls and were at Akerhaus one night and 1900 Park Fare another...and the SAME woman was both one of the wicked stepsisters at Park Fare and Ariel at Akerhaus. They had pics to prove it. :rotfl:

Hey everyone,

Not sure. My experience with the Princesses has been limited to having my DD (2) get her picture taken with them at their spot in Mickey's Toontown at MK. Each Princess has a throne she sat in (although they would stand up and squat down to greet/talk to my daughter) as she approached, but I'd have to agree that looking back on it they did not interact with each other (like Aurora who quickly got my daughter to warm up to her, did not lean over to Cindy (Cinderella) and say "Hey Cinderella, look at this beautiful little Princess coming your way." Each gave their time to my DD and then moved on to the next in line.

However, I give props to Belle. My daughter started playing with Belle's dress as she sat on Belle's lap. I felt that we had taken enough of Belle's time, so I said thank you to bell, and told DD that it was time to go. Belle, then scooted my daughter closer to her, started talking about her dress to DD, and then wispered something special into DD's ear. I know that at 2 DD could not tell me what was said and doesn't remember it, but it was a small piece of Disney Magic that touched me. Afterwards, DD talked about the Princesses non-stop for MONTHS.

Our next interaction will be at the Princess Breakfast in Epcot in May.

But the whole "not interacting" with each other does make sense, as their stories do not cross so they wouldn't know each other, now would they?

I don't think I have any pictures of them posing together; however, they do exist BUT... and this is a big BUT... every picture I have seen that I can think has been a backstage/special meet and greet/special event... basically someone knows someone LOL. At WDW in general they are very strict at character meals about characters posing together... you can't even get Donald and Daisy Duck to pose together when they are standing right next to each other LOL. At the other parks they are a little less strict about this during character meals but there aren't normally many princesses at them and it is possible this rule is enforced.

So while there are princess pictures with multiple princesses posing together they normally will not.

I don't have photo's or first hand experience, but I was sitting next to a couple last week at Chef Mickey's that were there with their two little girls and were at Akerhaus one night and 1900 Park Fare another...and the SAME woman was both one of the wicked stepsisters at Park Fare and Ariel at Akerhaus. They had pics to prove it. :rotfl:

Yes, buit this isn't TWO princesses together at the same time posing together.....just the same cast member on two different nights. Allowable. The OP is specifically askign about two princesses, like Belle and Auroa, interacting and posing together......

i hadnt really though about it, but what your prof says seems to be true based on my experience. i have never seen princesses from a different story line speak to one another (though i have never been to the princess meals in norway). if you ask them a direct question about another character, they may or may not answer depending on the individual playing them that day. the only timei have ever seen more than one pose for a picture together is in disney ads. in the parades though more that one princess may be on the same float...though usually not the mains ones.

When we were on the disney cruise we were at a princess event, my DD was in her Belle dress, Cinderella commented that her "friend Belle" had the same dress. I don't have pics or anything and not sure if this counts but that is my .02 worth.

Noelle

When we were on the disney cruise we were at a princess event, my DD was in her Belle dress, Cinderella commented that her "friend Belle" had the same dress. I don't have pics or anything and not sure if this counts but that is my .02 worth.

Noelle

I know one of the members here on the DIS has a picture on his signature that has (I believe) all the princesses together. But I don't know the story of the picture...if it was a special meet and greet or what. I'll look around the board and try to find it for you.

Last trip we have interactions with several at the same time!

While we were in line waiting for Ariel in the grotto, Alice came over and stayed for about 15 minutes! She brought a cup of water and splashed Ariel with it because it was "so hot out" and thought her fins might be dry. It was so cute!!

And another time, after seeing Mary Poppins and we then saw Snow white (they were different people, I checked lol), she commented how her friend Mary had told her all about our wonderful autograph books (made on snapfish) and that she couldn't wait to see the pictures of herself in them. They had to have talked, because they weren't just regular autograph books, and they were the talk of all the princesses. Word had spread by mid afternoon.

We have a picture somewhere of Jasmine and Aurora together with my girls. It was a very rare moment.

I know one of the members here on the DIS has a picture on his signature that has (I believe) all the princesses together. But I don't know the story of the picture...if it was a special meet and greet or what. I'll look around the board and try to find it for you.

Yes, it is bradk's siggie - and it's a great pic! But like a pp said, I don't know if it was a special meet and greet or something else.

The princess all interacted during the castle court show that used to play. It was called Cinderella's something or other. I will try to find the name. All the princess and their prince's were together.

Robo might know more about this...

Unfortunately I do not have any pics to document it, but years ago we were at MGM(I did say years ago) it was extremely slow and I mean extremely we were in front of the hat and we had several face characters (Belle, Megara, Hercules, Mary Poppins, and another princess.) and we stood around in a group with all of them and we had a group discussion. So they were all interacting with us and each other. Sorry its not documented for you.

in 2007 we had pictures taken with the princesses in Toon Town and Sleeping Beauty did speak to Cinderella while we were there. She was telling Cinderella how much my son, looked like her friend Dash from The Incredibles.

The princess all interacted during the castle court show that used to play. It was called Cinderella's something or other. I will try to find the name. All the princess and their prince's were together.

Robo might know more about this...

Yep! I have a picture of all of the Princesses on stage interacting with each other. I remember Cinderella was the host and was having some sort of event and all of the Princesses with their Prince attended.

Thank y'all so much for your information and posts. I love the story about Belle and your daughter, simba20.
I had never actually seen them interact before (especially at the various photo opportunities), so I wasn't sure if they did "on-stage" or not.
It definitely makes sense that they wouldn't want storylines to cross. If anyone can find a photo of them together, please let me know. Thanks, ses1230 for the post. I will check out that photo.

Yep! I have a picture of all of the Princesses on stage interacting with each other. I remember Cinderella was the host and was having some sort of event and all of the Princesses with their Prince attended.

I wonder if I could find a performance of this on Youtube.... Does anyone remember the name? Was it Cinderella's Surprise Celebration? I started to get the shows confused after awhile. lol

You will find a couple pictures of my daughter with more than one princess in my Flickr photostream linked in my signature. One was a special meet & greet, a gift from a special friend, another was at the Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland just as Belle and Cindy were switching out. I just said... hey, can I get a picture with both of you and they said yes, if you are quick.

I'm sure what you say about not wanting to mix the princesses' story lines is true. But mostly it's because of the ruckus it would cause if they were all posing together. Everyone would want that photo op. It's easier for them to split them up and give 3 groups of people access to a character, than to have one line with access to 3 characters at once.

It's all about CROWD CONTROL!!!!

All the princesses and their princes were in the Cinderella Coronation show that was showing at the Castle Stage in 2006.

Also, Snow White asked my daughter in 2006 if she had met her friend Cinderella the night before, since Cinderella had told her about a special girl she had met named Claire. Looking at the photos, those two could be twin sisters ;-)

Editied to add...it's the Snow White in my Avatar Pic.

You will find a couple pictures of my daughter with more than one princess in my Flickr photostream linked in my signature. One was a special meet & greet, a gift from a special friend, another was at the Princess Fantasy Faire at Disneyland just as Belle and Cindy were switching out. I just said... hey, can I get a picture with both of you and they said yes, if you are quick.

I'm sure what you say about not wanting to mix the princesses' story lines is true. But mostly it's because of the ruckus it would cause if they were all posing together. Everyone would want that photo op. It's easier for them to split them up and give 3 groups of people access to a character, than to have one line with access to 3 characters at once.

It's all about CROWD CONTROL!!!!

Crowd control is key, definitely. I agree with what you said about splitting everyone up. Thanks for the photos. :)

All the princesses and their princes were in the Cinderella Coronation show that was showing at the Castle Stage in 2006.

Also, Snow White asked my daughter in 2006 if she had met her friend Cinderella the night before, since Cinderella had told her about a special girl she had met named Claire. Looking at the photos, those two could be twin sisters ;-)

Editied to add...it's the Snow White in my Avatar Pic.

Thanks so much for the name of the show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter